Configure Third-Party Product Integrations
As a administrator, you can configure product integrations. For example, you can configure the product to integrate with third-party systems such as an agile planning system. If you are new to , you can look up any existing integrations that are already defined for your product instance.
Clarity Project and Portfolio Management (PPM)administrator, you can configure product integrations. For example, you can configure the product to integrate with third-party systems such as an agile planning system. If you are new to
Clarity Project and Portfolio Management (PPM), you can look up any existing integrations that are already defined for your product instance.
Use the Integrations page as a one-stop shop to define and maintain all integration information for the product. For example, you can define the following integrations with Rally, an agile project planning system:
- Configure an integration from a singleClarity Project and Portfolio Management (PPM)system to one or more Rally instances or workspaces.
- Create or update integration instances using the REST APIs. You require the following access rights:
- API – Access
- Administration – Application Setup
REST APIsfor more information about the REST APIs.
: Install the Agile add-in before creating an agile system integration such as with Rally. Installing the add-in allows you to save the integration information and populate the default integration values. See
Integrate with Rallyfor more information.
Follow these steps:
- From Administration, select Integrations under General Settings.
- Click New.
- Complete the requested information. The following fields require an explanation:
- AreasDefines the software application or business area of the vendor (for example, Agile).
- VendorDefines the company name with which the product is integrating (for example, Rally).
- SupplierDefines the company name that is implementing the integration (for example, CA Technologies).
- Integration URLDefines the URL for the integration instance (for example, the Rally instance URL).
- Integration API KeyDefines the username and password combination that is used to access and authorize for the remote system. You can use configure this field to use it as a username field for any custom integration.
- Integration InstanceDefines the integration instance to connect to, for example, the Rally workspace ID.
- Click Save.A new tab appears next to General.
- Define the integration information specific to the system with which you are integrating.
- Save your changes.
Create Custom Integrations
We recommend that you apply the following best practices when creating a custom product integration:
- Use the out-of-the-box integration attributes as much as possible.
- Create a subpage on the Integration object for the integration attributes.
- And a display condition to show the subpage only for the specific Integration instance.
: Seefor information about how to add object subpages and create display conditions.
Clarity Project and Portfolio Management (PPM)Studio Object Views
The following image shows a subpage that is created for the
CA Agile Central(formerly Rally) integration:
The following image shows the display condition (Vendor=Rally) that is set up to display the Rally subpage: