Enterprise program management offices and financial managers can use the financial management capabilities to manage long-term forecasts, short-term cost plans and budgets, and interface with legacy ERP systems and financial tools. Financial management capabilities are provided throughout the lifecycle of a project, application, and service.
For example, project requests can be submitted with a high-level budget, or a more detailed cost benefit analysis. As work is executed, actual costs are captured and forecasts are revisited to track performance against the budget. Capitalized expenditures are separated from expenses for appropriate financial reporting and compliance. Chargebacks can map and allocate, and equitable distribution of project costs across business units and departments.
The documentation may not match what you see in the product user interface. This difference can occur because all access to features, menus, pages, buttons, and objects is determined by your access rights. Your organization can also configure the application pages, objects, lookups, partitions, processes, and user interface. Contact your administrator if you are not able to complete any of the steps in the documentation.
Set Up Financial Management
Complete these steps to set up financial management:
Before you set up financial management, see
Access Rights Referenceand verify that each user has the appropriate access rights.
Financial Management Jobs
The following jobs are typically used for financial management:
- Import Financial Actuals
- Post Timesheets
- Rate Matrix Extraction
- Generate Invoices
- Post Incident Financials
- Post Transactions to Financial
- Post to WIP (optional job instead of using the Post to WIP page)
The following jobs are used with chargebacks to generate invoices:
- Update Aggregated Data
- Purge Temporary Aggregated Data
: To learn more about these and other CA PPM jobs, see
Jobs Referencein the Reference section of the English-language edition of the documentation.
Automate Financial Management Tasks
You can create processes to automate certain financial management tasks, such as:
- The approval or rejection of budget plans that are associated with your cost plans.
- The notification of assigned action items to project managers and team members.
Follow these best practices:
- Define your start condition clearly for auto-starting transaction line-related processes. The start condition can accidentally launch several unwanted processes.
- Defining a process to set the partition of a cost plan is not necessary. Cost plans inherit the partition of the investment to which they belong.
Standardize Financial Management Functionality and Business Logic
You can standardize the financial management functionality and business logic by setting up basic rules for financial transaction processing. After you define these rules, you can change them at any time.
Follow these steps:
- ClickAdministration, Finance, Processing.
- Complete the following fields:
- Allow Chargeable OverrideIndicates if resources are allowed to change the chargeable status of a cost code as transactions are entered.
- Use MulticurrencyIndicates if multicurrency is available for the current session. When you enable multicurrency, the product tracks multiple currencies for transactions, chargebacks, and reporting.
- Apply Currency Precision for rate/costIndicates if currency precision is applied to rate or cost. This setting determines whether calculations are made using the extended currency precision, or is rounded to the currency precision, and then calculated.
- Entity Based SecuritySpecifies the type of security that is applied to financial processing.Values:
- None. No security is used.
- Strict. Access is allowed only to the specified financial entity objects and transactions.
- Parent. Access is allowed only to the objects and transactions of the specified financial entity, its parent, and children.
- Hide Financial OBSIndicates if financial OBS types must be hidden in some OBS browse lists. Select this check box to hide the Department and Location OBS types from OBS browse lists.
- Save the changes.