Information and procedures for end users.
CA Database Management Solutions for DB2 for z/OSare an integrated set of products that enable DB2 database administrators (DBAs) to manage DB2 databases. These products provide database administration, database performance management, database backup and recovery capabilities. These products also share a common ISPF interface from which you can access the products and shared functions and configuration components. The shared functions are included with the license of
anyproduct in the
CA Database Management Solutions for DB2 for z/OS.
You can also use the Mainframe Team Center - Database Management for Db2 for z/OS user interface to view and explore Db2 application performance data. For more information, see Using the Mainframe Team Center User Interface.
The following sample panel shows the products and shared functions that are accessible from the ISPF main menu: (use the links to access more information about the product or component documentation)
This panel displays all ISPF enabled products or only licensed products. This setting is controlled by the FULLMENU option in the SETUP global parmlib member. For more information about the SETUP options, see the Installing documentation.
20.0 CA Database Management Solutions for DB2 for z/OS yyyy/mm/dd hh:mm OPTION ===> SCROLL ===> PAGE DB2 SSID ==>ssidLOCATION ==> LOCAL DB2 VERSION:db2vrsnACM ==> OFF ACMID ==> USERA01 SQLID ==> USERB01 <-> Backup and Recovery <-> Report Facility _ LA Log Analyzer _ R Report Facility Menu _ MM Merge/Modify _ Z Recovery Analyzer <-> Utilities _ U DB2 Object Manager <-> Database Administration _ 1 RC/Query <-> Value Pack _ 2 RC/Migrator _ B Batch Processor _ 3 RC/Update _ C DB2 Command Processor _ 4 RC/Secure _ I Interactive SQL _ 5 RC/Extract _ M Alt. Catalog Mapping _ 7 CA Endevor for DB2 _ TT Thread Term/Dynam DSNZPARM _ Y Utility Manager <-> General Facilities _ 6 RI Manager _ A Product Authorizations _ DF Dataset Facility _ EP Edit Parmlib Members _ X Exit CA/DB2 Products _ GP Global Prof. Variables _ SS Space Calculator _ T Product Tutorials _ W Log Maintenance <-> Performance Management _ D Database Analyzer _ DT Detector _ IS SYSVIEW for DB2 _ P Plan Analyzer _ S SQL-Ease _ SA Subsystem Analyzer ----------------- COPYRIGHT (C) 2017 CA. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. ----------
You can collapse and explode the panel options by placing the cursor over the minus (-) or plus sign (+) and pressing Enter. You can also use the COLLAPSE, EXPLODE, and PRIMCMD commands to collapse and expand the menu groups and show and hide primary commands. For help, type a question mark (?) in the Option field and press Enter.
When you execute an option from the products main menu, a call attach is performed to the specified DB2 subsystem. If the product or component is not installed on the requested subsystem, an error occurs. You can use the DB2L global primary command to display the Db2 12 continuous delivery levels (catalog level, function level, and previous highest level) of a subsystem.
The DB2 SSID, Location, DB2 Version, ACM, ACMID, and SQLID fields provide DB2 subsystem and product information. To switch between subsystems, change the value in DB2 SSID. To view a list of defined subsystems, enter a question mark in this field instead.
You can return to this panel from any product by entering the EXIT command or by pressing the corresponding function (END) key.
The following component and product categories are provided:
We recommend that you review the interface basics before accessing the product-specific interfaces or the General Facilities or Value Pack components.
Backup and Recovery
The CA Database Recovery Management Suite for DB2 for z/OS helps you simplify and streamline DB2 recovery, whether it is simply a few application objects, a complete ERP application, or an entire DB2 system. With the CA Database Recovery Management Suite, you have the tools to surgically back out a single update, support auditing of data changes, and replicate data changes to remote subsystems. In addition you can quickly backup the data and consolidate incremental backups or accumulate log changes to produce a new backup to streamline the processing and improve the overall efficiency of the recovery jobs.
Use the following options on the main menu to access the products that are included in the CA Database Backup and Recovery Suite for DB2 for z/OS:
- LA (Log Analyzer)CA Log Analyzer™ for DB2 for z/OSprovides a complete analysis and management tool for active data sets, archive log data sets, and image copies.CA Log Analyzer™ for DB2 for z/OSanalyzes DB2 log and SMF records to aid in auditing data changes.
- MM (Merge/Modify)CA Merge/Modify™ for DB2 for z/OSprovides a versatile utility for managing the backup and recovery of your DB2 tablespaces.CA Merge/Modify™ for DB2 for z/OSaccelerates image copy and recovery processes to help you reduce the drain on valuable CPU resources and streamline backup and recovery procedures.
- Z (Recovery Analyzer)CA Recovery Analyzer™ for DB2 for z/OSprovides for full DB2 object recovery and restoration of referential integrity for related objects.CA Recovery Analyzer™ for DB2 for z/OSsimplifies complex DB2 recovery situations by automating the generation of efficient recovery jobs.
The following products are also included in this solution suite, but are not accessible from the main menu:
- provides high-performance recovery for DB2 data (tablespaces and indexes).CA Fast Recover™ for DB2 for z/OSCA Fast Recover™ for DB2 for z/OSprovides the ability to quickly recover DB2 data (tablespaces and indexes) after a disaster or system failure, while minimizing CPU cycles, service units, and EXCPs.
- creates fast, consistent, and accurate DB2 image copies without impacting data availability.CA Quick Copy for DB2 for z/OSCA Quick Copy for DB2 for z/OSprovides you with backups of DB2 data by making single or multiple image copies at high speeds.
The CA Database Administration Suite for DB2 for z/OS helps reduce costs, simplifies DB2 object schema and data management, and helps provide for the integrity of your DB2 environments. The CA Database Administration Suite compliment and work with each other.
Use the following options on the main menu to access the products that are included in the CA Database Administration Suite for DB2 for z/OS:
- 1 (RC/Query)CA RC/Query® for DB2 for z/OSis an interactive tool that queries, analyzes, maintains, and monitors DB2 subsystems.CA RC/Query® for DB2 for z/OSprovides catalog management capabilities and alleviates the time consuming task of manually developing and testing specialized queries. CA RC/Query lets you take immediate action–whether that means executing a command, invoking a utility, or moving to another product in theCA Database Management Solutions for DB2 for z/OS.
- 2 (RC/Migrator)CA RC/Migrator™ for DB2 for z/OSis integrated withCA RC/Compare™ for DB2 for z/OSto provide DB2 migrations, alterations, and comparisons. CA RC/Migrator provides automation that increases database availability and helps you to reduce the time and risk of human error involved with complex database administration tasks.
- 3 RC/UpdateCA RC/Update™ for DB2 for z/OSis a DB2 object and data management tool. CA RC/Update automates labor-intensive tasks related to changing DB2 objects and data. It provides a development environment for the application developer, an editor and data copy feature for the end user, and sophisticated object management facilities for the DBA. These features result in simplified database administration tasks, reduced database downtime, and increased DBA productivity.
- 4 RC/SecureCA RC/Secure™ for DB2 for z/OSis a DB2 security administration facility. CA RC/Secure is a comprehensive online security administration tool for DB2 for z/OS that helps you streamline and automate the tasks of DB2 security administration.
- 5 RC/ExtractCA RC/Extract™ for DB2 for z/OSis a product for extracting referentially-intact data from one set of DB2 objects and loading the data into another set of objects.
- 7 Endevor for DB2CA Endevor® Software Change Manager Interface for DB2 integrates with CA Endevor® Software Change Manager.
DB2 Performance Management
The database and SQL Performance Management products use sophisticated analysis to help keep DB2 structures performing optimally. The CA Database Performance Suite for DB2 for z/OS products use advanced analysis and suggest corrective actions to keep DB2 databases performing optimally.
Use the following options on the main menu to access the products that are included in the CA Performance Management Suite for DB2 for z/OS:
- D (Database Analyzer)CA Database Analyzer™ for DB2 for z/OSprovides DASD and database monitoring, analysis, validation, and tuning. CA Database Analyzer has a sophisticated analysis engine that uses real-time statistics to provide graphs, trending, forecasting information as well as a flexible scripting language to proactively take corrective actions.CA Database Analyzer helps increase DBA productivity by:
The included high-speed reorganization utility is designed to increase data availability and performance, and save resources.
- Leveraging existing DB2 real-time statistics (RTS)
- Collecting new statistics on DB2 objects and using them to automate DB2 housekeeping
- Scheduling and executing utilities
- Performing space management following user-defined thresholds
- DT (Detector)CA Detector® for DB2 for z/OSprovides SQL application performance analysis. CA Detector provides in-depth analysis capabilities that enable you to identify the programs and SQL statements that most significantly affect your DB2 system performance.
- IS (SYSVIEW for DB2)CA SYSVIEW® Performance Management Option for DB2monitors DB2 subsystems and DB2 applications outside of the z/OS environment.CA SYSVIEW® Performance Management Option for DB2collects data from the z/OS subsystem interface, DB2, and z/OS control blocks, and DB2 performance traces, including input from the IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator to provide online access to critical performance statistics. In addition, the product monitors subsystems, connections from CICS, IMS, and network applications, and application statistics to assess and troubleshoot problems as they arise.
- P (Plan Analyzer)CA Plan Analyzer® for DB2 for z/OSoffers access to information for managing, controlling, and optimizing application plans. CA Plan Analyzer is designed to improve DB2 performance by efficiently analyzing SQL and using expert rules to offer SQL performance improvement recommendations.
- S (SQL-Ease)CA SQL-Ease® for DB2 for z/OSis an ISPF-edit-based development and productivity tool for application programmers.
- SA (Subsystem Analyzer)CA Subsystem Analyzer for DB2 for z/OSlets you evaluate and optimize the performance of critical subsystem components. CA Subsystem Analyzer is designed to save your DBAs time by consolidating information into a clear, concise view.
The CA SQL Performance for DB2 for z/OS products (
CA Detector® for DB2 for z/OS,
CA Plan Analyzer® for DB2 for z/OS, and
CA Subsystem Analyzer for DB2 for z/OS) automatically detect and stop an inefficient SQL statement from moving into production. These products will help you quickly identify poor running SQL statements and recommend changes to these statements based on expert rules. The access path, SQL performance and DB2 object usage history can be stored for future trending and analysis. Application change control procedures can automatically detect and stop an inefficient SQL statement from moving into production, saving the company money due to high CPU usage and improving customer experience by reducing the risk of slow performing applications.
These products also provide analysis capabilities that help identify the programs and SQL statements that impact your DB2 system performance. SQL activity is collected from many sources including online and batch mainframe applications using static SQL, client/server applications, reporting applications, and ERP systems that access DB2 using dynamic SQL. Data warehousing applications using dynamic or static SQL and host variable values can also be collected. Subsystem information is collected to track usage at the database object level, by program and statements, as well as information to analyze buffer pool hit ratios, get page requests, and physical object I/O.
CA Bind Analyzer™ for DB2 for z/OSis also included in the DB2 Performance Management solution suite, but is not accessible from the main menu.
CA Bind Analyzer™ for DB2 for z/OSreduces resource contention and accelerates application development.
CA Report Facilityprovides an intuitive, easy-to-use interface for novice and power users for building reports and queries, giving online data access to end users without forfeiting any measure of control. Use option
R (Report Facility Menu)to access the product menu. From this option, you can also access the CA Compile/PRF facility, which generates, compiles, and executes stand-alone COBOL programs.
The U (DB2 Object Manager) option lets select DB2 objects and the utilities you want to execute on them. You can also access the utility profile to specify default settings.
For a quick reference of utility syntax, see Utilities Quick Reference.
The following products are included in the DB2 Utilities solution suite: (these products are not accessible from the main menu)
- CA Fast Check® for DB2 for z/OSmonitors and controls DB2 database consistency.
- CA Fast Index® for DB2 for z/OSbuilds DB2 indexes while minimizing I/O.
- CA Fast Load for DB2 for z/OSenables high-speed loading of large amounts of data into DB2 tables.
- CA Fast Unload® for DB2 for z/OSprovides high-speed unloading of DB2 data. CA Fast Unload helps you reduce the time that is required to unload DB2 data.
- CA Rapid Reorg® for DB2 for z/OSperforms quick and effective DB2 data reorganizations to help increase data availability and performance and save resources. CA Rapid Reorg provides online and offline reorganization capabilities and automates space management.
Before you begin using the
CA Database Management Solutions for DB2 for z/OS, we recommend that you review the general facilities basics (commands and function keys, scrolling, printing, selection criteria, help, interrupt processing, and SQL error processing). We also recommend that you review the capabilities that are provided with the interproduct interface, extended query facility.
After review of these topics, you can begin using the products and shared functions that are included in the
CA Database Management Solutions for DB2 for z/OS.
The following options let you access the general facilities for all
CA Database Management Solutions for DB2 for z/OS:
- A (Product Authorizations)Lets you grant and revoke user access authorities to the products, log tables, and DB2 system catalog tables.
- DF (Dataset Facility)Automates the administration administration procedures that are involved in moving user-created DB2 data sets.You can use the Dataset Facility from any product in theCA Database Management Solutions for DB2 for z/OS. However, you must have a license forCA Database Analyzer™ for DB2 for z/OSorCA RC/Query® for DB2 for z/OSto use this facility.
- EP (Edit Parmlib Members)Lets you customize the default product-specific execution values.
- GP (Global Profile)Lets you specify values to be used byallproducts. Product-specific profile options are also provided. These options are described in the product-specific documentation.
- SS (Space Calculator)Create and manipulate statistical information about tablespaces or indexspaces.
- T (Product Tutorials)The online product tutorials. Press the HELP key (F1) to access.
- W (Log Maintenance)Lets you display, back up, purge, print, and restore log data for the Batch Processor interface,CA Database Analyzer™ for DB2 for z/OS,CA RC/Secure™ for DB2 for z/OS, andCA RC/Update™ for DB2 for z/OS.
The following options let you access the value pack components: (these components are automatically installed with any licensed product in the
CA Database Management Solutions for DB2 for z/OS)
- B (Batch Processor)The Batch Processor interface lets you submit data sets that contain SQL statements and Batch Processor commands.
- C (DB2 Command Processor)The DB2 Command Processor lets you execute DB2 and other commands from within a product session.
- I (Interactive SQL)ISQL lets you test SQL from within your product sessions.
- M (Alt. Catalog Mapping)Maps alternate tables (shadow tables) or views to catalog names.
- TT (Thread Term/Dynam DSNZPARM)Safely terminate DB2 threads, whether executing in DB2 or in an application, without affecting other transactions. Provides management of DB2 by performing dynamic and scheduled changes to the DB2 environment, including DB2 parameters, exit routines, and active log data sets.
- Y (Utility Manager)Lets you create, view, update, and submit utility extracts.
- 6 (RI Manager)Provides an interactive, visual tool for managing the Referential Integrity (RI) relationships that let you use DB2.