Uninstalling the cloud agent
In Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition (SEP SBE) cloud, you can uninstall the agent from your computers in two ways by using either:
- The management console
- The computer's control panel
The agent can be removed from any computer by default. However, your organization's Account Administrator may restrict removal of a computer agent by imposing a password on the removal operation. This change is accomplished within the management console
- To require a password on agent removal, in the SEP SBE Management Console, clickSettings.
- In theSettingspage, clickComputer Settings.
- UnderUninstall Password, activate the check-box toRequire password for uninstall. This forces the entry of a password before the removal of the agent from any of your computers.
- When you finish, clickSave Changes. The uninstall program now requires the administrative password before you proceed with the uninstall of the cloud agent.
- To uninstall SEP SBE cloud from the management console, in the SEP SBE Management Console, clickComputers.
- Locate the computer from which you want to remove SEP SBE and click it to open theComputer Profilepage.
- On theComputer Profilepage, clickDelete.This action initiates the remote removal of SEP SBE cloud from the computer and deletes the computer from organization's account.The uninstall is performed silently on the endpoint computer.
- To uninstall SEP SBE cloud from the agent computer, in your computer'sControl Panel, clickAdd or Remove Programsand locateSymantec.cloud.
- SelectSymantec.cloud,and then clickRemove.
- Select whether you want to uninstall all your Symantec.cloud services or individual services, and then clickOK.
- If the Account Administrator requires a password to remove an agent, you are prompted for the removal password before the uninstall operation begins.