Install CA Service Management 14.1.04 on Windows
14.1.04 installer performs prerequisite checks and mandatory validations before installing the patch. Ensure that you have reviewed the Installation Prerequisites before proceeding with the installation. Take a backup of your MDB database before proceeding with the installation for safe data recovery.
CA Service Management14.1.04 installer performs prerequisite checks and mandatory validations before installing the patch. Ensure that you have reviewed the Installation Prerequisites before proceeding with the installation. Take a backup of your MDB database before proceeding with the installation for safe data recovery.
In Advanced Availability mode, the xFlow Analyst Interface can only be installed on an Application Server. If you have converted CA SDM conventional to advanced availability configuration, and you have a previously installed version of xFlow Analyst Interface, ensure that you Uninstall CA Service Desk Manager (Windows) and reinstall the xFlow Analyst Interface on an Application server.
Install CA SDM 14.1.04 Using the Installation Wizard
Perform the following steps to install
CA Service Management14.1.04 (Windows):
- DownloadRO96941.CAZfrom CA Support.
- CopyRO96941.CAZon all servers in your environment.
- Create a folder and place both the files (RO96941.CAZandcazipxp.exeutility) in the same folder.
- Open the Command Prompt and change the directory to where both the files reside. Extract or unzip theRO96941.CAZcazipxp -uRO96941.CAZEnsure that you type the patch number accurately, such that the number zero "0" and the letter "O" are properly differentiated where applicable. If you accidentally enter a zero for the letter O, or vice versa, the cazipxp utility will not recognize the patch number and fail to execute.
- Stop CA SDM Services on all servers in your environment, and perform the succeeding steps on each server:
- Navigate tofolderCASM_14.1.04_CommonPatchInstaller_Win.Right-clickSetup.exeand selectrun as administrator.You must be logged in to the server as a local admin to install the patch.
- Review and Accept the License Agreement Information.
- SelectMicrosoft SQL ServerorOracleas the database type in the Database Configuration screen.For Windows Microsoft SQL Server database,mdbadminis the default user.
- Provide the database details:
- If you have selectedMicrosoft SQL Server, provide the following field information:
- Database Server: Enter the host name of the database server.If the target instance is part of a clustered instance, the virtual host name of the cluster must be used.
- Database Name: Enter the Database name (mdb), the name of the target DBMS. The default value is mdb.
- Database Port: Provide the port identifier for the target DBMS.
- Database Server Instance: The database instance name. Leave this field blank if you are using the default instance.
- Database Admin User: For Microsoft SQL Server,sais the default value.Thesauser is the admin user with permission to create a user and schema.
- Database Admin Password: Enter the database password of the user specified by database admin user. There is no default value for this parameter.
- mdbadmin Password: Enter the password for the user specified for the MDB admin user.
- Confirm mdbadmin Password: Confirm the password.
- If you have selectedOracledatabase, provide the following field information:
- Database Server: Enter host name of the Oracle database server.
- Oracle Service Name: Enter the Oracle Service name.
- Listener Port: Enter the listener port for the database.
- Net Service Name: Provide the Net Service Name of the Oracle database where the database resides.If the database is remote, use the Net Service name that is defined within the Oracle client on the local computer.CA SDM uses a local installation of the Oracle client to specify a Net Service name that is different from the service name on the Oracle server.
- DBA User Name: Provide the name of an Oracle user with DBA access. The default value for DBA user isSYS.
- DBA User Password: Enter the password for the DBA user.
- mdbadmin Password: Enter the password for MDB admin.
- Confirm mdbadmin Password: Confirm the password.
- Tablespace Path (on DB Server): Provide the tablespace path on the database server.
- Oracle Home Path: Provide the Oracle client 32-bit path.
- Data Tablespace Name: Provide the name of the data tablespace. The default value is MDB_DATA.
- Index Tablespace Name: Provide the index Tablespace Name: The default value is MDB_INDEX.
- On the product selection page, the installer identifies and indicates the products already installed.
- CA Service Desk Manager
- xFlow Analyst interfaceThe CA xFlow Analyst interface server is deployed only if you have installed CA Service Desk Manager 14.1 or above in your environment. For conventional configuration, it is recommended that you install the xFlow Analyst interface server on a secondary server. Advanced Availability users can only install the xFlow Analyst interface server on an application server.
- Search ServerSearch Server can be deployed on a standalone setup if you have installed CA SDM 14.1.03 in your environment. Search server currently supports Microsoft Windows Server 2012 (64-bit) and Red Hat Linux 6 (64-bit).
- CA Service Catalog
- CA Asset Portfolio Management
- Unified Self ServiceClickNext.You can select the option to perform the automated post install steps.
- Complete the xFlow Analyst Interface Configuration Details. Ensure that the ports are open before configuring the port information:
- Web Host: Specify the system that hosts the web server. By default, your web host is your local system.
- Web Server Port: Specify the port number of the web server. The default value is 9002.
- Incident Service Port: Specify the services APIs port. The default value is 9004.
- Search Service Port: Specify the search service port. The default value is 9006.
- Installation Directory: By Default, the xFlow Analyst Interface is installed inC:\Program Files\CA\xFlow. ClickBrowseif you want to change the default install location.
- If you have opted to install the Search server in step 10, complete the search server configuration details:
- Server Host Name: Provide the system name or IP address where you have installed search server.
- Search Server HTTP Port: Provide the search server port details.The default value is 9012.
- (Optional) Load Search Initial Data: Selecting this option loads the required data into the Search Server. This option is visible only when you perform the search server installation for the first time in your implementation. This process takes some time to complete depending on the size of the data being loaded and may slow down the performance during peak hours. We recommend that you perform the initial load task during off peak hours as it affects the CA SDM server performance. For more information, see Perform Initial Load and Refresh Index and Data on the Search Server.
- Installation Directory: By default, the search server is installed inC:\Program Files\CA\SC\SearchServer. ClickBrowseto change the default install location.
- If CA Service Catalog is installed in your environment, provide the CA Embedded Entitlements Manager (CA EEM) details:
- CA EEM Server Name: Specifies the CA EEM server name which is configured with CA Service Catalog.
- CA EEM Admin User Name: Authenticates the name of the user with Admin access. The default value for Admin user isEiamAdmin.
- CA EEM Admin Password: Specify password for CA EEM admin user.
- Review the Patch Information Summary page, clickNext.Click theInstallbutton to proceed with the installation.
- Review the Installation progress and when the installation is complete, clickNext.
- ClickFinishto exit the installer.If patch installation fails for a product, retry the installation by using theRetryoption in the wizard where it fails. If retry does not work, exit the installer and relaunch it. If the problem persists, contact CA Support.
- After installing the xFlow Analyst interface, you must start theCA xFlow Analyst Interfaceservice from Windows Services (Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services) as this service is not started by default.
- After installing the search server, if theservice is not started by default or if it stops, start the services fromCA Service ManagementSearch ServerControl Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.
For more information about how to uninstall the patch, see Uninstall CA Service Desk Manager (Windows).