CA Digital Experience Collector Deployment Blueprint for CA APM
HID_DXC_sizingUse a sizing blueprint for the Digital Experience Collector deployment for these scenarios:
Use a sizing blueprint for the Digital Experience Collector deployment for these scenarios:
- APM on-premise Enterprise Manager
- APM on-premise Enterprise Manager with App Experience Analytics SaaS
At a high level, you use the following three steps to determine Digital Experience Collector deployment blueprints and hardware requirements. The details of these steps are explained in later sections.
- Determine the payload of the Browser Agent requests being sent to Digital Experience Collector with the number of requests.
- Map those numbers to identify a deployment blueprint.
- Determine the hardware resources for the deployment blueprint.
The Digital Experience Collector Blueprints are based on the following assumptions and requirements.
Assumptions for Digital Experience Collector Blueprint
CA Digital Experience Collector uses the following assumptions to establish the blueprint:
- Range of payloadl; size is upto 250 KB. Bigger payload sizes require a custom Digital Experience Collector deployment.
- One APM Logstash instance can report metrics to one APM Enterprise Manager cluster. A one-to-one relationship exists between a Logstash plug-in and an APM cluster. Applications that report to different APM clusters should only go through the Logstash plug-in that reports to the related APM cluster.
- For each additional APM Enterprise Manager cluster, add an APM Logstash instance as a part of the Digital Experience Collector deployment.
- Each Digital Experience Collector deployment has a limit of 50-K unique APM metrics.
- Each Digital Experience Collector deployment can have a maximum of six Logstash plug-ins.
- If the throughput exceeds what one Logstash instance can handle, add a Logstash instance. This instance should be on a dedicated virtual machine.
- Default upload frequency of 3.75 per second, as specified in the profile.json file. Any change to the upload frequency also changes the sizing for the Digital Experience Collector deployment.
Requirements for the Digital Experience Collector Blueprint
This blueprint has the following requirements:
- BA.js file and profile JSON must be cached locally where other static contents are stored and latency is low. For example, use a web server, proxy, load balancer, or the application server.
- Kafka:- Locally attached or network storage- Minimum read/write 220 MB per second- 4-K block size- Random 90 K for read/write operations- Network Interface Card (NIC) 10 Gbps – a Solid-State Device is recommended.
- SSL termination must occur before web traffic enters the Digital Experience Collector.
- NGINX bundled with Digital Experience Collector is not supported for production deployments and should be used only for a proof of concept.
Click here to start the sizing process.