Install CA Service Desk Manager 14.1.02 Patch on AIX
Ensure that you have verified and completed CA SDM installation prerequisites before proceeding with patch installation. Perform the following to install CA SDM patch on AIX:
On Non-Windows,reapplying the CA Service Management 14.1.02 for CA SDM and USS is not allowed. To reapply, first uninstall the patch and reinstall. For more information on how to uninstall the patch, see Uninstall CA Service Management 14.1.02.
Ensure that you have verified and completed CA SDM installation prerequisites before proceeding with patch installation.Perform the following to install CA SDM patch on AIX:
If you are installing the patch on CA SDM 14.1 or 14.1.01, consider the following based on your server configuration:
- Advanced Availability:Log on to the standby server, which you plan to promote as the new background server and complete the installation steps mentioned in this article to install the patch. In case of application and standby servers, run the patch installer and repeat the installation steps on all application and standby server/servers in your environment.
- Conventional:Log on to the primary server and complete the installation steps mentioned in this article to install the patch. In case of secondary servers, run the patch installer and repeat the installation steps on secondary server/servers in your environment.
- Untar theRO86295.tar.Zfile by executing the following command:
- Untar the CASM_14.1.02_CommonPatchInstaller_Aix.tar.gz by executing the following command:
- Set CA SDM bin and LIB environment variables.For example:export PATH=/opt/CA/ServiceDeskManager/bin:$PATHexport LIBPATH=/opt/CA/ServiceDeskManager/lib:$LIBPATH
- Run setup file to install CA Service Management 14.1.02 using the following command:./setup.sh
- Review and accept the license agreement terms.
- In Database Configuration, select Oracle as the database type. Ensure that you have installed Oracle database client in your system.Note: In case of CA SDM, the installer detects and identifies if there is a primary or standby server (Conventional or Advanced Availability) and displays the MDB database screen.Provide the following Oracle configuration details:
- Database Server: Specifies the host name of Oracle database server.If the target instance is part of a clustered instance, the virtual host name of the cluster must be used.
- Oracle Service Name:
- Listener Port:
- Net Service Name:If database is remote, use the Net Service Name that is defined in Oracle client on the local computer. CA SDM accesses the database through a local installation of the Oracle client.
- DBA User Name:SYS.
- DBA User Password:
- mdbadmin Password:
- Confirm mdbadmin Password:
- Tablespace Path (on DB Server):
- Oracle Home Path:
- Data Tablespace Name:MDB_DATA.
- Index Tablespace Name:MDB_INDEX.
- On the product selection page, the patch installer identifies the CA Service Management products installed in the system. Verify and clickNext.
- Review the Patch Information Summary page and clickNext.
- Review Installation progress. ClickInstallto install the selected product/products on your local system.
- Review installation task review progress bar. Once it reaches 100%, clickNext.
- Review the patch Installation summary screen for the following:
- For log information, copy the log folder path to a browser.
- Copy the URL link to review the post-Installation tasks.
- ClickFinishto exit the installer.After completing the patch installation on CA SDM Primary server, consider the following:
If patch installation fails, retry the installation by using the Retry option in the wizard where it fails. If retry does not work, exit the installer and relaunch it. If problem persists, contact CA Support.For more information on how to complete the post-install tasks, see Post-Install Tasks.
- Advanced Availability:Log on to the application or standby server and repeat step1to step14to install the patch on application server/servers and standby server/servers in your environment.
- Conventional:Log on to the secondary server and complete installation step1to step14to install the patch on secondary server/servers in your environment.