CMDB Visualizer Overview
(If you are using Advanced Availability configuration) If the visualizer makes a server request during the application server quiesce period, the following message is displayed:
CA SDM lets you align your IT components (
configuration items, or CIs) with your business services. CMDB defines
relationshipsamong CIs, as when a group of CIs work to provide a business service. CMDB Visualizer lets you see the entire picture of your CI relationships, and provides functions to manage the relationships. Working from a
focus CI, you can use the Visualizer to display up to nine levels of related CIs.
CA uses a provider/dependent model to define relationships among CIs. All CIs that contribute to a business service are
providersto that business service (the
dependent). In much the same way, providers can also be
dependentsthat rely on other CIs. You can use Visualizer to perform the following provider/dependent analyses:
- BrowseDisplays unfiltered view of all CIs.
- Impact AnalysisStarts with a focal CI (provider) and searches for its dependents.
- Root CauseStarts with a business service (dependent) and view all the CIs that are providers to that service.
- Cause and Effect CIsCombines impact analysis and root cause in one search.
- Trace RelationDisplays all possible relationships that are based on levels. If you select only one CI, this filter displays the Browse view.
- Shortest PathDisplays the shortest chain of relationships that are based on levels.
CMDB Visualizer lets you do the following actions:
- Visualize multiple levels of CIs from a configurable graphical view
- Monitor or cancel rendering progress
- Search using flexible criteria
- Filter based on CI families, relationship types, and other attributes
- Display CI relationships
- Trace a relationship between two CIs
- Visualize a dependency chain
- Invoke CMDB directly from Visualizer
- Display CI attributes and properties
- Save graph metadata
- Print the graph layout
- Find a specific CI on a displayed graph
- Create a CI (depending on role)
- Create new CI relationships (depending on role)
- Use the Scratchpad to store key CIs
- Display CI status
- Hide or reveal a CI in the Visualizer layout
- Role-based data security
- Launch external MDR