Install CA Business Service Insights on a Single-Tier Environment
CA Business Service Insightson a Single-Tier Environment
This section describes how to deploy to a single server.
This section describes how to deploy
CA Business Service Insightsto a single server.
Use this scenario to guide you through the process:
Verify the Prerequisites
The following table shows the minimum and recommended hardware requirements for
CA Business Service Insightsservers and the required network connectivity:
Two 2.4-GHz Intel cores or equivalent
Four 2.4-GHz Intel cores or equivalent
4 GB RAM
8 GB RAM
100 Mbps Fast Ethernet connection
1 Gbps Fast Ethernet
The following table shows the minimum and recommended storage requirements for
CA Business Service Insightsservers.
- We recommend a RAID 5 controller or a comparable high-availability/high-throughput disk configuration.
- The database capacity varies based on several parameters such as:
- Number of metrics
- Volume of raw data
- Period that you keep historical data
Server Software Prerequisites
The following sections list the software prerequisites for a server with the role of database, application, and web server. Verify that the server meets all prerequisites.
Supported Operating systems
CA Business Service Insightsis supported in the following operating systems:
Windows Server 2003 Standard or Enterprise edition
Windows Server 2008 Standard or Enterprise edition
32-bit or 64-bit
Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise edition
Windows Server 2012
Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Datacenter
CA Business Service Insightsrequires an account is a member of the local administrator group.
Before installation, verify the following software prerequisites:
- In Microsoft Windows 2008 Server R2, set the Active Server Pages extension to Allow on the web server.
- ASP.NET must be installed.CA Business Service Insightsdoes not support .Net Framework 4.5. For Windows 2012, .Net 4.5 is the default. Update the .Net Framework to 4.5.1 or 4.5.2.
- Web services must be installed and started, which are:
- The Distributed Transaction Coordinator service.
- The World Wide Web Publishing service.
- Install and configure Microsoft Message Queuing (MSMQ). MSMQ uses the following ports:
- TCP: 1801
- RPC: 135, 2101/2112, 2103/2114, 2105/2116
- UDP: 3527, 1801
- Oracle database 22.214.171.124 32-bit version . Standard and Enterprise editions are supported.
- Configure the listener to recognize the instances that you are creating. For more information about how to set up the Oracle network, see Configure Oracle network.
- For Oracle version 11, verify that the _optimizer_group_by_placement parameter is FALSE.
- Oracle OLEDB driver and ODAC 11.2 Release 4 32 bit (ODAC112040Xcopy_32bit).The application works on 32-bit mode. Remember that on 64-bit systems, Oracle database must be installed in 32-bit mode.
- (Optional) RawDataTools requires Microsoft Visual C + + 2010 Runtime Libraries (x86). Download this component from Microsoft.
- This product is IP Version 6.0 tolerant.
- JDK 126.96.36.199 Environment (32-bit) is installed automatically.
- JBoss 7 is installed automatically and includes the following components:
- Content Transfer uses the following ports on the JBoss application server: 1198, 1199, 1200, 1201, 1261,1262, 3628, 3973, 4544, 4545, 4548, 5546, 4557, 8180, 8183, 8193, 19101.
- JBoss Messaging 1.4.5
- JBoss Remoting 2.2.3 SP1
Required Windows Roles and Features
Windows 2008 and Windows 2012 platforms require the following configuration roles and features:
The following Windows roles are required on the server:
- Application Server
- Web Server (IIS)
The following Windows features are required on the Application Server role:
- Application Server Foundation
- .NET Framework (apply patches to bring you to 4.5.1 or 4.5.2)
- Web Server (IIS) Support (IIS 6 compatibility mode required)
- COM+ Network Access
- Windows Process Activation Service Support
- Message Queuing Activation
- HTTP Activation
- Distributed Transactions
- WS-Atomic Transactions
The following Windows features are required on the Web Server (IIS) role:
- All services for "Common HTTP Features" group
- All services for "Application Development" group
- Health and Diagnostics
- HTTP Logging
- Logging Tools
- Request Monitor
- Digest Authentication
- Client Certificate Mapping Authentication
- IIS Client Certificate Mapping Authentication
- URL Authorization
- Request Filtering
- IP and Domain Restrictions
- All services in the Performance group
- All services in the Management Tools group
Windows 2012 requires the following features:
- ASP.NET 4.5
- WCF Services
CA Business Service Insights
To ensure a successful installation, change the regional settings of the server to English. Non-English settings may cause problems after installation.
Use the following process when you install the servers:
- Change the regional settings of your server to English (USA).
- Install and restart the server.
- Revert to your local regional settings.
- Restart the server.
Install the Server
For a single-tier installation, use the typical installation procedure. Open the installation folder, and run Cloud_Insight_Server_8.3.exe from the server directory.
During the installation, relevant dialogs open in the wizard. The following table lists the installation dialogs that appear on a typical installation procedure, and related parameters and values.
Do not use double-byte characters for entries that are marked with a double dagger (‡).
Dropdown list with 8 languages
Click Install to start the installation of prerequisite software. This installation may require a reboot.
Organization Name ‡
Specify the organization name for the end users.
If your organization name contains special characters (for instance, &), add the ^ character before each special character.
Example:For AB&C, sue AB^&C.
Typical or Custom
Select Typical Installation.
The absolute path where the server is installed.
Components to install
Database, Application, Website
Select all of the features.
User Name ‡
Default:The user account that you used for installation.
The user must be a member of the Administrator Local Group.
To create a new user, click New User.
To select a user from a list, click Select User.
Oracle Version ‡
10 or 11
Database Folder Location ‡
Database Service Name ‡
Database Character Set
UTF8 or MSWIN
You can select AL32UTF8 or WE8MSWIN1252 character sets. The AL32UTF8 character set enables you to store non-Western European characters but requires more space.
Type of Synonym
Public or Private
Schema user name
The database user that is used to create the
CA Business Service Insightsdatabase schema.
Note:Oracle does not support the use of certain characters in its naming conventions. For more information about the specific requirements, such as ASCII, and limitations, such as special characters and double-byte characters, see the Oracle documentation.
Location of the third-party CD
Specify the location of
CA Business Service Insightsthird-party CD.
The files must be in a writable drive or directory.
Verify the summary and continue the installation.
Y or N
Confirm that the listed parameters are correct, and continue.
Confirm that the listed
CA Business Service Insightsconfiguration parameters are correct.
Note:For Windows Server 2008 R2 installations, ignore the DocumentLoader and ApplicationConsole error that may occur.
Installation Wizard Complete
When the installation wizard finishes, restart the computer.
Complete the Installation
To complete the installation, perform the following tasks.
Log in as sadmin after installation. The default password is sadmin.
Follow these steps:
- Verify that the services you selected were installed correctly:
By default, ACE is the default calculation engine.For a complete list of services, seeCA Business Service InsightsServices.
- Click Start, Run.
- Type services.msc, and click OK.
- Verify that the services corresponding to the components you selected during the installation were installed properly.
- Log in to theCA Business Service Insightswebsite.
- Verify that the hours offset matches the time zone that you select.
- Verify that the dates for daylight savings match your location.
- (Optional) To support requests that the reverse proxy forwards to the CA website, enter the prefix string as the ProxyPrefix key value in the web.config file in AppSettings section. The prefix string is configured to route the request to the CA website in the proxy configuration.
CA Business Service Insightsis ready for use.
- Verify that the website is routed correctly to the reverse proxy. Verify that the proxy value is spelled correctly and is entered between the two slashes ("/prefix/").For example, if the prefix mapped to the CA website is “ca” update web.config as follows:<appSettings><add key="ProxyPrefix" value="/ca/" /></appSettings>If the ProxyPrefix key does not exist, or if the value is an empty string, the website functions in normal mode.
- Add a header to the proxy configuration. Use the following header key:"X-Forwarded-CA-Oblicore-Proxy"