Integrate Clarity Timesheets in Rally
ClarityTimesheets in Rally
Users can complete their timesheets directly inside Rally by adding the Timesheet app.
(On-Premise only)Enable https for your
Clarityproduct environment. See
Application Server Propertiesin
ClaritySystem Administration (CSA).
(SaaS only)You can also configure SSO for the timesheet integration between
Clarityand Rally SaaS. See
Configure SSO forbelow.
ClarityTimesheet Integration with Rally
Complete the Prerequisites
クラシック PPM, complete the following prerequisites.
Follow these steps:
- Install the Agile add-in and configure the integration with Rally. For more information, see IntegrateClaritywithRally.
- ClickAdministration,General Settings,System Options.
- In theNew User Experiencesection, select the following options:
- Activate New User Experience
- Activate Timesheets
- To allow resources to access their timesheets fromRally, complete the following tasks::
- Grant theTimesheet - Navigateaccess right to the resource.
- ClickHome,Resource Management,Resources. Click a resource and selectProperties,Settings. Set the following options for the resource:
- Select theActivecheckbox.
- Set theTrack ModetoPPM.
- SelectOpen for Time Entry.
- To allow resources to enter time against a project, open the project and go to theTeamtab. Enable the following settings in theProperties, Settingspage of each resource:
Users (resources) can complete only their own timesheets. They cannot search, fill, or approve the timesheets for other resources.
- Set theTrack ModetoPPM
- SelectOpen for Time Entry
(SaaS Option) Configure SSO for Timesheet Integration with Rally
You can configure SSO for the timesheet integration in a SaaS environment. Implementing SSO allows the users (for example, developers or product owners) between the two products to access either application without having to log in a second time.
For example, Mike, a product owner logs into Rally to review the product backlog and wants to record time while remaining in this application. Mike wants to access the My Timesheets feature in
Claritywithout having to log in again.
Users that have logins for both Rally and
Clarityare able to log in to either application using SSO.
If you are using SSO to authenticate to
Clarity, contact your SSO team for the custom URL that they use to access
Clarityin a SaaS environment. The following is an example of a custom URL:
The first part of the URL takes you to your identity provider (IdP) for authentication:
After authentication is complete, the end part of the URL tells you where to land in
Clarity(for example, the homepage):
Use the above custom URL to first configure the Referrer URL in
Clarityand then the Timesheet Path in Rally.
Clarityfor the Timesheet Integration
The following procedure describes how to configure an integration record for
Follow these steps:
- ClickAdministration,General Settings,Integrations.
- Open the existing integration record and verify that theIntegration URLfield points to the Rally server. For example,https://rally1.rallydev.com.
- (SSO Only) In theReferrer URLfield, enter the source URL from where the request is coming into PPM. The Referrer URL can be the same as your IdP URL (for example,
- Verify that the Rally users are created inClarityand are given the access rights listed in the prerequisites section on this page. Users will use theirClaritycredentials while accessing the timesheet inRally.
Add and Configure the Timesheet App in
The following procedure describes how to expose the
Claritytimesheet on a
Rallypage. This integration is enabled by a community app that allows users to enter their Clarity time within
- Access the Rally documentation and follow the steps for adding the Timesheet app.
- From the settings icon of the Timesheet app, selectEdit App Settings.
- Configure the following settings:
- PPM Host Name. In a non-SSO environment, enter theClarityserver URL. In an SSO environment, enter the first part of the URL that takes you to your IdP for authentication.Example:https://<mycompany>.<myidpname>.com
- Port (HTTPS).In a non-SSO environment, enter theClarityserver port number. In an SSO environment, enter the IdP port number
- PPM Host Relative Path (for SSO Only). In a non-SSO environment, you are not required to enter the path. In an SSO environment, enter/pm/integration.html, which is the relative path to the integration URL.
As a team member, you can access your
Claritytimesheet directly from
Rallyafter the integration is configured by your administrators.
Follow these steps:
- Log in toRally.
- Navigate to thePPM Timesheetapp.
- If you are in a non-SSO environment, enter yourClaritylogin credentials and clickLogin. If you are in an SSO environment, you do not need to log in again.The timesheet appears.
- You can create, fill-in, and submit your timesheet.The following image shows a user creating their newClaritytimesheet from insideRally.
After you log in to the
Claritytimesheet page from
Rally, you can only view your timesheet. No other
Claritypages are available.