Installing CA Asset Portfolio Management
CA Service Management installer performs prerequisite checks and mandatory validations before installing CA Asset Portfolio Management. Ensure that you have reviewed the and Pre-Installation Considerations topics before proceeding with the installation.
Follow these procedures:
Install CA Asset Portfolio Management
CA Asset Portfolio Management App Server uses the reserved port 9080 and CA Service Catalog uses the reserved port 7777. Reserved ports are set internally and are not configurable during CA Service Management installation. Do not configure any other services on these reserved ports.
Follow these steps:
- Download the following DVDs for CA APM 17.1 as per your Environment requirement from CA Support:
- DVD500000000001030- CA APM 17.1 for Windows (with Catalog)
- DVD500000000001053 -CA APM 17.1 for Windows (Without Catalog)
- Copy and extract the installation files on all servers in your environment where you plan to install CA SDM.
- Right-clickSetup.exeand launch the CA Service Management Installer.
- Select a language of your choice.ClickNext.
- SelectCA Service Management.ClickNext.
- SelectMicrosoft SQL ServerorOracleas the database type in the Database Configuration screen:For Windows Microsoft SQL Server database,mdbadminis the default user.Verify that you are providing a valid tablespace path if you have an Oracle database. The database installation fails if this path is invalid. The following path is an example of a valid Oracle tablespace path: C:\app\Administrator\oradata\Oracle_Service_Name.
- If you have installed theMicrosoft SQL Serverdatabase, complete the following information:Field NameDescriptionDatabase ServerEnter the host name of the database server.If the target instance is part of a clustered instance, the virtual host name of the cluster must be used.Database NameEnter the Database name (mdb), the name of the target DBMS. The default value is mdb.Database PortProvide the port identifier for the target DBMS.Database Server InstanceThe database instance name. Leave this field blank if you are using the default instance.Database Admin UserFor Microsoft SQL Server,sais the default value. Thesauser is the admin user with permission to create a user and schema.Database Admin PasswordEnter the database password of the user specified by database admin user. There is no default value for this parameter.mdbadmin PasswordEnter the password for the user specified for the MDB admin user.Confirm mdbadmin PasswordConfirm the password.
- If you have installed theOracledatabase, complete the following information:Field NameDescriptionDatabase ServerEnter host name of the Oracle database server.If the target instance is part of a clustered instance, the virtual host name of the cluster must be used.Oracle Service NameEnter the Oracle Service name.Listener PortEnter the listener port for the database.Net Service NameProvide the Net Service Name of the Oracle database where the database resides.If the database is remote, use the Net Service name that is defined within the Oracle client on the local computer. CA SDM uses a local installation of the Oracle client to specify a Net Service name that is different from the service name on the Oracle server.DBA User NameProvide the name of an Oracle user with DBA access. The default value for DBA user isSYS.DBA User PasswordEnter the password for the DBA user.mdbadmin PasswordEnter the password for MDB admin.Confirm mdbadmin PasswordConfirm the password.Tablespace Path (on DB Server)Provide the tablespace path on the database server.Oracle Home PathProvide the Oracle client 32-bit path.Data Tablespace NameProvide the name of the data tablespace. The default value isMDB_DATA.Index Tablespace Name:Provide the index Tablespace Name: The default value isMDB_INDEX.ClickNext.
- does not support the un-installation of the CA Asset Portfolio Management. Uninstalling the CA APM does not uninstall the MDB, as there is no rollback mechanism for the same. For more information, see CA Asset Portfolio Manager Considerations.SelectCA Asset Portfolio Management.
- Provide the CA Asset Portfolio Management Server Details:
- Select the Configure Common Components to integrate CA Asset Portfolio Management with CA EEM, CA Process Automation, or CA Business Intelligence.
- Review the Installation Progress Screen. ClickInstallto begin installation.
- After the installation is complete, clickFinish.
Start the CA APM Services
After the installation is complete, start all services. Perform the following steps:
- Navigate toStart,Settings,Control Panel.
- Locate and start each of the following services:
- Apache Tomcat 7.0 Application Management Suite (AMS) Service
- CA Asset Portfolio Management - Data Importer Engine
- CA Asset Portfolio Management - Event Service
- CA Asset Portfolio Management - Export Service
- CA Asset Portfolio Management - Registration Service
- CA Asset Portfolio Management - HW Reconciliation Engine
- CA Asset Portfolio Management - LDAP Import Service
- CA CASMFor performance reasons, it is recommend that you do not start the CA CASM service when you are not using multi-tenancy.
- CA iTechnology iGateway 4.6
Start the Web Interface for CA APM
After installing CA APM, start the web interface to verify that CA APM is ready to use. Provide the login credentials and web interface URL to users. As an Administrator you can configure security, user interface, set up hardware, and, if necessary, configure the product components.
Install IIS and ASP.NET on the system where you plan to install CA APM. Ensure that you register ASP.NET with IIS, before you start the web interface. Perform the following steps:
- Depending on your Windows server, complete one of the following steps:
- Open the Server Manager.
- From the Manage menu, selectAdd Roles and Features.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and select the installation type and the destination server.
- In the Select server roles pane, underRoles, expandApplication Server, and select the appropriate ASP.NET version.ClickNext.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the installation.ASP.NET is now registered with IIS.
- Start the web interface using one of the following methods:
- Open a supported Web browser and enter the appropriate URL in the following format:
- Replace server name and port with the name of the server and the port that are hosting the CA APM web servers.
- A Start menu shortcut is created on your web server that references the URL location. ClickStart,Programs,CA,Asset Portfolio Management.
- To log in to CA APM, enter the default credentials:
- User Nameuapmadmin
- Passworduapmadmin: If you changed the password during the installation, use the password that you created.A browser error or a user name error can appear in certain cases. You can resolve these errors by following the troubleshooting instructions given in the error message.
Verify the CA APM Installation
After you have completed all installation procedures, you can verify that CA APM was installed successfully. Perform the following steps:
- Log in to the servers where you installed CA APM.
- ClickStart,Control Panel,Programs.
- Verify that the following component is available on all applicable servers:CA Asset Portfolio ManagementYou have completed the installation verification.If you backed up the Storage folder contents before installing, restore the contents now. Use the Storage folder contents that you copied and paste them into the following location:[ITAM Root Path]/Storage/If you receive a prompt about folders that already exist, merge the folders.After installing126.96.36.199on the application user interface.The env.info file for CA APM 17.1 in the CA APM installed folder includes the following information:
Other Products Installed with CA APM
The following products are installed when you install CA APM:
- Common Asset Viewer
- CORA 188.8.131.52
- Common Administration for Service Management (CASM)
- Migration Toolkit