Browse the API Catalog - Publishers
All users, including anonymous users, can get basic information about each API published on the Portal by browsing the API Catalog. For example, you can track API version changes, availability (state), and popularity (number of applications using the API) using the API Catalog.
All users, including anonymous users, can get basic information about each API published on the
API Developer PortalPortal by browsing the API Catalog. For example, you can track API version changes, availability (state), and popularity (number of applications using the API) using the API Catalog.
The API Catalog includes the following information about each API:
- Name (You can search for APIs by name.)
- Public description
- State: Enabled, Disabled, or Deprecated (You can filter APIs according to their state.)
- Recent activity (The New label indicates APIs that were first enabled on theAPI Portalin the last seven days. The Versioned label indicates APIs that had their version number changed in the last seven days. You can filter APIs according to their recent activity.)If an API was added and revised in the last seven days, then only the New label appears.
- Number of applications using the API
- Visibility: Public or Private (Anonymous user cannot view private APIs. You can filter APIs according to their visibility.)
APIs are either public or private. Only the following users can view a private API:
- logged in API publishers
- logged in developers who have the private API in their account plans
To open the API Catalog, select the
The following image shows the API Catalog screen with the Filter panel and API Details panel open:
Image Notes:The numbers of the following notes correspond to the numbers in the previous image.
- To open or close the Filters panel, selectFilter.
- To search for an API, begin typing its name in theAPI Namefield. The field lists APIs with matching names. Select an API from the list and selectApply.
- To filter the list of APIs, select one or more of the filters. Then selectApply.
- When you apply a filter, the Filter bar describes the filter.
- To clear all the filters and the API Name field, selectRemove Filter.
- To view more information about an API, selectView Details.
- Icons next to the API names indicate their states.
- Labels next to the API names indicate recent activity.