Step 2 - Install CA Service Catalog
Use the Installer to install either only the CA Service Catalog product or Integrate CA Service Catalog with Unified Self-Service. Integration with CA Unified Self-Service lets you open a request and monitor the progress of this request.
CA Service ManagementInstaller to install either only the CA Service Catalog product or Integrate CA Service Catalog with Unified Self-Service. Integration with CA Unified Self-Service lets you open a request and monitor the progress of this request.
To connect to MS SQL database while installing the Unified Self-Service console, use the MS SQL server authentication method. Windows authentication is not supported.
Follow these steps:
- Ensure that you complete the following steps by running theCA Service ManagementInstaller:
- Select a language andfrom theCA Service ManagementSelect the required installerscreen
- Accept the license agreement.
- Enter the database information correctly.
- SelectCA Service Catalogfrom theSelect the Products and Integrationsscreen. If you want to integrate Unified Self-Service with CA Service Catalog, keep the check box for Unified Self-Service selected.
- Review theInstallation Prerequisitesreport and taken corrective measures, if required, to proceed with the installation.
- Specify the services you want to configure at the time of installation in theCA Service Catalog Configuration Detailsscreen.
- Enter theCA Embedded Entitlements Manager (CA EEM)Details.
- (Optional). Enter the CA Process Automation information in theCA Process Automation Detailsscreen, if you intend to integrate CA Service Catalog with CA Process Automation.
- (Optional). Enter the CA Business Intelligence information in theCA Business Intelligence Detailsscreen to integrate CA Business Intelligence with CA Service Catalog.
- Review thePre-Installation Configuration Summaryand verify that all the server and port information is correct.
- Review theInstallation progressinformation and clickInstallto install CA Service Catalog.
- Review the log files stdout.txt and stderr.txt in the C:\ directory, if the installation failed. Fix the errors and clickRetry Install.
- Review the Installation Guidance Report summary to ensure that the installation was successful.
After the installation is complete, verify the CA Service Catalog installation by logging into the following URL as a Catalog administrator to view the CA Service Catalog User Interface:
You have successfully installed CA Service Catalog.