Legacy Business Objects Reporting
The Business Objects (BO) Universe allows you to create and customize reports without having advanced knowledge of the data model.
Clarity Project and Portfolio Management (PPM)Business Objects (BO) Universe allows you to create and customize reports without having advanced knowledge of the data model.
BO reporting delivers the following capabilities:
- Run any Web Intelligence or Crystal Report fromClarity Project and Portfolio Management (PPM).
- Add parameters to each report and can map them to aClarity Project and Portfolio Management (PPM)report definition.
- Create universe objects that support security forClarity Project and Portfolio Management (PPM).
- View which user ran a report so the appropriate localized data appears.
You can run a query to display information from the Investments, Investment Financials, Resource, and Timesheet universes. Every BO Universe uses the InfoView web interface for front-end reporting. You can use InfoView to generate your own reports using any of the universes as the semantic layer. In addition, you can use the interface to modify an existing report. Each BO Universe connects to the
Clarity Project and Portfolio Management (PPM)database through a connection object.
End of Life Announcement for CA Business Intelligence for CA PPM
The legacy enterprise reporting features are only available for customers of a previous release who are upgrading to 14.2 or 14.3.
CA Technologies works continually to improve its software and service offerings to meet the needs of customers. Over the last couple of years, the trend in the business intelligence marketplace has been to shift away from a focus on specialized report writers to empowering business-driven information consumers who want to perform their own data discovery and self-service analysis. This trend has been validated by many customers who no longer want reporting to be a specialized silo with extended report development queues.
As your innovation partner, we have conducted extensive research on new reporting platforms to meet the needs of our customers and to better align with our roadmap. Based on that research, we have selected Jaspersoft as the new business intelligence platform for
Clarity Project and Portfolio Management (PPM). Jaspersoft provides customers with a significantly more powerful yet simpler reporting experience.
You can read the complete End of Life (EOL) Announcement for CA Business Intelligence on CA Support Online.
Business Objects Universe Attributes
Business Objects Universe includes the following attributes:
- Object: Represents a collection of attributes and operations about a particularClarity Project and Portfolio Management (PPM)functional area.
- Class: Represents a logical grouping of objects within a universe that represent a category of objects or indicates the category of objects.
- Condition: Represents a condition of predefinedWHEREclauses. You can insert a condition into aSELECTstatement.
BO Universes follow
Clarity Project and Portfolio Management (PPM)security. A user must have the proper access rights to specific information to view it in a report.
Launch a Business Objects Universe
Follow these steps:
- Open InfoView Home, and click My Inbox.
- Click New, and then click Web Intelligence Document.
- Click the Universe you want to launch.