Using Rally Apps
An app allows for the combination of data from more than one source into a single, integrated page within
Rallyoffers custom apps and managed apps.
Custom apps combine the information you have stored in
This section includes the following topics:
Add an App to a Custom Page
- Create a custom page in one of the menus. Learn more.
- Select theat the top right of the page and selectgearAdd App.
- In the App Catalog window, search or use theSourceorCategoryfilters to locate an app from the App Catalog window and selectAdd.UseShift + Addto keep the catalog open after adding an app.You can display the apps in a list or by tiles using the view results toggle.
You can further customize your page by moving apps, editing app settings, creating custom apps, or using custom queries. You can add or remove apps as your needs change.
Some apps allow you to build custom queries that filter work items based on entries in various fields. Learn more.
Move an App on a Page
Select the top bar of the app and drag the app into one of the columns. You can drag the app above or below any app that is currently in the column you are moving it to.
View an App in Full Screen
You can view apps in full screen.
Some features may not work properly when viewing an app in full screen.
- To view an app in full screen, select full screen in the top bar of the app.
Edit App Settings
Each app has its own settings menu where you can adjust the settings of the app. The options present in the settings menu will vary based on the app.
- Select theat the top of the app and selectgearSettings.
Remove an App from a Page
You can remove an app from a page.
- Select thein the top bar of the app and selectgearDelete App.
- SelectDeleteto confirm.
Adjust App Height
To increase or decrease the vertical size of an app, select and drag the gripper icon at the bottom of of the pane:
Some apps, such as boards and custom apps, can automatically adjust the vertical space to display all visible data.
- If a gripper icon is not present at the bottom of an app, the vertical size cannot be adjusted.
- Manually adjusting the vertical size by dragging with the gripper icon will clear the Auto Height setting, if applicable.
- The Auto Height setting can only be enabled when there is only one app in a dashboard or custom page column. Moving an app underneath one with the Auto Height setting enabled will clear the option.
- Apps that support the Auto Height setting will have it enabled when the app is installed only if there are no other apps in the column.
- To print the full contents of an app through the right-click menu, disable the Auto Height setting first.
- Select thein the top bar of the app and selectgearSettings.
- In the app settings menu, select theAuto Heightcheck box.
Rallyapp catalog also contains customizable apps. You can install these apps to manipulate
Rallydata, use your own custom code, or access external web resources.
The Custom URL or Custom HTML apps must be enabled by a system administrator. Learn more.
- TheCustom HTMLapp
- TheCustom Listapp
- Allows you to sort and filterRallydata in a list-based format.The Query field in the app settings menu provides you with the ability to filter the data with SQL-style queries through theRallyWeb Services API.
- TheCustom URLapp
- Allows you to view external web resources or websites within a custom page.
Apps Not Available for Rally On-Premises
The following apps are not available to
- Cycle Time Chart (Community)
- Cycle Time Data (Community)
- Milestone Burnup
- Milestone Cumulative Flow
- Portfolio Item Burnup
- Portfolio Item Cumulative Flow
- Portfolio Item Scope Change Chart (Community)
- Project Cumulative Flow
- PSI Feature Burnup (Community)
- Release & Iteration Burndown
- Super Customizable CFD (Community)