Working with Special Handling Types
This article contains the following topics:
This article contains the following topics:
You can define special handling types that identify contacts who require special attention. You can use the special handling types that CA Service Desk Manager provides or create your own types. You can view and locate tickets that specify an affected end user who requires special attention. For example, analysts can browse the V.I.P. folder on the Scoreboard to identify tickets that specify a VIP as the affected end user.
The following examples are contacts that special handling types can identify:
- Very Important Persons (VIPs) such as executives
- Customers with support renewal in process
- Customers with disabilities requiring special handling or equipment
- Contacts suspected of misusing or abusing system resources
When one or more special handling types are assigned to a contact, tickets that specify the contact in the Affected End User field show an alert banner, icon, or both. You can use ticket fields and special handling types to track tickets, and distinguish between two related but possibly distinct contact types. For example, a VIP (Affected End User) has an assistant (Requestor) acting on their behalf. When the Affected End User is a contact assigned to a VIP special handling type, an analyst can prioritize tickets more accurately.
How to Configure Special Handling Contacts
To configure special handling contacts, do the following steps:
- Associate a contact to any number of special handling types. Similarly, a special handling type can have many contacts.A contact that is associated with one or more Special Handling types is visually distinguished in the Contact Detail form and the Quick Profile browser using a banner at the top of each page. This banner displays the alert icon and alert text for each Special Handling type that is assigned to the contact.Additionally, any tickets that identify the contact as the Affected End User are indicated as follows:
- Alert Icons and Alert text appear in a banner at the top of the ticket detail form.
- Alert Icons appear in the ticket list.
- The Scoreboard includes a V.I.P. folder and subfolders for each ticket type. The V.I.P. subfolders include tickets for affected end users who are VIP special handling contacts.The V.I.P. Scoreboard folder displays for analyst roles.: When you launch the Knowledge Document search form via Quick Profile browser, the configured Federated Search checkboxes are not displayed. As a result, users are unable to perform federated searches on Knowledge Search forms displayed via the Quick Profile browser.
Associate a Contact to a Special Handling Type
You can assign a special handling type to a contact to alert analysts about tickets that affect end users with special requirements, such as for a visually impaired person or a contact that poses a security risk.
To associate a contact to a special handling type, perform the following:
Follow these steps:
- On the Contact Detail page, select the Special Handling tab.The Associated Special Handling List tab lists special handling types that are associated with the contact.
- Click the Update Contact's Special Handlings button.The Search filter appears.
- Search for the special handling type that you want to associate to the contact.The Special Handlings Update page appears.
- Select one or more handling types from the left column and use the move button (>>) to move the types to the right column. Click OK.You can remove an association from a contact by using the move button (<<) to move the type from the right column to the left column. You can click the search icon to search for the value you want.The contact is associated to a handling type.CA SDM displays the following depending on the handling type, when a ticket specifies the contact in the Affected End-User field:
- An alert banner appears on the Contact Detail for the affected end user on a ticket.
- Alert text appears as a banner at the top of the ticket detail page and in the Quick Profile.
- Ticket lists highlight the contact row and show an alert flag.
- A V.I.P. folder appears in the Scoreboard for analyst roles. The folder contains all tickets that are associated with contacts (Affected End Users) that have a VIP special handling type.