CA Service Management Release 14.1.01 Enhancements
The following new features and enhancements are only available if you apply the patch for Release 14.1.01. Find the patch and the download details from CA Support Online.
CA Service ManagementRelease 14.1.01 Enhancements
The following new features and enhancements are only available if you apply the patch for
CA Service ManagementRelease 14.1.01. Find the patch and the download details from CA Support Online.
CA Service Desk Manager Enhancements
Call Service Desk from Mobile
CA SDM mobile application users can use the Call Service Desk feature to contact the
CA Service Managementservice desk or help desk. Administrators must configure or customize the service desk number using the Options Manager. To enable the options, see Call Service Desk options. For more information about calling service desk, see Call Service Desk from your Mobile Device topic.
Show To and Cc List Recipients in the Email Notification
You can now view all the recipients of an email notification. For manual email notification, both To and Cc list recipients are displayed and for automatic email notification, only To list recipients are displayed. For this feature to be enabled, install the
mail_show_to_cc_listoption from Options Manager. If you do not install this option, you can only add recipients in the To list
.For more information, see the Create a Manual Notification topic.
Pager email notification method does not support the listing of all the recipients in To or CC list.
Add Attachments and URLs to a Manual Notification
Attach a local document or URL to a manual notification that is being sent to an end user. For example, the attachment can contain steps to resolve an incident. For audit purposes, the document being sent as part of the manual notification should also be attached to the parent ticket. The attachment associated with the manual notification will be delivered as an email attachment in the inbox of the recipient. Ensure that the attachment adheres to the email server configuration of the sender and the receiver. For example, size of the file, extension of the file, and so on. If the attachment does not meet these requirements, the manual notification email may get rejected.
For this feature to be enabled, install the
mail_allow_attmntsoption from Options Manager. For more information about the considerations and how to attach the document or URL, see the Create a Manual Notification topic.
Attach Classic Workflow to Each Ticket Type Area
You can attach a classic workflow with each of the request, problem, incident areas. This feature also enables you to attach Request/ Incident/ Problem workflow tasks to events, macros, and notifications as the object type. The procedure to attach the workflow remains the same as attaching it to issue and change order categories. Find more information, see Attach a Classic Workflow on Define a Category or Area page.
Attach CA Process Automation Workflow to Each Ticket Type Area
You can attach a CA Process Automation workflow with each of the request, problem, incident areas. Find more information, see Attach a CA Process Automation Workflow on Define a Category or Area page.
For the same ticket area you can attach a Classic workflow or a CA Process Automation workflow for each ticket object (Request/Incident/Problem). For example, for the same area, you can attach a Classic workflow to a request and CA Process Automation workflow to a problem or incident.
Add Attachments to a Configuration Item
Attachment tab support is available for Configuration Item (CI). This feature enables you to attach documents and URLs to a CI. Notifications are sent to the users when an attachment is attached or removed from the CI. For more information, see Attachments.
CA Service Catalog Enhancements
This feature enables user to search for a specific form in Forms Designer page. Form Display name or Folder name can be used to search the form. The search mechanism provides auto suggestion as the user types search terms in the form search text box. The search functionality is case-insensitive and the search results are displayed in hierarchical manner. For more information, see Search Forms.
Associationstab in the Form Designer UI provides the list of service offerings and service option groups that are associated with the selected form. It provides the ability to view where a particular form is used in the current Business Unit and also the capability to assess the impact of modifying or deleting a form. This functionality is also available in the Form Chooser UI when attaching a form to a Service Option. For more information, see Create and Maintain Forms.
Configuration options for displaying or hiding SOG and Form display names
To hide or display the Service Option Group name, a check-box
Hide SOG nameis now provided in the details tab of the offering. This option is enabled only when an offering has a single Service Option Group. In case of multiple service option groups in offering, this option is disabled or greyed out by default. Checking or unchecking this option will not alter the offering preview. An option called
Display Form nameis provided in the Form Chooser UI when attaching a form to a Service Option to show or hide the form name. This option is dependent on System Configuration settings. If the administrator has disabled the form name display option at the System Configuration level, the form name is not displayed, even if the
Display Form nameoption is checked. For more information, see Display or hide the Service Option Group Name and Fields for Form Elements
New and Flat Icons
The Out of the Box (OOTB) Catalog content,
CA Service ManagementContent Pack &
CA Service ManagementAdministration content pack is enhanced to include new and flat icons in the service offering definitions. The patch will re-import the OOTB content implicitly as part of the patch install, however
CA Service ManagementContent Pack &
CA Service ManagementAdministration content pack will be imported based on the Administrator choice while installing the patch.
CA Service Catalog now provides the capability to send email notification to end users and approvers when a note and/or attachment is added or modified for a request or an issue. The capability is provided based on a set of newly added Event-Rule-Actions which can be enabled or disabled as required. For more information, see Add Notes and Attachments. The following are the Event-Rule-Actions:
This event type occurs when a note is created for a CA Service Catalog request. Rules associated with this event type are as follows:
- When a note is added to a CA Service Catalog request: When a note is added to a CA Service Catalog request, email notifications are sent.
- When notes are added to a CA Service Catalog request: When a note is added to a CA Service Catalog request, it is also synchronized with the corresponding CA Service Desk Manager ticket.
- When a CA Service Desk note is synchronized to a CA Service Catalog request: When CA Service Desk Manager (CA SDM) note is synchronized to CA Service Catalog request, email notifications are sent.
These event types occur when a Note is changed or modified for a request. The following rules are associated with this event type:
- When note with attachment(s) is edited in a CA Service Catalog request: When a note with attachment(s) is edited in CA Service Catalog request, E-Mail notifications are sent.
- When note without attachment(s) is edited in a CA Service Catalog request: When a note without attachment(s) is edited in CA Service Catalog request, E-Mail notifications are sent.
The Notes Create and Notes Change Events have the following parameters:
The request ID of the corresponding note.
Description of the note.
Value will be true in the following cases:
This event type occurs when an attachment is created for a request. Rules associated with this event type are as follows:
- When attachment is added to CA Service Catalog request: When an attachment is added to a CA Service Catalog request, it is added as a link to the corresponding CA Service Desk Manager ticket.
- When attachment is added to a CA Service Catalog request: When an attachment is added to a CA Service Catalog request, email notification is sent.
- When note and attachment(s) are added to a CA Service Catalog request: When note (s) and attachment(s) are added to a CA Service Catalog request from Widgets, email notifications are sent.
- When a CA Service Desk Manager attachment is synchronized to a CA Service Catalog request: When a CA Service Desk Manager attachment is synchronized to CA Service Catalog request, email notifications are sent.
This event type occurs when an attachment is changed for a CA Service Catalog request. Following rule is associated with this event type:
- When attachment associated with a CA Service Catalog request is edited: When an attachment associated with a CA Service Catalog request is edited, email notifications are sent.
The Attachment Create and Attachment Change events have the following event parameters:
The request ID of the corresponding attachment.
Value will be true in the following cases:
If a comment in Widgets has 1 note and 5 attachments, for the first four attachments (n-1=4), the value will be true.
Specifies the URL(s) of the uploaded attachment(s).
Request Details Link for Email Notifications
By default, value for this parameter is not configured. This parameter can be configured in the following format if CA Service Catalog is configured with USS:
If Unified Self-Service (USS) URL is configured for Request Details Link for E-Mail Notifications, clicking on the request details hyperlinks in the email notification will take to the Unified Self-Service login page instead of CA Service Catalog login page. If this parameter is not configured, clicking on the hyperlinks in email notification with request details takes to the CA Service Catalog Login page.
Edit Completed Requests
A new configuration item Edit Completed requests is added in the
Request Configuration UI. For more information, see Request Management Configuration Parameters. The following values are applicable for this configuration item:
- True – Completed requests can be edited.
- False - Completed requests cannot be edited.
Edit Cancelled Requests
A new configuration item Edit Cancelled requests is added in the
Request Configuration UI. For more information, see Request Management Configuration Parameters.
- True – Cancelled requests can be edited.
- False - Cancelled requests cannot be edited.
Include in Email Notification
When you set the
Include in Email Notification element attributeto true/false in the CA Service Catalog UI, the following is reflected in UI and email notifications:
Include in Email Notification
Form component is not displayed anywhere.
Form component is not displayed anywhere.
Form Component and value is displayed in the Form Designer and the Request Form while raising a request, and also in the email notification.
Form component appears in the Request Form UI and the Form Designer UI, but the component value is not displayed in Email Notifications.
Locale Support for Request Email Action
A new option to choose the locale or language of an Email is added to the standard out of the box Event-Rule-Action set for Request Email. It allows the Request Email Action to choose the language for sending request emails. This capability offers great flexibility as it overcomes the limitation of sending request emails in just one locale. CA Service Catalog Administrators can select the language for sending the Request Email.
- Parameter Name: Choose Email Language
- Type of UI Control: Select Box (Drop down list)
- Options: All supported languages with a special option of Browser Language.Browser Language option for email language ensures that the Request Email is sent in the browser language at the time the request is submitted. For example, if a Request Email action is configured with Email language set to Browser Language, the Request Email sent for request submission from a browser supporting French language will be in French.
- Brazilian Portuguese
- Browser Language
How to Specify the Email Subject in a Localized Form
Browser Languageoption is chosen as the Email Language, it is apparent that the same Request Email action sends out Email notification in any of the supported locales based on requester’s browser language. This option is very useful in a multi-lingual environment with globally distributed CA Service Catalog users. Since, the same Request Email Action is used to send emails in any of the supported locale, the subject and message of an Email must be given in the locales that you require.
Both the Subject and Message fields accept the following format:
<Language code1> :< Language specific subject1>|! <Language code2> :< Language specific subject2>….
|!Is the separator that separates subject line of two different languages.
Standard Language Codes
An example of Subject Line in Multiple Languages to be used with Browser Language option for Request Email
icusen:Approval needed for one or more items in the request ($request_id$) for user ($req_for_user_id$)|!icnlnl:Goedkeuring nodig voor ÉÉn of meer punten in het verzoek ($request_id$) voor de gebruiker ($req_for_user_id$)|!icbrpt:Aprovação necessária para um ou mais itens no pedido ($request_id$) para o utilizador ($req_for_user_id$)|!icdkda:Godkendelse nødvendig for et eller flere emner i anmodningen ($request_id$) for brugeren ($req_for_user_id$)|!icdede:Zulassung für ein oder mehrere Objekte in der Anfrage ($request_id$) für Benutzer benötigt ($req_for_user_id$)|!iceses:Aprobación necesaria para uno o más elementos de la solicitud ($request_id$) para los usuarios ($req_for_user_id$)|!icfifi:Hyväksyntä tarvitaan yksi tai useampia kohteitapyynnöstä ($request_id$) käyttäjälle ($req_for_user_id$)|!icfrfr:Approbation nÉcessaire pour un ou plusieurs ÉlÉments de la demande ($request_id$) pour l'utilisateur ($req_for_user_id$)|!icitit:Approvazione necessaria per uno o più elementi nella richiesta ($request_id$) per gli utilizzatori ($req_for_user_id$)
The same format is applicable for the Message field as well.
You must use the multi-lingual Subject and Message field only if you use the Browser Language as the Email Language. If you are not using the Browser Language option, you are not required to provide the multi-lingual subject and message.
This feature is complementary with Forms that are localized as the Forms included in the Request Email will also appear in the language of choice.
How to flip over all existing Request Email Actions to send Emails in a language other than English after installing the patch
In order to facilitate an easy flip over to send Request Emails in a language other than English with minimal work, an administrative option is added and included in
Mail Server. The new property is Default Request Email Language. The default value of this property is English. By changing this option to some other language, all existing Request Email actions will send out mail in the newly chosen language. This also serves as the default language when you add a new ‘Request Email’ action.
This feature is not available when you are using the web service method of
Request Pending Action Change
In cases, where there are multiple approvers and when pending approval actions are assigned, the ‘Request Pending Action Change’ event sends notifications as many number of times as per the number of approvers. In order, to identify the sequence of such event occurrences for email notification, a new parameter is added: Request Pending Action Change.
- Parameter Name:sequence_id
- Values: Starts with 0 and increments by 1 for every subsequent event that is part of the same Request for which a Pending Action Change has occurred.
- Application: This parameter could be used to control action execution based on first occurrence of this event. For e.g. A rule condition that is written by using the following condition would fire only once in spite of the number of approvers on a requestsequence_id=0.
Addition of New objectSOE to Form Designer Standard Objects Set
This object has been added as there was a requirement to access the Service Option ID to which the form has been attached to. The new object is soe which is available exclusive to Form designer object set. This object has three properties:
- soe.item_id: Specifies the Rate item id of the service option name field
- soe.item_text: Specifies the Service option name
- soe.service_option_id: Specifies the service_option_id of this service option
These new properties could be used to build some useful regular expresssions. For example, to show a form field if the Form is attached to a Service option whose name is New Hire Onboarding:
Hidden = $(_.soe.item_text!=’ New Hire Onboarding’)
Pagination Feature to Approval List of Policy Designer
Pagination Feature is added to the assignees Lookup table in the CA Service Catalog Policy Designer Page. It works on the filtered set of approvers (User, Group, and Manager).
New Certifications Included with the Patch
For operating systems, hardware, and software supported by CA Service Catalog 14.1.01 patch, see the certification matrix available at https://wiki.ca.com/display/CASM1401/Supportability+Matrix. For more information, search the CA Service Catalog knowledge base available on http://ca.com/support.
Fixes Specific to the CA Service Catalog 14.1.01 Patch
The following contains the list of fixes that are specific to the CA Service Catalog 14.1.01 patch updates:
- The CA Service Catalog UI crashes when there are two users with identical userids, one active and other inactive.
- TheRequested Forfield in the cart is set to default (logged in user) every time a new service offering is added to the cart.
- Built-in event forRequest Transferfires multiple times and sends multiple emails to requester when there are multiple approvers.
- When arequested_foris selected for a user and there are multiple users with the same userid, one active and others inactive, therequested_foris updated to the default user during the request save/submission.
- If a Business Unit (BU) contains some Swedish characters in the ID field, the roles are not populated when the user details are edited for this BU.
- A request can be edited even when it is marked as complete.
- CA Service Catalog search fails as there is an SQL exception at the back end.
- A request can be edited even when it is marked as cancelled.
- When you click the Email button for a request, the request created date is not loaded. This is noticed when there are duplicate spadmin entries, one active and others inactive.
- Folders overlap when there is a huge list of folders and sub folders in the request page.
- Request lookup for a request with 10 Forms and 10 service options takes up to 5 minutes to load.
- Request pending action fires an event each for every approver. An email event written to notify old approver results in multiple emails as that of the number of new approvers.
- LDAP Importer goes into an infinite loop when the user uses TDS (Tivoli directory server) with theRange Retrievaloption turned off.
- Inheritance relationship of service offering breaks when the names are updated.
- In cases, where there are multiple approvers and when pending approval actions are assigned, theRequest Pending Action Changeevent fires as many number of times as the number of approvers. There is a need to identify the sequence of such event occurrences for email notification purposes. In order to facilitate this need, a new parameter has been added to events -Request Pending Action Change.
- Clicking the CMDB/SDM test button fails on Internet Explorer (IE) 10. No such issues are noticed with other web browsers.
- Request Email sent from CA Service Catalog contains content in English (for example, General Information, Requested Services, Form Content, and so on.)
- A new object called SOE is made available in the forms designer for expressionevaluation. soe. It contains the following properties:
- item_id = rate item id of 'service option' name field soe.
- item_text = Service option name soe.
- service_option_id = service_option_id of this service option.
- Copying a service option in the SOG definition throws an error if the form rate item definition uses regular expression to control visibility of the form, and if the expression contains the Exclamation (!)mark in it.For example:$(_.service.code != 'noservice')
- The Email Approval Error Notification Process fails in kicking the Error Notification Process. The Error Notification Process fails triggering the POSTAlert web service method.
- Approve and Reject links in Request Email that are generated from OOTB does not work in SSO as the user is prompted to login again.
- After removing an image from a service offering, white space is seen.
- After selecting the Perform Action for a request in which the logged in user is not assigned the pending action, the whole form becomes read only (grayed out) even if the override action is selected.
- On Internet Explorer (IE) 8, clicking theOkbutton does not save a report to a specific folder in the Set Folder of the Report Builder.
- TheCreate Inherited Copybutton does not copy Option in the same language
- There is no synchronization between widgets. Status widget does not update the open requests and cart numbers correctly on other widgets.
- Pagination feature to the approval list (of users and groups) in the policy designer page is introduced.
- For service options associated to an offering that is defined asOne-Click Submitwhen the correspondent FORM is loaded, it does not hold the value of ca_fd.formId (returning undefined value). As a result, it is not able to execute the onLoad script of the form which depends onca_fd.formIdvalue in order to pre-populate form values.Two new parameters are added to this function:ca_fdFetchSelectData(FormID,DualListID,Validate,KeepExisting)
- ValidateThe Validate parameter is a boolean value to validate the ToList of dualList on fetching new data into the component.
- KeepExistingThe KeepExisting parameter is a boolean value to retain the values of ToList on fetching new data into the component.For example: ca_fdFetchSelectData('form1','dlist','false','true');For details, refer to Test fix: T52W073These two parameter values are optional. If the user is not using these values, the component works as per design.
- An image may be shown as the Service option name. Due to this, the HTML tags are displayed in the Service Option name in widgets.For more information, refer to Test fix: T52W084
- If any regular expression is given in the pattern attribute of the field, the field is treated as a mandatory field even when it is not mandatory.
- Cross-Site scripting (XSS) vulnerability is noticed with the resetpassword UI node.
- The table data is not populating in the read-only mode when the table mode is set to data instead of selection.
- Policy conditions with external_id (for example,$(anySoWith(‘external_id’, eq,’111’))) are not satisfied. This results in the corresponding policy notable to assign the respective action as desired.
- The request is approved after the first or second Overdue notification email is sent. This is noticed even when the status is successfully moved to Pending Fulfillment, and the final Overdue notification as well as theNot Submitted – Rejectedemail is sent.
- When iterating multiple items within the cart, CA Service Catalog makes the same number of calls to the EEM API method. Results are not cached, and unnecessary calls to the EEM API are made which may impact the performance.
- ThegetUserweb service method does not return the group details of the user.
- When the logIn() web service is called simultaneously by multiple threads, similar message may randomly get logged in the view.log caused by:com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'XPKusm_webservice_sessions'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.usm_webservice_sessions'. and the logIn method will not complete successfully.
- If the Local EEM Group with multi-domain users is made the Approver, the members do not receive email notifications.
- The Domain column of usm_request table is not updated correctly.
- Generating invoice breaks the existing requests by creating several new columns in the request details page.
- If a form contains a field that holds data of size more than 65536 bytes, the Policy based pending action assignment breaks.
- If the Service Options are selected in a quick succession, forms of few service options are not loaded.
- Opening the Service Desk Ticket link from CA Service Catalog may take time to load and open.
- Permissions assigned to a folder or service offering based on multi-domain LDAP group is not honored.
- The change order details page prompts for Authentication.
- Archived Process Status shows up as unknown in Catalog Request Tracking Tab.
- When a Service Offering is exported using the XUTIL, the resultant XML file may not contain few rate items.
- If you select a row on the first page when theMaximum rowsattributes of a table is set to 1, selecting a row on the second page throws an error instead of deselecting first selection.
- Dual list options that have long labels are truncated and appended with'...'. As of now, we do not expose a horizontal scroll bar or allow for mouse over of the options to display the full label as the mouse over is controlled by theTool Tipattribute of the dual list.
- When a select field has multiple options with the same value, the request will always show the first option with the selected value after added to the cart.
- Report data object throws a browser error when you try to edit it.
- In a cart page, additional offerings are shown if the description contains span elements with id value.
- List drop-down details are editable
- TheSubmitbutton may stop working and show a hang status in the Unified Self-Service Interface. For more information, seeTest fix: T5ES150posted on http://ca.com/support.
CA IT Asset Manager Enhancements
Search List Items
If you have a larger number if items in your list, you need not navigate across all items to find the item you want. As a CA APM user, you now have the ability to filter your list items. The search criteria depends on the properties of the list.
For more information, see Manage List Items.
Export List Item Search Results
As an Administrator, for a user-defined search, you can now view the user who created the search and when the search was last performed. This information helps you delete user-defined searches if they are not in use for long time.
List Management Access
As an Administrator, you can now define who accesses List Management. You can also determine the list items that different roles can access.
Import List Items
In List Management, you can now export the list of items that you searched for to a CSV file.
Change Cost Details of Specific Assets Using the Lookup
In the Add Asset Cost utility, you can now change cost details of specific assets using the lookup.
CA APM and CA SAM Data Synchronization Changes
CA SAM Import Driver in CA APM 14.1.01 is aligned with the latest change in CA SAM database schema related to operating system values for devices in CA SAM versions 3.6.5 and later.
If CA APM is integrated with CA SAM in your solution deployment, consider the following:
- To install/upgrade to CA SAM 3.6.5 or later, you must install/upgrade to CA APM 14.1.01 or later to be fully compatible with CA SAM.
- For older versions of CA APM (14.1 or older), you must not upgrade CA SAM to version 3.6.5 or later.