Install CA Service Management 188.8.131.52 (Windows)
CA Service Management184.108.40.206 installer performs prerequisite checks and mandatory validations before installing the patch.
In CA Service Desk Manager - Availability mode, the xFlow Interface can only be installed on an Application Server. If you have converted CA SDM conventional to advanced availability configuration, and you have a previously installed version of xFlow Interface, ensure that you uninstall the xFlow Interface and reinstall the xFlow Interface on an Application server.
Perform the following steps to install
CA Service Management220.127.116.11 on
- CopySO13221.CAZon all servers in your environment.
- Create a folder and place theSO13221.CAZfile andcazipxp.exeutility in the same folder.
- Open the Command Prompt and change the directory to where both the files reside. Extract or unzip theSO13221.CAZfile by executing the following command:cazipxp -u SO13221.CAZEnsure that you type the patch number accurately, such that the number zero "0" and the letter "O" are properly differentiated where applicable. If you accidentally enter a zero for the letter O or vice versa, the cazipxp utility will not recognize the patch number and will fail to execute.
- In SDM conventional configuration, stop CA SDM services in your environment. In the case of Advance Availability configuration, stop CA SDM services only on the server on which CA SDM will be installed.
- Log in to the server as a local admin to install the patch.
- Navigate toCASM_18.104.22.168folder. Right-clickSetup.exeand selectrun as administrator.
- Review and Accept the License Agreement Information.
- SelectMicrosoft SQL ServerorOracleas the database type in the Database Configuration screen.For Windows Microsoft SQL Server database,mdbadminis the default user.
- Provide the database details:
- If you have selectedMicrosoft SQL Server, provide the following field information:
- Database Server: Enter the hostname of the database server.If the target instance is part of a clustered instance, the virtual hostname of the cluster must be used.
- Database Name: Enter the Database name (MDB), the name of the target DBMS. The default value is mdb.
- Database Port: Provide the port identifier for the target DBMS.
- Database Server Instance: The database instance name. Leave this field blank if you are using the default instance.
- Database Admin User: For Microsoft SQL Server,sais the default value.Thesauser is the admin user with permission to create a user and schema.
- Database Admin Password: Enter the database password of the user specified by a database admin user. No default value is assigned to this parameter.
- mdbadmin Password: Enter the password for the user specified for the MDB admin user.
- Confirm mdbadmin Password: Confirm the password.
- If you have selectedOracledatabase, provide the following field information:
- Database Server: Enter the host name of the Oracle database server.
- Oracle Service Name: Enter the Oracle Service name.
- Listener Port: Enter the listener port for the database.
- Net Service Name: Enter the Net Service Name of Oracle database where the database resides.If the database is remote, use the Net Service Name that is defined in the Oracle client on the local computer. CA SDM has access to the database through a local installation of the Oracle client.
- DBA User Name: Provide the name of an Oracle user with DBA access. The default value for DBA user isSYS.
- DBA User Password: Enter the password for the DBA user.
- mdbadmin Password: Enter the password for MDB admin.
- Confirm mdbadmin Password: Confirm the password.
- Tablespace Path (on DB Server): Provide the tablespace path on the database server.
- Oracle Home Path: Provide the Oracle client 32-bit path.
- Data Tablespace Name: Provide the name of the data tablespace. The default value is MDB_DATA.
- Index Tablespace Name: Provide the index Tablespace Name: The default value is MDB_INDEX.
- OnSelect the Products and Integrationspage, patch list is displayed. Select the required patch to install.CA Service Management does not support the un-installation of the CA Asset Portfolio Management patch. Uninstalling the CA APM patch does not uninstall the MDB patch, as there is no rollback mechanism for the same. For more information, see Installation Prerequisites for CA Asset Portfolio Manager.
- CAService Desk Manager
- CA Service Desk Manager Patch
- xFlow InterfacePatch
- CA Service Catalog
- CA Service Catalog Patch
- CA Asset Portfolio Management
- CA Asset Portfolio Management Patch
- Review the Pre-Installation Configuration page. ClickNext.Select the option to perform the automated post install steps. If this option is not selected, you must manually perform the post-install steps.
- ClickInstallto proceed with the installation. Review the Installation progress and when the installation is complete, clickNext.
- To review the installation logs, navigate to the path shown in the installation summary screen.
- ClickFinishto exit the installer
- After installing thexFlow Interface, start theCAservice from Windows Services (xFlow InterfaceControl Panel, Administrative Tools, Services) as this service is not started by default.
- After installing the search server, if thexFlow InterfaceSearch ServerControl Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.