Manage CA Service Catalog Featured Offerings
After integrating CA Service Desk Manager and CA Service Catalog, you can administer the CA Service Catalog featured offerings and requests to appear on Service Point. The CA Service Catalog offerings are tenant specific.
You can now manage CA Service Catalog featured offerings and requests in Service Point. CA Service Catalog offerings are tenant specific.
It is recommended to avoid using page size attribute for the Select component in CA Service Catalog Form designer, when the same form needs to be rendered in Service Point.
Ensure that you have taken into consideration the mapping between Business Unit(s) and Tenants in your environment. Common tenant administration or multi-tenant administration allows administrators to use a single administration tool to simultaneously create and maintain business units (tenants) for multiple products, including CA Service Catalog and CA Service Desk Manager.
Perform the following steps:
- Log in to CA SDM as an administrator.
- Navigate toAdministration, selectxFlow Interface,Service Point, andConfigurations.
- Select a configuration from the configuration list, and clickEdit.
- From theCatalogdrop-down list, selectYESto show orNOto disable/enable the catalog featured offerings and requests in Service Point.
CA Service Catalog Clustered Environment Considerations
If CA Service Catalog is clustered in your environment, and you want to use the load balancer to communicate to a Catalog instance in Service Point.
Service Point depends on CA SDM Options Manager (
Administration, CA Service Catalog, casc_endpoint) for displaying Catalog Featured Offerings in Service Point. But in case, CA Service Catalog is clustered and you want Service Point to point to any other Catalog server or load balancer, you can override this option using the CA SDM
Follow these steps:
- Login to CA SDM as an administrator.
- Navigate toAdministration, selectxFlow Interface,General.
- Search for the Configuration Keycasc_endpoint.This configuration key is set to Inactive state by default.
- Select the configuration key, and clickEdit.
- Modify the configuration Value and point to the Catalog Cluster URL and set toActivestate.
After configuring Service Point, if you encounter some issues, for example, if you are not able to search for Catalog Featured Offerings in Service Point and other such issues, see Troubleshooting Service Point.