Includes steps to acquire, install, deploy and configure your product.
CA Database Management Solutions for DB2 for z/OSinstallation process is typically performed by the systems programmer or database administrator who is responsible for installing products on your mainframe systems. You may also work with a storage administrator for DASD allocations and security administrator for access to installation data sets and other security requirements.
Knowledge in JCL, TSO/ISPF, and DB2 for z/OS is assumed. We also assume that you have an understanding of your z/OS environment and the IT environment, enterprise structure, and region structure at your site.
The installation process includes all the tasks that are needed to acquire the products and make them ready for use in a production environment.
Follow these steps:
- Prepare for installation by reviewing best practices and addressing the prerequisites (software, hardware, security, storage, and so on).
- Install preventive maintenance using CA CSM or SMP/E jobs.
- Configure the products. This step involves customizing the SMP/E environment (SMP/E data sets, target libraries, and distribution libraries) and creating the product runtime environment (configured product instance):
- (Optional) Copy the product SMP/E target libraries onto the systems where you are installing the products to create the deployment libraries.We highly recommend that you complete this step to keep the product SMP/E environment clean. This step also isolates the product SMP/E environment from the runtime foundation that is used in the day-to-day operation of the products.
- Access the Post-Install Tailoring menu. Execute:EX 'hlq'.CDBACLS0(INSMAIN)' 'hlq')The CA Products for DB2 for z/OS Post-Install Tailoring menu appears.---------- CA Products for DB2 for z/OS Post-Install Tailoring (INS) --------- Option ===> 0 Settings - Session and environmental options 1 Setup - Create/edit global and product PARMLIB members 2 Tailor - Execute product specific customization tasks 3 Tasks - Execute DB2 catalog customization tasks X Exit - Terminate INS Enter END (F3) to exit INS. Copyright (c) 2017 CA. All rights reserved.
- Complete these tasks in the order shown:
- Define session and environmental options (job cards, installation libraries, and data set allocation parameters).
- Setup global and product parmlib members (global and product-specific).
- Setup product-specific parmlib members (backup and recovery, general facilities, database administration, performance management, report facility, utilities, and value pack).
- Start the products by preparing the product CLIST for execution.
- Define user privileges for the products, log tables, and DB2 system catalog tables.
The following installation use cases are provided to help guide you through the most common installation scenarios: