Installing CA Service Desk Manager
The installer performs prerequisite checks and mandatory validations before installing CA Service Desk Manager. Ensure that you have reviewed the and Pre-Installation Considerations topics before proceeding with the installation.
Before you install CA Service Desk Manager 17.3 on Oracle Database, ensure that the Oracle PATH environment variable refers to 32-bit oracle client first, and then, to 64-bit Oracle client. To change the sequence, navigate to Environment Variables, System Variables, Path, Edit.
CA Service Managementinstaller performs prerequisite checks and mandatory validations before installing CA Service Desk Manager. Ensure that you have reviewed the Pre-Installation Considerations before proceeding with the installation.
Download and install microsoft patch KB2999226 before proceeding with CA Service Desk Manager installation on Windows Server 2012 R2.
If you are upgrading from CA SDM 14.1 and later version of CA SDM:
- Stop the Search service,xFlow InterfaceService from WindowsControl Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.
- Back up the system database (MDB). The system database (MDB) backup is mandatory and ensures safe data recovery if any problems are encountered during the installation process.
In Advanced Availability mode, the
xFlow Interfacecan only be installed on an Application Server. If you have converted CA SDM conventional to advanced availability configuration, and you have a previously installed version of
xFlow Interface, ensure that you uninstall the
xFlow Interfaceand reinstall the
xFlow Interfaceon an Application server.
If in a case of a Conventional configuration if the Primary and Secondary servers are on separate nodes, and the
xFlow Interfaceis deployed on the Secondary server, it is observed that a Database Client is needed on the Secondary Server for the installation to complete successfully.
Whenever you restart the CA Service Desk Manager Services due to environment/other requirements, ensure that you restart the xFlow Analyst Interface Services too.
Follow these steps:
- Download the CA Service Desk Manager 17.3 installer DVD from Broadcom Support.
- - CA SDM 17.3 for Windows (with Catalog)DVD0000000002102
- - CA SDM 17.3 for Windows (without Catalog)DVD0000000002104
- - CA SDM 17.3 for LinuxDVD0000000002103
- The installer installs the following products in your environment:
- Server Installation
- xFlow Interface
- Search Server
- Datamart ( Aggregate Data for JasperReports Server)
- Mount or extract the files from the installation media on the server.
- Based on the operating system you are using, do the following:
- Navigate to the folder where you have copied the installation files andright-click on theSetup.exefile and selectrun as administrator.You must be logged in to the server as a local admin to install CA SDM.
- Ensure that you have exported Oracle variables on the server where you want to install CA SDM.
- Navigate to the root directory of the installation media and start the installation by running the following command:./setup.shTo installCA Service Managementfrom thenon-rootuser on Unix or Linux, you must have the permissions to execute the sudo command.To installCA Service Managementfrom thenon-rootuser on Unix or Linux, you must have the permissions to execute the sudo command.Follow these steps:
- Export the appropriate oracle variables and library paths.
- Navigate to where you have downloaded theCA Service Managementinstaller DVD and execute the below command:sudo -E PATH=$PATH ./setup.sh
- Select the language and clickNext.
- SelectCA Service Management
- Review and Accept the License Agreement Information and clickNext.
- SelectMicrosoft SQL ServerorOracleas the database type in the Database Configuration screen.For the Windows Microsoft SQL Server database,mdbadminis the default user.For the Oracle database, verify that you are providing a valid tablespace path. If this path is invalid, the database installation fails. The following path is an example of a valid Oracle tablespace path:C:\app\Administrator\oradata\Oracle_Service_Name.
- Provide the database details:
- If you havea Microsoft SQL Serverdatabase, provide the following field information:
- Database Server: Enter the hostname of the database server.If the target instance is part of a clustered instance, the virtual hostname of the cluster must be used.
- Database Name: Enter the Database name (MDB), the name of the target DBMS. The default value ismdb.
- Database Port: Provide the port identifier for the target DBMS.
- Database Server Instance: The database instance name. Leave this field blank if you are using the default instance.
- Database Admin User: For Microsoft SQL Server,sais the default value.Thesauser is the admin user with permission to create a user and schema.
- Database Admin Password: Enter the database password of the user specified by a database admin user. No default value is assigned to this parameter.
- mdbadmin Password: Enter the password for the user specified for the MDB admin user.
- Confirm mdbadmin Password: Confirm the password.
- If you have theOracledatabase, provide the following field information:
- Database Server: Enter the host name of the Oracle database server.
- Oracle Service Name: Enter the Oracle Service name.
- Listener Port: Enter the listener port for the database.
- Net Service Name: Enter the Net Service Name of Oracle database where the database resides.If the database is remote, use the Net Service Name that is defined in the Oracle client on the local computer. CA SDM has access to the database through a local installation of the Oracle client.
- DBA User Name: Provide the name of an Oracle user with DBA access. The default value for DBA user isSYS.
- DBA User Password: Enter the password for the DBA user.
- mdbadmin Password: Enter the password for MDB admin.
- Confirm mdbadmin Password: Confirm the password.
- Tablespace Path (on DB Server): Provide the tablespace path on the database server.
- Oracle Home Path:
- Provide the Oracle Client 64-bit path.After successful installation, CA Service Desk Manager 17.3 will use Oracle Client 64-bit architecture.
- Oracle client 32-bit path for fresh installation.
- Data Tablespace Name: Provide the name of the data tablespace. The default value is MDB_DATA.
- Index Tablespace Name: Provide the index Tablespace Name: The default value is MDB_INDEX.
- SelectCA Service Desk Managerfrom Select the Products and Integrations screen. Select the following product options as per your environment and integration requirement:
- Server Installation
- CAxFlow InterfaceThexFlow Interfaceprovides analysts the ability to understand the IT environment, prioritize work and make decisions.Data driven intelligence improves the productivity of the analyst and enables them to understand the workload for the day and the list of activities to be completed.The CAxFlow Interfaceserver is deployed only if you have installed CA Service Desk Manager in your environment.Forconventional configuration, it is recommended that you install thexFlow Interfaceserver on a secondary server.Advanced Availabilityusers can only install thexFlow Interfaceserver on an application server.
- Search ServerSearch Server facilitates CA SDM Analysts to search from thexFlow Interfacefor users, tickets (including incidents and requests), configuration items (CIs), and knowledge base articles.
- Search Server can be deployed as a standalone setup in your environment. Search server currently supports the following server:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 (64-bit)
- Red Hat Linux 6 (64-bit)
- If you install Search Server after installing thexFlow Interface, you must restart thexFlow Interfaceservices again to perform searches in thexFlow Interface. The restart is needed because a table -usp_es_serversneeds to have the CA Search Server information populated in it before the Search functionality can be used. Without this table, the Search functionality will not work as the initial data load into the Search server does not recognize the table contents and will quit the process.
- DatamartThe Datamart server stores the data that is required by the Advanced Reporting engine to render the report data on thexFlow Interface.ClickNext.
- SelectThis is an install or upgrade under a Portfolio License Agreementon Telemetry Service Settings page.
- Enter Site ID:Listed on your agreement and the CA Support portal
- Environment type:Type of Environment Production or Non-Production
- Internal Identifier (optional):A department or cost center- that you use for internal tracking
- Company Domain (optional):Last part of your company email address
- Proxy Server URL (optional):Proxy server details
- Proxy User:Proxy server username
- Proxy Password:Proxy server passwordClickSave & Close.
- Review the Installation Prerequisites page and clickNext.
- TheCA Service Desk Manager Product Configurationscreen shows the server configuration details options as per the server component opted by you instep 7. The installer wizard guides you through the following configuration details screen. As per the selected component by you instep 7, complete the following configuration details screens:
- Advanced Availability Configuration
- Conventional Configuration Details
- Search Server Configuration Details
- xFlow Interface Configuration Details
- Install and Integrate CABI JasperReports Server r6.4.3 and 7.1.1 with CA Service Management.
- Review the Pre-Installation Configuration page. ClickNext.
- SelectYESto automatically execute the CA SDM mandatory post-install steps or selectNO.
- ClickInstall. Review the Installation progress and when the installation is complete, clickNext.
- Review the Post Deployment summary page.
- SelectFinishto exit the installer.If the installation fails for a product, retry the installation by using theRetryoption in the wizard where it fails. If retry does not work, exit the installer and relaunch it. If the problem persists, contact Broadcom Support.
- Complete the Post-Instalation Tasks.
- After installing thexFlow Interface, you must start theCAxFlow InterfaceServerservice as this is not started by default. Perform the following steps to start thexFlow InterfaceServer services:
- WindowsStart theCAxFlow Interfaceservice,Collaboration Server service, andCA Service ManagementSearch Server servicefrom Windows Services (Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services).
- Navigate to/opt/CA/xFlow/Appsand run the below command from command prompt window:./xFlowServer startIf you want to stop the server, run the below command:./xFlowServer Stop.sh
- Navigate to/opt/CA/SC/SearchServer/elasticsearch-2.1.1/binand run the below command from command prompt window:./ServicesStart.shIf you want to stop the server, run the below command:./ServicesStop.sh
After installing the
xFlow Interfaceand Search Server, you can configure the cache size for the
xFlow Interface. For more information about how to configure cache size, see Configure the xFlow Interface Server Services.