Requirements and Compatibility
This topic describes the supported versions of various technologies by the gateway.
This topic describes the supported versions of various technologies by the
Layer7 API Gateway.
Compatibility with MAG and OTK
For information about product compatibility with the CA Mobile API Gateway and the CA API Management OAuth Toolkit, visit:
Layer7 API Gateway
Policy Manager and XML VPN Client
To minimize security risks, install the Policy Manager software on a dedicated workstation.
Supported: Windows XP, 7, 8, 10, Windows Server 2003, 2008
Tested: Windows XP, 7, 10, Windows Server 2003, 2008
Fedora Core 10 through 15
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, 6
SuSE Linux 10
8, 9, 10
5.x, 6.0, 6.5, 6.7
Hardware Security Modules (HSM)
Supported hardware security modules:
- Thales nShield Solo+ (nCipher)
- Thales nShield Connect
- Thales nShield XC
- SafeNet Luna SA Network HSM v5.4.1
- A machine running one of the supported platforms for the Policy Manager listed above
- Dedicated workstation recommended, to minimize security risks
- When running the Policy Manager on Linux or Solaris, a Java 8 JDK must be properly installed and the JAVA_HOME environment set to the JDK installation directory path
- When running the Policy Manager on Linux, a modern file system such as ext2/ext3 that supports full Linux file semantics instead of a FAT32/NTFS partition. The FAT32/NTFS partition does not allow uid, gid, and symlinks
- Java version 1.8
- Network access to one or more Gateways with a valid HTTP URI, through port 8443
- If running browser client version: ensure Java 8 Update 102 or higher is installed, with a supported Web browserFeature DeprecationFor Gateway versions 9.4 CR3 and newer with AdoptOpenJDK, the browser client version of the Policy Manager will no longer be available.
For Gateway versions 9.4 CR3 and newer with AdoptOpenJDK, the browser client version of the Policy Manager will no longer be available.
Browser support for the Policy Manager Browser Client.
Tested against latest versions
Tested against latest versions
Other browsers not listed above may work, but CA Technologies cannot not ensure performance, security, and compatibility if used.
CA Single Sign-On (formerly "CA SiteMinder")
12sp3, 12.51, 12.52, 12.7
(Supported in v9.4 CR5)12.8.03
(*see note below for more details)
Sun JSAM (replaced by OpenSSO)
IBM Tivoli Access Manager (TAM)
Microsoft Active Directory (MSAD)
Oracle Access Manager (OAM)
CA Single Sign-On Compatibility
It is important to note the difference between the CA Single Sign-On Identity Provider and the CA Single Sign-On SDK:
- The versions listed in the table above describe the versions of the CA Single Sign-OnPolicy Serverthat is supported when the Authenticate Against CA Single Sign-On Assertion is used to authenticate credentials.
- The CA Single Sign-OnSDKthat is currently provided in the distribution archives is version 12.52 SP01 CR9, which is compatible with RHEL 6 and 7.
- (Available in v9.4 CR5)The CA Single Sign-OnSDKthat is currently provided in the distribution archives is version 12.8.03, which is compatible with RHEL 6 and later.
Message Queuing Products
IBM MQ Series
Supported: 7.0, 7.1, 7.1.01, 8.0, 9.x
Tested: 7.0, 7.1, 126.96.36.199*, 9.x*
*Note:Versions 188.8.131.52 and 9.x are tested and supported for MQ Native Queue only.
Antivirus (ICAP) Products
Symantec Antivirus Scan Engine
McAfee Web Security
UDDI Registry Products
Centrasite Active SOA
8.0, 8.1, 8.2
Databases (JDBC Connector Only)
While the Data Direct driver claims support for a list of databases, the
Layer7 API Gatewayis actively tested on a small subset of that list. Support for issues may involve additional support from Data Direct.
MS SQL Server
Supported: 2000 and higher
Supported: 8.x, 9.1, 9.5, 9.7
Supported: Community or Standard Edition 5.x
Tested: Standard Edition 5.7
Tested: 11.2, 12c
Supported: 2.1.2, 3.0.0, 3.9.0
Third Party Products End of Support Statement
When a third-party product reaches the end of its primary or mainstream support, CA will no longer provide support for that third-party product or any API Gateway components that interoperate with the third party product. Third party products under extended vendor support are not supported by CA. Examples of third party products include but are not limited to: web server, application server, operating system, directory, database, container application platforms, etc.