Add-Ins and Integrations
Learn more about how you can extend the functionality of CA PPM.
To extend product functionality, you can install optional content add-ins (PMO, APM, EVM, NPD, PMBOK, PRINCE2, and SharePoint) and configure integrations with
CA Agile Central, CA SSO, CA Open Workbench, or Microsoft Project. The CA PPM platform offers a comprehensive set of integration options to work with data from multiple sources. As shown in the following image, you have the flexibility to integrate with the right solution for your business.
You can extend the functionality of CA PPM by installing one or more of the available add-ins that are included with the product. Add-ins are included with the product and are ready to be installed. You do not need to download separate add-in installation image files.
The following image describes how a system administrator installs an add-in.
Clarity Project and Portfolio Management (PPM)customers can contact CA Support to install an add-in. CA performs all of the steps for you; however, you can decide which content items to apply to your environment after upgrading an add-in. See the diagram above.
: Additional licensing and fees may apply to procure additional software.
: The Microsoft Project (MSP) and Open Workbench (OWB) documentation appears in the
Project Management. These optional scheduling programs are available to help you work with projects, tasks, and other work items.
Apply the Add-in Content Items (Upgrades Only)
For upgraded add-ins, you apply the add-in content items after the installation. To apply the add-in, review the add-in items in the product, then select and apply the upgrade ready or uninstalled items.
Follow these steps:
- Log in toClarity Project and Portfolio Management (PPM).
- Click Administration, Studio,Content Add-ins.
- Click the name of the newly installed add-in.
- Review the existing configurations carefully before you apply the new or changed content.Previously configured views are not overwritten during the installation. From this page, you can select which new or updated views to apply. Applying a Studio object overwrites the existing view configuration for the object.
- Click the Items tab.By default, the items that are new or modified are preselected. Clear the check box for any that you do not want to apply.
- For all active process instances that display the Upgrade Ready status, cancel and delete the process instances.
- Select the items that are markedUpgrade ReadyorNot Installedthat you want to upgrade to the new version.
- Click Install.A confirmation page displays the list of selected and required dependent items.
- Click Yes to apply the add-in items.
If a user previously personalized an item that is listed on the confirmation page, publish the item to push the update to all users.
End-of-Life (EOL) Announcement for Select CA PPM Add-ins
Originally Published: June 30, 2015
EOL Date: June 30, 2016
- Business Relationship Manager (BRM)
- Catalyst Connector
- Connector for Unicenter Asset Portfolio Manager
- Connector for Unicenter Service Desk and Software Change Manager
- PPM Essentials Accelerator
- Service Connect
In order to focus our development efforts and to help our customer base achieve their strategic business initiatives, we are investing our resources in new technology and software and will be dropping support for select content add-ins. Some of this content was found in the CA Clarity PPM for IT Governance product option; however, that solution has also reached its end-of-life (EOL) milestone.
Add-in content will no longer be enhanced and maintenance and technical support will be discontinued beginning June 30, 2016. After June 30, 2016 in accordance with our EOL policies, CA Technologies will continue to provide self-service support until the expiration of your current contractual support period. The add-ins are content offerings, not product functionality; therefore, when they reach EOL we do not offer functional alternatives. Existing customers may continue to leverage the content, but it will not be available for new customers.
- A new customer installing future releases will not get these add-ins.
- Existing customers upgrading to future releases will not get new versions of the add-ins.
- Existing customers will have whatever version of the content they previously installed before upgrading.
- Future releases will not include new versions of the add-ins.
Customers may continue to use these add-ins in production and non-production environments after their EOL dates. However, after June 30, 2016, CA Technologies will no longer provide any fixes, patches, service packs, updates, upgrades, programmatic changes, new features, or coverage for updated or new operating systems, databases, browsers, or any additional components.
If you have any questions regarding the support schedule or our technical support policies, contact CA PPM Support.
Your success is very important to us, and we look forward to continuing our successful partnership with you.