Aggregated Analytics Dashboard
To use the dashboard for the aggregated data, you need to make some configuration changes. Once the changes are applied, you cannot revert back to the original Analytics Dashboard, leading to loss of previously stored data. This happens because in aggregated view the raw data is not stored beyond one day. We recommend you to understand the aggregation view before proceeding with the changes.
What is an aggregated view
Organizations with a large infrastructure consume a large amount of APIs. Storing these raw data on a daily basis in API Portal consumes considerable amount of disk space, which can result in poor performance or service disruption. To overcome this problem, the Portal administrator can leverage the aggregated analytics solution. The raw data is aggregated based on certain parameters and then displayed on the dashboard. The raw data is also purged after a day.
- Provides a stable API Portal that functions within a defined limit of disk space.
- Provides stability and predictability of Analytics Stack for scaling.
Enable the Aggregated View
Follow these steps:
- Navigate to:Installation_location/conf/portal.conf
- Add the following information:PORTAL_JARVIS_AGGR_ENABLED= true
- Restart API Portal.
(Optional) Hardware Optimizer for Aggregated Analytics
Use an Excel spreadsheet to calculate the storage and container level requirements for the aggregated analytics solution. This output enables you to plan ahead and use the dashboard effectively without putting additional load that causes disrupted service.
Follow these steps:
- Provide custom values for any of the Input fields.
- Ingestion Volume per day (in transaction per day):based on customers' anticipated load or transactions per day.
- Raw Data Total Retention Period (in Days):indicates how long the raw data is kept. This is a non-configurable field and mentioned in the excel sheet for your information.
- Aggregated Data Retention Period (in Days):indicates how long you want to keep your aggregated data. Aggregation jobs runs after every hour, but there is delay of one hour. For example, at 10 a.m. the aggregation job aggregates the data that is pushed between 8 a.m. - 9 a.m.
- Max Number of Applications Hits/Hour:maximum number of anticipated hits to the application(s) in a time period of one hour.
- Max Number of API Hits/Hour:maximum number of anticipated APIs used in a time period of one hour.
- Number of Gateways:number of gateways used in your organization.
- Hit enter get the calculated output.
How to Access the Dashboard
If you enable Analytics after creating a tenant, the Analytics dashboard page may be shown as blank for that tenant until you hit your first APIs.
Analytics is accessible from Portal UI following installation of Jarvis.
Retrieve Quota Usage
The chart displays the following information:
- Monthly Quota Usage:Shows the percentage of themonthlyquota (of the account plan) used by the selected organization(s). You can also drill down this data by selecting the API(s), App, or both.
- Daily Quota Usage:Shows the percentage of thedailyquota (of the account plan) used by the selected organization(s) during the last 24 hours. You can also drill down this data by selecting the API(s), App, or both.
The chart does not include organizations on account plans that do not have daily or monthly quotas.
Retrieve Numeric Data
The following kinds of numeric data can be retrieved from the dashboard:
- API Hits:Generate graphs for the number of API hits within the defined time period.
- Errors: Generate graphs for the total API Hits and the errors reported within the defined time period.
- Latency: Generate graphs of the maximum, average, and minimum latency metrics for the API hits within the defined time period.
You can either get a data for the last 24 hours, last 1 hour, or by selecting a custom time period. You can also filter the data using APIs, Apps and Orgs.
Custom Data Range:This feature allows you to select a custom time period to see the numeric data. Click on the chart to use the filters.Date filter allows you to select the timeline.
- Select last: select the number of days to show the data. For example last 7 days will show you data for the last 7 days, ending today.
- Custom: instead of predefined timeline, you can also select the number of days.
- From and To: select the start and end date to view the data. The end data cannot be before the start date.
- Default: Last 7 days.
Last 24 Hours:This feature allows you to view the numeric data for the last 24 hours. Click on the chart to use the filters. The Date filter shows the one day timeline ending today, and cannot be changed. You can also drill down the chart using API, App, and Organizations filters.
Last 1 Hour:This feature allows you to view the numeric data for the last one hour. Click on the chart to use the filters. The Date filter shows the timeline ending today, and cannot be changed. You can also drill down the chart using API, App, and Organizations filters.