Virtualize Services by Recording (HTTP or HTTP/S) - Enhanced VS Recorder
When you have the Enhanced VS Recorder Preview Feature enabled, you can use an enhanced workflow for recording a virtual service, using version 2 of the DevTest API. This capability is currently limited to the HTTP transport protocol. For more information, see .
When you create a virtual service by recording with the HTTP transport protocol, follow the steps in this page to configure the transport protocol and to record the transactions.
The following graphic shows the
HTTP Transport Protocolpanel.
The graphic for the recording changes color as the components are validated. In the preceding graphic, the VS Recorder and the server are colored, indicating that they have been validated.
When all the mandatory information that is required for recording is entered, the status of the recording changes from "Draft" to "Ready". The status shows on the blue
Statusbutton. To get more details for the recording, click
Follow these steps:
- Service Virtualizationchooses a default host for the VS Recorder. To change the name or IP address of this host where the recorder is running, select another IP address from the drop-down. If there are multiple host IP addresses and you want to record on all those IP addresses, "All" is provided as the first option in the drop-down and is selected by default.
- To enter or change the port for the VS Recorder, click the lock icon to enable the field for input. Enter a port number that the recorder uses as a listen port of incoming requests.
- To specify the website to record, enter the URL in theEnter Target URLfield. The following formats are accepted:
VSE) validates the format. You can virtualize applications running on the same machine on whichDevTestis running.
- (Optional) Select or clear theDo not modify host header parameter received from clientcheck box.If selected, this option instructs the live invocation to forward the host header that is received from the client application to the target server. If cleared, the live invocation regenerates the host header parameter to behost: <target host>:<target port>.
- (Optional) Select or clear theDe-identify transactionscheck box.This check box specifies whether to try to recognize sensitive data and substitute random values during the recording. For more information, see De-identifying Data. This option is available in advanced mode.
- (Optional) Select or clear theTreat all transactions as statelesscheck box.This check box specifies whether to treat all recorded transactions as stateless. Usually, leave this option cleared. This option is available in advanced mode.
- Choose one of the following options:
- To record without using SSL, leave theUse SSLcheck boxes cleared.
- To record using SSL, select one or both of theUse SSLcheck boxes. TheUse SSLcheck box on the left lets you enter information about the SSL certificate to send to the client. TheUse SSLcheck box on the right lets you enter information about the SSL certificate to send to the server.
- (Optional) If you select one or bothUse SSLcheck boxes, complete the following fields:
- SSL Keystore FileSpecifies the name of the keystore file.To find a keystore file on the file system, clickBrowse. Keystore files must be in PKCS12 or JKS format.
- SSL Keystore PasswordSpecifies the password that is associated with the specified keystore file.
- SSL Key AliasDesignates an alias for a public key. If there is more than one key in the file, the key alias specifies which key in the file to use.
- SSL Key PasswordSpecifies the password that is associated with the specified alias in the keystore file.
- (Optional) To validate the SSL parameters, clickValidate. As you enter data into the SSL fields, the system performs progressive validation.
- ClickStart Recording.
- To see transactions as they record, click the orangeTxnbutton. To clear the transaction list, either during or after recording, clickClear.
- To work with transactions as they record, click the orangeTxnbutton and then the maximize button. You can now select transactions from the list and view the request and response data.From theBodytab, you can click:
- Search, to search for text in the response data
- Format, to choose to format the response data as Text, XML/HTML, or JSON. You can also choose here to Autoformat the text or to toggle the word wrap.
- Maximize, to maximize this tab for easier viewing
- When you have finished recording, clickStop Recordingand clickNext.