Step 1 - Manage Users
This article contains the following topics:
This article contains the following topics:
To define the user in CA EEM, use one of the following methods:
- If CA EEM uses an external directory:The administrator of the external directory must define the user in the external directory. For more information, see the documentation for the external directory. An example of an external directory is Microsoft Active Directory.
- If CA EEM uses its own repository:CA EEM automatically creates a new Global user in the USM/users folder when you add a new CA Service Catalog user. The Create EEM User action on the User Create event rule sets this behavior. Optionally perform one of the following tasks:
- Disable the action that creates the CA EEM user automatically.
Administrators create and maintain users to let them access CA Service Catalog. As an administrator, you typically add a user when a new employee starts working in your organization.
Follow these steps
- SelectAdministration,Usersfrom the main menu.
- Enter the data for the new user on the Add a New User page, and click OK.
You typically edit a user when an existing employee changes roles or titles or transfers to a new department. You can only edit users who have a role in the business units within the scope of your role.
notchange the user ID of a user. Do
notreuse deleted user IDs, because all deleted users are maintained as
inactivein the user database.
Review the Effects of Deleting a User before you delete a user.
Set the Format of Automatically Created Passwords
You can configure CA EEM to use its own repository. By default, the password is the same as the user ID. You can optionally change the format of the passwords that CA EEM creates automatically.
Follow these steps:
- Select Administration, Tools, Events.
- Disable the Create EEM User rule. Create a rule to use in its place, for the User Create event.
- Disable the associated rule action that is named Create New EEM User or Modify EEM User. Create an action to use in its place.
- Open your replacement action and locate the Java class field, which appears similar to the following text.com.ca.usm.ruleEngine.action.CreateEiamUserAction,passwordTemplate=valueThe passwordTemplate parameter specifies the text to be used as the initial password. The password is set to the user ID that is created when the passwordTemplate parameter is empty.
- Set this parameter to a specific text value or to an available event variable.For example, to set the password to the user ID followed by the lettera, specify the following text:com.ca.usm.ruleEngine.action.CreateEiamUserAction,passwordTemplate=$user_id$a
Add a New User Page
You complete several fields when you add a new user in your organization. The following fields require explanation:
If CA EEM is configured to use an external directory, data is auto-populated from the external directory data, if applicable.
- User IDSpecifies the ID by which CA Service Catalog identifies the user.The User ID value must be unique.
- ManagerSpecifies the manager for the user being creating.For system approval process, the manager must approve requests that the user submits. For other approval process, the manager can be a required approver, depending on how you configure the approval process.
- Request Auto-Delegation: DelegateSpecifies the user to whom your requests pending action are delegated automatically when you auto-delegate your own requests pending action. Administrators can also auto-delegate the requests pending action of other users.When you clear this field in your own user profile, your requests pending action stop being auto-delegated. The requests remain in your queue. When you clear this field in the profile of another user, the requests pending action of that user stop being auto-delegated. The requests remain in the queue of that user.Clearing this fielddoes not affectrequests pending actions that were already delegated to previously assigned delegates. Therefore, after clearing this field, instruct the former delegates to handle requests pending action promptly. Alternatively, as an administrator, you can also handle them yourself or transfer them to other users.
- Delegate Use of Catalog: DelegatesSpecifies the users to whom you delegate the use of your catalog. These users can create and submit requests from your catalog on your behalf. In addition, administrators can delegate the catalog of one user to another user.This field is valid only if you or another administrator has enabled delegation of catalogs for your business unit.When you clear this field in your user profile, your catalog is no longer delegated. Your former delegates can no longer create and submit requests on your behalf from your catalog. When you clear this field of another user, the catalog of that user is no longer delegated. The former delegates of that user can no longer create and submit requests on behalf of that user from the catalog of that user.
- User LocationSpecifies the location details for the user.All CA products using the same MDB share the location. Therefore, use caution when modifying the location.
- Select Business UnitSpecifies the business unit of the new user.The default is the business unit that you are currently logged in to.Only a Service Delivery Administrator or Super Business Unit administrator can change the business unit of the new user. Otherwise, youcancreate the user butcannotchange the business unit of the user.Users can belong to multiple business units. However, a user can have only one role and one authorization level in each business unit.
- (Optional) Select Authorization LevelSpecifies the authorization level of the new user. This setting appliesonlyif you use system approval as the approval process.
Effects of Deleting a User
Deleting a user affects its account, including its subscriptions and requests, as follows:
- AccountThe account remains open when you delete the user, because future transactions can exist for an account. As an administrator, you can optionally close the account or leave it open.
- SubscriptionsThe status of subscriptions for the deleted user change to the default cancellation status (Pending Cancellation or Cancel).
- RequestsThe status of requested service options for the deleted user change as follows:Original StatusNew StatusNot SubmittedNone: Request is deletedSubmitted. An Approval status, Fulfillment Status, Pending Resource Assignment or Resource AssignedCancelledCompletedDefault Cancellation Status (Pending Cancellation or Cancel) if Accounting Component is installedCancelled if Accounting Component is not installedPending Cancellation or CancelledSame as Original Status