- Determine the specific page or part of a page that you want to modify.
- Locate the file whose name matches the element you want to change. For example:
- To modify the configuration information of any of the integrated products, locate the toolsconfig.xsl file.
- To modify the states of request life cycle, locate the requestshared.xml file.
- To modify the messages that appear when a user tests the connection for a new administration configuration setting, locate the toolsconfig.js and toolsconfig.xsl files.
- To modify the edit button of the Administration, Configuration page, locate the modify.gif and toolsconfig.xsl files.
- Modify the request status list by editing the requeststatus.xml file.
- Open the file, review its contents, and verify that it controls the element or behavior that you want to change.
- Copy the file from its original location to the custom location. Use the table as a reference.
- Modify the file according to your requirements.
<script src="FileStore/custom/explorer/scripts/custom_form_example.js"></script>This action is required because the XSL file references the filestore location for the modified script files.If you are using multiple Catalog Component computers, verify that the filestore is shared amongallof them.
- Copy the modified images to the \FileStore\custom\images folder.
- Clear the USM_HOME\view\translets folder on all Catalog Component computers: Delete all files in this folder, but donotdelete the folder itself.
- Restart all Catalog Component computers.
- Verify that the changes are working in CA Service Catalog as you intended.
In the following table, the parent folder is USM_HOME/view/webapps/usm. The filestore folder is %USM_HOME/filestore. The folder entries, such as /explorer and /custom/explorer, are subfolders under the parent and filestore folders.
Original Location in Parent Folder
Custom Location in Filestore Folder
*The folder name
icusenapplies to English-language implementations only. If you are using a non-English implementation, your locale-specific folder name is different. In such cases, use your locale-specific folder name instead of