Step 2 - Plan your CA Service Management Installation
Before proceeding with installation, ensure that you have reviewed the following installation planning considerations and completed the prerequisite checks for the products.
Before proceeding with
CA Service Managementinstallation, ensure that you have reviewed the following installation planning considerations and completed the prerequisite checks for the products.
CA Asset Portfolio Management App Server uses the reserved port 9080 and CA Service Catalog uses the reserved port 7777. Reserved ports are set internally and are not configurable during
CA Service Managementproducts installation. You must not configure any other services on these reserved ports.
When any form is modified, the customer changes are overwritten and has to be recreated. There is a process in the upgrade that attempts to detect and identify the differences in the forms, and reports it to the customer for their investigation. However, it is highly recommended to document your customization BEFORE you perform any upgrade. In some cases, a new feature may be similar to the user customization, so the user changes must be removed.
CA Process Automation Installation in an HTTPS Environment
Before the installation or upgrade, if your CA Process Automation instance is SSL enabled (configured withhttps), ensure that you add a CA Process Automation SSL certificate to the Java Runtime Environment (JRE)keystore. Without this certificate, JRE, under which the installer is running, does not connect to the CA Process Automation SSL URL and the following SSL validation errors may appear during the installation:
2014/11/11 19.04.39.728 DEBUG [AWT-EventQueue-0] [PAMWebserviceManager] Get ITPAM version2014/11/11 19.04.39.752 ERROR [AWT-EventQueue-0] [PAMValidator] CA PAM validation failedcom.ca.smsi.installcore.webservices.WebserviceException: ; nested exception is: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested targetat com.ca.smsi.installcore.webservices.PAMWebserviceManager.getITPAMVersion(PAMWebserviceManager.java:265)
Complete the following steps to add a CA Process Automation SSL certificate to the JREkeystore:
- Download the SSL Certificate by accessing the CA Process Automation URL.
- Copy this certificate file to some location. For example, c:\ItpamCert.cer
- Extract the CA SDM DVD to a local drive. For example, C:\CASMDVD14\< >
- Import the CA Process Automation SSL Certificate to a keystore file using the following command:c:\CASMDVD14\java\jre\bin\keytool -importcert -file c:\ItpamCert.cer -alias somealias -keystore c:/keystore_file -storepass somepass\
- To enter the keystore and password values to the JRE, open the C:\CASMDVD14\setup.lax file in Wordpad or a similar text editor.To avoid any formatting issues, it is recommended NOT to use Notepad.
- Identify the "lax.nl.java.option.additional" property.
- Append the reference to the JAVA keystore and keystorepass entries as follows:-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=c:/keystore_file -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=somepassAfter the modification, the line would look like:lax.nl.java.option.additional=-Djava.library.path=".\\java\\bin ("); -DGET_SD_PRESETS=true -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=c:/keystore_file -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=somepass
- Save the file and restart the setup by executing C:\CASMDVD14\setup.exe command
CA Asset Portfolio Management Installation Planning
Review and consider the prerequisites and installation planning consideration before proceeding with CA Asset Portfolio Management (CA APM) installation. For more information, see Plan your CA APM Installation.
CA Service Catalog Installation Planning
Review and consider the prerequisites and installation planning consideration before proceeding with CA Service Catalog installation. For more information, see plan your CA Service Catalog installation.
CA Service Desk Manager Installation Planning
Review and consider the prerequisites and installation planning consideration before proceeding with CA Service Desk Manager installation. For more information, see Step 1- Plan your CA SDM Installation.
CA Service Managementfrom the non-root user on Unix or Linux, you must have the permissions to execute the sudo command.
Follow these steps:
- Export the appropriate oracle variables and library paths.
- Go to theCA Service Managementinstaller DVD, then execute the below command:sudo -E PATH=$PATH ./setup.sh