Learn how to plan, and install the product.
CA Service Management(CASM) is a seamlessly integrated solution of CA Service Desk Manager, CA Service Catalog, and CA IT Asset Management products. The solution consists of a collaborative platform and offers self-service functionalities for your business users and administrators. The
CA Service Managementsolution delivers a modern, social media-based user experience to access knowledge, collaborate, resolve issues, request services and manage IT assets.
CA Service Managementsolution includes the following products and capabilities:
- CA Service Desk ManagerTheCA Service Managementsolution caters the needs of the IT services organizations using the CA Service Desk Manager which integrates all stages and elements of service desk operations into a single platform, including service requests, incident, change, knowledge and configuration management. The CA Service Desk Manager product comes with the following components:
- Unified Self-ServiceUnified Self Service (USS) is a community-based communication tool which lets you connect and share knowledge with the people in your organization. USS acts as a unified interface for Unified Self Service, CA Service Desk Manager and CA Service Catalog.
- Search ServerSearch Server is a platform for distributed search and analysis of data in real time. It provides a full-text search capability and delivers expected results when you search for an object on the xFlow interface.
- Collaboration ServerCollaboration server is a chat tool which helps to initiate the instant messaging within the context of a ticket, between two analyst users who are working in the same enterprise environment.
- xFlow InterfaceThexFlow Interface
- InsightsCA Service Managementprovides advanced reporting capabilities through Insights application within the xFlow Interface. Insights is a reporting solution that empowers you with self-service capabilities for the analysis and understanding of your service management environment. You can quickly create interactive dashboards and reports using the Insights functionality.
- Webscreen Painter for CA Service Desk ManagerInstalls the Web Screen Painter (WSP) to customize the CA Service Desk Manager schema and web interface. We recommend to install the Webscreen Painter on a different server than that of the CA Service Desk Manager.
- CA Service CatalogCA Service Catalog and it's components are an integrated set of business applications that a Service Delivery Manager uses to manage services. CA Service Catalog provides a container that consists of services for one, several, or all business units. Services are built of one or more service option groups that describe IT services and how to charge for them.
- Accounting ComponentService Catalog Accounting is the financial component of CA Service Catalog. You can use it for billing, charge back, cost allocation, budgeting, and planning of services in the catalog.
- Catalog ContentCatalog Content is a set of best practice model services to help you start your catalog quickly. Using these model services helps you better align your services with business goals, improve internal customer satisfaction, and standardize your processes to achieve greater operational efficiency.
- CA Asset Portfolio ManagementCA Asset Portfolio Management (CA APM) provides asset management capabilities to help you manage technology assets that you own, lease, or license. The product helps you optimize your IT asset investments and avoid overspending by enabling a portfolio view of your IT asset costs, contracts, and licenses. This view allows you to manage and control costs to make more informed business decisions. The product helps you identify unused and under-utilized assets to help you increase and optimize asset use and reduce over payment on invoices. CA APM helps you manage your IT assets throughout their life cycle, from initial planning and purchase to retirement and disposal.
- CA Common Components
- CA Embedded Entitlements ManagerCA Embedded Entitlements Manager (CA EEM) allows applications to share common access policy management, authentication, and authorization services.
- CA Business IntelligenceCA Business Intelligence (CA BI) is an enterprise reporting infrastructure that enables you to create, maintain, store, schedule, and distribute reports for CA SDM users and roles.
Each of these
CA Service Managementproducts have different prerequisites, pre-installation considerations, installation procedures and post installation configurations.
To successfully install the
CA Service Managementsolution products review the following: