Install CA Service Management 184.108.40.206 (Linux)
In CA SDM Advanced Availability mode, the xFlow Interface can only be installed on an Application Server. If you have converted CA SDM conventional to advanced availability configuration, and you have a previously installed version of xFlow Interface, ensure that you uninstall the xFlow Interface and reinstall the xFlow Interface on an Application server.
CA Service Management220.127.116.11 installer performs prerequisite checks and mandatory validations before installing the patch.
Perform the following steps to install
CA Service Management18.104.22.168 on Linux:
- DownloadSO13222.tarfile from Broadcom Support.
- Run the following command to untar theSO13222.tarfile:$ tar -xvf SO13222.tar
- Run the following command to untarCASM_22.214.171.124_CommonPatchInstaller_Linux.tar.gz:tar -xvzf CASM_126.96.36.199_CommonPatchInstaller_Linux.tar.gzWe recommend that you place the installer in a shorter directory path to avoid errors when running the setup file. For example, unzip the file at:<root>\ServiceDesk\188.8.131.52<installer_file>
- Set CA SDM bin and library environment variables.For example:export PATH=/opt/CA/ServiceDeskManager/bin:$PATH export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/CA/ServiceDeskManager/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
- In SDM conventional configuration, stop CA SDM services in your environment. In the case of Advance Availability, stop CA SDM services only on the server on which CA SDM will be installed.
- Run the setup file to installxFlow Interfaceusing the following command:./setup.sh
- Review and accept the license agreement terms.
- In Database Configuration, selectOracleas the database type. Ensure that you have installed Oracle database client in your system.Provide the following Oracle database configuration details:
- Database Server: Enter the host name of Oracle database server.If the target instance is part of a clustered instance, the virtual host name of the cluster must be used.
- Oracle Service Name:
- Listener Port: Enter the listener port for the database.
- Net Service Name: Enter the Net Service Name of Oracle database where the database resides.If the database is remote, use the Net Service Name that is defined in the Oracle client on the local computer. CA SDM has access to the database through a local installation of the Oracle client.
- DBA User Name:SYS.
- DBA User Password:
- mdbadmin Password:
- Confirm mdbadmin Password:
- Tablespace Path (on DB Server):
- Oracle Home Path:
- Data Tablespace Name:MDB_DATA.
- Index Tablespace Name:MDB_INDEX.
- OnSelect the Products and Integrationspage, patch list is displayed. Select the required patch to install.
- CA Service Desk Manager
- CA Service Desk Manager Patch
- xFlow InterfacePatch
- Review the Pre-Installation Summary page. ClickNext.
- ClickInstallto proceed with the installation. Review the Installation progress and when the installation is complete, clickNext.
- To review the installation logs, navigate to the path shown in the installation summary screen.
- ClickFinishto exit the installer.If patch installation fails for a product, retry the installation by using theRetryoption in the wizard where it fails. If retry does not work, exit the installer and relaunch it. If the problem persists, contact CA Support.
- After installing thexFlow Interface, you must start theCAservice. Navigate to /opt/CA/xFlow/Apps and run the following command from Command Prompt window:xFlow Interface./xFlowServer startIf you want to stop the server, run the following command:./xFlowServer Stop.sh
- Navigate to /opt/CA/SC/SearchServer/elasticsearch-2.1.1/bin and run the following command from Command Prompt window:./ServicesStart.shIf you want to stop the server, run the following command:/ServicesStop.sh