Enabling Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager logon passwords to never expire
Symantec Endpoint Protection Managerlogon passwords to never expire
If you use
Symantec Endpoint Protection Managerauthentication, the default option for passwords is set to expire after 60 days.
For 12.1.5 and later, you can display an option for administrators to use a password that never expires. This option is disabled by default to increase security, so you must enable it first. After you enable the option, the option appears on the
Authenticationtab for an administrator account.
- To enableSymantec Endpoint Protection Managerlogon passwords to never expire
- In the console, clickAdmin.
- On theAdminpage, clickDomains.
- UnderDomains, select the domain for which to allow administrators to save logon credentials.
- ClickEdit Domain Properties.
- On thePasswordstab, clickAllow never expiring passwords for administrators.
- ClickAdmin>Administrators, and open the administrator account.
- On theAuthenticationtab, clickPassword never expires, and then clickOK.