Configure Service Point
Service Point provides self-service capabilities with embedded assistive intelligence for business-users. Service Point uses Natural Language Processing (NLP) that provides business users with context-based solutions and suggestions.
Business users can perform the following actions using Service Point:
- Access knowledge
- Create, view, and modify tickets
- Contextually collaborate on tickets using live chat
- View allocated resources
- Manage ticket notifications
With a business-centric focus, Service Point helps an organization achieve the following:
- Broad adoption of services
- Context-based solutions
- Improved productivity
- Reduced costs
- Improved collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Elevated perception of IT organization
This article explains how to configure and manage Service Point from the CA SDM administrator interface. Perform the following steps to set up Service Point for the first time:
- Define Permissions to set Service Point as the default app for a particular access type.
- Define the User Context to display the most relevant information to the user in Service Point.
- Define the Default Categories that appear on the Service Point.
- Manage Ticket Attributes to be displayed while viewing a ticket.
- Manage Features to customize the related features.
- Set Up My Resources to list all the assets assigned to the user, along with asset information.
- Manage CA Service Catalog Featured Offerings to appear on Service Point, after integrating CA Service Desk Manager and CA Service Catalog.
- Manage Smart Search to optimize the search relevance.
- (Optional) Enable the Guest Login