CA PPM 15.3 Change Impact and Upgrade
This page highlights significant changes, required actions, and recommended options for customers upgrading from the previous release to CA PPM Release 15.5. Plan your cappm upgrade and determine the options that fit your business needs. Teams can also use this information to plan your new feature adoption and training efforts.
This page highlights significant changes, required actions, and recommended options for customers upgrading from the previous release to CA PPM Release 15.5. Plan your
Clarity PPMupgrade and determine the options that fit your business needs. Teams can also use this information to plan your new feature adoption and training efforts.
Before upgrading from an earlier release, review this page for all subsequent releases. For example, you are upgrading from Release 14.3 to 15.3. Review the changes in releases 14.4, 15.1, 15.2, and 15.3. To switch to the
Change Impact and Upgradepage for each release, click the
Versionsmenu at the top of this page. Documentation for earlier releases is available at https://docops.ca.com/bookshelves/ca-clarity-ppm. Check back often for updated content, especially if you downloaded a PDF or EPUB file. The English edition of this documentation is periodically updated with new information including new examples, explanations, corrections, and patch information.
To prepare for an upgrade to
Clarity PPMRelease 15.3, review the supported upgrade paths, features, enhancements, and required upgrade actions. The following information summarizes how the new changes introduced in this release impact your upgrade experience to
Clarity PPMRelease 15.3.
User Interface Changes for Release 15.3
New User Experience for Projects, Staffing, and Financials
The 15.1 release marked the official debut of the
New User Experience. Release 15.2 introduced new features and enhancements, and this release (15.3) adds even more new features and enhancements.
Upgrade Action: Observe the following requirements and options. The impacts can vary based on your current release:
- If http(s)://<server> is the URL for your existingFor upgrading customers, if you are upgrading from a version that has theNew User Experienceand has PMO Accelerator already installed, theNew User Experienceremains active. If you are upgrading from a version that has theNew User Experiencebut does not have the PMO Accelerator already installed, theNew User Experienceis disabled. A message displays on the system options page indicating that you have to install the PMO Accelerator before activating theNew User Experience. See Install the PMO Accelerator Add-In and PMO Sample Data for details. After installing the accelerator, complete the steps underEnable the New User Experiencein Configure General System Settings.Clarity PPMenvironment, the URL for theNew User Experienceis http(s)://<server>:/pm.
- For upgrading customers, activating theNew User Experiencealso resets all fields in the Default Time Entry Options to their default values. If you currently have any of these fields configured differently than the stock values, revisit this configuration page after activating timesheets for theNew User Experience.
- Administrators can configure Single Sign-On (SSO) for theNew User Experienceby configuring the SSO server. To learn more, see the following documentation:
- Integrate CA PPM with CA Single Sign-On (SSO)in Add-Ins and Integrations
- After the upgrade, provide the appropriate users with the following new access rights:
- TheClassic PPM - Navigateaccess right allows users to navigate back to classicClarity PPMfrom theNew User Experienceusing theClassic PPMoption in the main menu navigation bar along the left edge of the page.
- TheProject Management - Navigateaccess right allows users menu access to the project management pages in theNew User Experience. TheProject - Navigateright is still required for users to do functional operations within the New User Experience, but it does not control the hiding and showing of the menu link in the New User Experience.
- TheProject - Task Management (Instance)access right allows team members to create, edit, delete, and add assignments to tasks. The right is automatically granted if you add the team member to a project in theNew User Experience.
- Users with project edit rights can edit projects in theNew User Experience. Before 15.3, only the project manager could update the project details page. In this release, any user with theProject - Editaccess right for the project can edit the values on the Details page.
- The project Details page has changed. Earlier, the Details pane appeared under Conversations. Now, the project Details tab appears directly on the Projects page.
- A new Financials tab now appears directly under the project using which users will be able to analyze the cost plans and review transactions.
- The project tiles now include links to modules such as conversation, links, tasks, and so on. The team member avatars have been removed from the project tiles.
- On the Resources-to-Investments view on the Staffing page, when you filter the grids by Primary Role, you can see the aggregated allocation of the filtered resources or investments in the telescope calendar.
- The system messages are improved and stay on the screen as long as you have the cursor on them.
- The Resource Management icon in the main navigation menu is renamed to Staffing.
- TheResource Management - Navigateaccess right is renamed toStaffing - Navigate.
New User Experience for Timesheets
Single Sign-On (SSO) is now available for the
New User Experienceincluding timesheets.
The Details tab no longer appears in a timesheet for a task line item. You can still configure these codes and view or modify them directly on the timesheet or on the timesheet details page.
- Charge Code
- Input Type Code
- User Value 1
- User Value 2
The following other timesheet changes appear in this release:
- TheDuplicate Taskbutton is now the inlineCopycommand.
- TheDelete Taskbutton is now the inlineDeletecommand.
- A new⋮Optionsmenu provides more convenient access to these task options.
- TheNotestab appears when clicking the task name or notes indicator.
Advanced Reporting Changes for Release 15.3
Run or Schedule Jaspersoft Reports Directly Inside Classic PPM
You can run, schedule, share, check status, and view Jaspersoft Studio reports inside
Clarity PPM. The Home menu includes the Reports and Jobs menu option. The resulting intuitive two-tab page provides a convenient place for users to schedule reports and jobs. With pre-configured access from administrators, users can now save their own report parameters.
In previous releases, users scheduled reports that were potentially visible to other users in common Jaspersoft folders. This release provides an enhanced, more secure reporting experience. Users can also save their own report parameters without edit permissions for the Jaspersoft report. Users can view only their own scheduled reports or the reports shared by other users.
Upgrade Action:After the upgrade, review the reports and jobs that your organization wants to make available to your users. Configure notification messages to alert users about scheduled and completed reports. Assist users with scheduling and sharing reports. Refresh the data warehouse with recurring jobs. Grant access rights and help them receive notifications. See Run, Schedule, and Share Reports. See also
Access Rightsin the Reference section and the descriptions of each report in the Advanced Reporting section of the English edition of the documentation.
Auto Assign Users in CA PPM Security Groups to Jaspersoft Roles
In previous releases, administrators were required to use Jaspersoft to add each CA PPM user one at a time to each of their corresponding Jaspersoft roles. In this release, you can map the PPM security group ID to the Jaspersoft role name in terms of the users. Mapped group name and role IDs must match.
Upgrade Action:Create or import PPM groups using the XOG with the same ID as the Jaspersoft Role. Assign the users to this group from CA PPM before running the new Synchronize Jaspersoft Roles job.
Be aware of the following constraints:
- The maximum length of the PPM Security Group ID is 80 characters. Group Name cannot exceed 30 characters. The mapping is based on Group ID.
- The maximum length of the Jaspersoft role, previously 100 characters, is reduced to 80 characters to match the maximum length of the PPM Security Group ID.
- All the Jaspersoft roles require the corresponding groups with users in CA PPM. If the group is not present or no users exist in the group, the job removes all the CA PPM users from the corresponding Jaspersoft role. However, users created using Jaspersoft and added to this group will remain “as is”.
- After synchronization, CA PPM group resources overwrite any corresponding Jaspersoft role resources. No updates occur to the Jaspersoft users when the job is running, it only overwrites the users of the Jaspersoft roles as per the corresponding CA PPM group users.
Synchronize Jaspersoft Role Job
A new check box namedoption and run the Synchronize Jaspersoft Roles job. See
Allow Jaspersoft Role Synchronizationis available under System Options. This option is unchecked by default for new installations and customers upgrading to 15.3 and higher. When unchecked, you can manage user assignments to Jaspersoft roles from Jaspersoft, as was typical in earlier releases. To automatically map users in a CA PPM group with Jaspersoft roles, check the
Allow Jaspersoft Role Synchronization
Synchronize Jaspersoft Roleson the Jobs Reference page in the English edition of the documentation.
Upgrade Action: To continue with your existing Jaspersoft role management, no action is required. For new installations and upgrades, if you decide to use this new feature, select the
Allow Jaspersoft Role Synchronization systemoption.
- When you enable the option, the Synchronize Jaspersoft Roles job maps the users of Jaspersoft roles with matching CA PPM group IDs.
- When you disable this option, the Synchronize Jaspersoft Roles job does not map users in the Jaspersoft roles even if they have corresponding CA PPM groups with matching IDs.
Follow these steps:
- Log in toClarity PPM.
- In theAdministrationmenu, clickGeneral Settings, System Options.
- In theAdvanced Reportingsection, selectAllow Jaspersoft Role Synchronization.Synchronization between CA PPM access groups and Jaspersoft roles with matching IDs is enabled.
- Perform the requirements for the Synchronize Jaspersoft Roles job. SeeSynchronize Jaspersoft Roleson the Jobs Reference page in the English edition of the documentation.
- The Synchronize Jaspersoft Roles job maps the users of CA PPM groups with Jaspersoft roles with the matching IDs. This synchronization is one-way and is always governed byClarity PPM.
- All the tenant-level Jaspersoft roles should have the corresponding groups with users in CA PPM. Otherwise, when you run the Synchronize Jaspersoft Roles job, all the users from the Jaspersoft role are removed.
- After synchronization, PPM group resources overwrite corresponding Jaspersoft role resources. This synchronization does not update. Each instance of the job overwrites the PPM resources.
- The job skips any inactive PPM groups. If a group is inactive and you run the Synchronize Jaspersoft Roles job, roles for corresponding users in Jaspersoft do not change.
- When you clear the Allow Jaspersoft Role Synchronization option, the Synchronize Jaspersoft Roles job does not map users in groups to Jaspersoft roles with matching IDs.
To view the Advanced Reporting menu link in the
Clarity PPMinterface, users require the
Advanced Reporting – Navigateaccess right. Previously, by assigning any of the existing Advanced Reporting access right, the
Advanced Reporting – Navigateaccess right was also automatically assigned to the user.
In this release, the assignment of the
Advanced Reporting - Navigateaccess right has been decoupled from the other Advanced Reporting access rights. Users are no longer able to see the Advanced Reporting menu link without the
Advanced Reporting - Navigateaccess right being granted specifically to them. Therefore, new users now see two global access rights under Administration, Organization and Access, Resources. For example, a report creator has the following access rights:
- Advanced Reporting – Report Create
- Advanced Reporting – Navigate
This is different from prior releases where users were assigned only one access right (for example,
Advanced Reporting – Report Create) which also included the navigation right.
Upgrade Action: Existing customers must remove the
Advanced Reporting – Navigateaccess right for all those users who are not required to access the embedded Jaspersoft reporting interface from
Clarity PPM. This is a one-time update.
For new installations, the administrator needs to assign the
Advanced – Reporting – Navigateaccess right separately to a user to show the Advanced Reporting menu link.
Access the Data Warehouse Using OData
SaaS customers can now access the data warehouse using OData. Users can generate their own dashboards and reports using third-party business Intelligence tools such as Microsoft Power BI or Tableau. A new Refresh Data Warehouse OData Model job is also available. Run the job to refresh the OData model in the data warehouse for entities added or removed as part of the Load Data Warehouse job.
BI User IDattribute is available with the Resource object for implementing row-level security in investment and resource data in reports. The new attribute is installed by the PMO Accelerator.
Create and Update Jaspersoft Users Job
In this release, the full sync parameter of the Create and Update Jaspersoft Users job is renamed to Include Inactive and Locked Users. The functionality remains the same.
Purge Report Output Job
This job permanently deletes the report output from the document management system based on the selected parameters.
Integration Changes for Release 15.3
Integration with CA Agile Central (Formerly Rally)
CA PPM integrates with CA Agile Central agile development software. In this release, the integration provides the following enhancements:
- You can access CA PPM timesheets in theNew User ExperiencefromCA Agile Centralin a framed browser window.
- You can log in using single sign-on (SSO). The integration ofClarity PPM,CA Agile Central, and CA Single Sign-On includes SSO support for theNew User Experience.
- You can selectBidirectionalas an integration option for synchronizing tasks in either direction.
- The default time tracking project template that is used for creating time tracking subtasks under a new task is now available in both integration directions.
Integrate CA PPM with CA Agile Centralin the Add-Ins and Integrations section of the English edition of the documentation.
Proxy Server Support: In on-premise configurations of CA PPM, you can connect to
CA Agile Centralusing a proxy server. This release allows you to specify the proxy server, port, and login credentials.
Upgrade Action: After defining the proxy server information, restart the CA PPM app and bg services.
REST APIs for Release 15.3
Clarity PPMREST APIs can only be used by
Clarity PPMengineering. At this time, the REST APIs are not supported for customer or partner use.
Our strategy is to focus on developing robust APIs as we design the
New User Experience. The APIs may change as we make architectural improvements, add capabilities, and optimize performance. We will review our strategy every release and make the APIs publicly available as soon as possible.
Project Attributes Support
The following project attributes are no longer supported by the APIs:
- Page Layout
- Project Category
Administration Changes for Release 15.3
New Health Report Replaces CSA Health Options
You can no longer run a health report from CSA. Instead, use the new health report in the classic Administration menu or use the
Upgrade Action: See Health Report, Job Monitor, Governor Settings, and Data Warehouse Audit Dashboard.
CSA options and the following sample image apply only to on-premise editions of CA PPM.
Access Groups Removed
The following small change impacts only upgrading customers from Release 14.2 to Release 15.3. In 14.2, access right groups included instance-level rights on legacy CABI (Business Objects) reports. In Release 15.3, reports are available as part of the PMO add-in with PMO access groups. Therefore, the
Report Usersgroups have been removed.
Upgrade Action: None. However, verify user access to the necessary reports.
Automatically Lock User Accounts After 90 Days of Inactivity
dmin lockusercommand is available as a job in FedRAMP configurations only. An associated query and portlet are also available only in FedRAMP environments for
Clarity PPMadministrators. As a security measure, FedRAMP PPM SaaS administrators can lock active user accounts that have not successfully logged in during the past 90 days. Administrators can view the locked accounts in the new Locked Users (90 Days Inactivity) portlet.
Upgrade Action: No action is required. This feature is not available in standard
Clarity PPMenvironments. In FedRAMP environments, if you decide to use this optional new feature, add the Locked Users portlet to the page of your choice. See
Portlet Referencein the English edition of the documentation. Contact CA Support to confirm the lock command ran successfully. To unlock valid users, see
Change the Status of a Resourcein Configure User Accounts and Access Rights.
A new Bouncy Castle Cryptography Package for FIPS replaces the RSA B-SAFE FIPS provider from previous releases.
Upgrade Action: None.
In this release, support for TLSv1 protocol has been dropped.
The following TLS cipher suites are supported:
TLS_DHE_DSS_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA, TLS_DHE_DSS_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA, TLS_DHE_DSS_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256, TLS_DHE_DSS_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256, TLS_DHE_DSS_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA, TLS_DHE_DSS_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA256, TLS_DHE_DSS_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384, TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA, TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA, TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256, TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256, TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA, TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA256, TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384, TLS_ECDH_ECDSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA, TLS_ECDH_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA, TLS_ECDH_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256, TLS_ECDH_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256, TLS_ECDH_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA, TLS_ECDH_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA384, TLS_ECDH_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384, TLS_ECDH_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA, TLS_ECDH_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA, TLS_ECDH_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256, TLS_ECDH_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256, TLS_ECDH_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA, TLS_ECDH_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA384, TLS_ECDH_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384, TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA, TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA, TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256, TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256, TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA, TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA384, TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384, TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA, TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA, TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256, TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256, TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA, TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA384, TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384, TLS_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA, TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA, TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256, TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256, TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA, TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA256, TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384
The following older TLS cipher suites are no longer supported:
TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA, TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA, TLS_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA, TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA, TLS_RSA_WITH_DES_CBC_SHA, SSL_RSA_WITH_DES_CBC_SHA, SSL_RSA_FIPS_WITH_DES_CBC_SHA, SSL_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA, SSL_RSA_FIPS_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA, SSL_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA
Upgrade Action: None.
Load Data Warehouse Job Check
When the PPM upgrade runs without a completely successful run of the Load Data Warehouse Job, the final state is not usable forcing a complete rollback of the upgrade. This is very time-consuming to resolve with CA Support. The checkinstall script now checks for the completion of this required job.
The install/upgrade scripts for
Clarity PPM, PMO, and APM also verify that the data warehouse is configured.
Upgrade Action: Run the checkinstall command to verify that the Load Data Warehouse job has run successfully. Resolve any reported error conditions and then run checkinstall again. Do not bypass this step and attempt to start the upgrade directly.
Compatible Database Check
If the upgrade script detects an Oracle 11.2.x or MS SQL Server 2008/2012 database, the upgrade stops.
Upgrade Action: Upgrade your database to a supported release as listed in the Release Notes.
: You might also need to upgrade to a temporary intermediate release before you can upgrade your database. See the following sample scenarios for guidance.
- Upgrade Example 1: You have CA PPM 14.3 on Oracle 11.2.x and want to upgrade to 15.3.Upgrade Action: Upgrade to Oracle 188.8.131.52 before upgrading to PPM 15.3.
- Upgrade Example 2: You have CA PPM 15.2 on Oracle 11.2.x and want to upgrade to 15.3.Upgrade Action: Upgrade to Oracle 184.108.40.206 before upgrading to PPM 15.3.
- Upgrade Example 3: You have CA PPM 13.x or 14.2 on Oracle 11.2.x and want to upgrade to 15.3.Upgrade Action: Upgrade to CA PPM 14.3, 14.4, 15.1, or 15.2. before attempting to update the Oracle database. Oracle 12.x is not supported until 14.3. Upgrade CA PPM to a supported temporary release and then upgrade the database to Oracle 220.127.116.11 before upgrading to PPM 15.3.
- Upgrade Example 4: You have CA PPM 13.x or 14.2 on SQL Server 2008 or 2012 and want to upgrade to 15.3.Upgrade Action: Upgrade to CA PPM 14.3, 14.4, 15.1, or 15.2 before attempting to update the SQL Server database. SQL Server 2014 is not supported until 14.3. Upgrade CA PPM to a supported temporary release and then upgrade the database to SQL Server 2014 or 2016 before upgrading to PPM 15.3.
Backups During Upgrades
When you attempt an upgrade from Release 15.1 or a previous release to this release, the upgrade prompts offer to save database backups for you. One backup is stored at a time for each release-level step. For example, you create a backup of your 14.4 database and then start an upgrade to 15.3. The upgrade attempts to save a backup of your temporary 15.1 database. The upgrade continues, purges that backup, and then attempts to backup your temporary 15.2 database. If you encounter a problem before the final 15.3 upgrade finishes, you have a more recent backup. In previous releases, rollback to an earlier release was in many cases the only option.
Upgrade Action: Before starting the upgrade, to allow backups on Oracle databases only, grant the required Oracle permissions to the database schema user. If you elect to allow the upgrade installer to perform the backups, the approximate disk space on the database server is specified so that you can make an informed decision and necessary arrangements before proceeding. The installer then prompts you for your choice of backup location on the same database server (it must be on the same server).
See Upgrade CA PPM.
: Depending on the size of your database, each step-level backup can potentially take several hours for each release in the upgrade path. We recommend that you attempt the upgrade with database backups in a sandbox environment. When you have resolved any upgrade issues, perform the production upgrade and skip the backups.
Delete Process Instance Job
After an upgrade, this release defines a recurrent quarterly schedule for the Delete Process Instance job. This job cleans up obsolete BPM_ERRORS table entries as far back as 90 days (one quarter). This default behavior helps control the size of the BPM_ERRORS table.
Upgrade Action: No action is required; however, you have options. The upgrade process truncates the records in the BPM_ERRORS table and moves them into BPM_ERRORS_BKP. At this point, the upgrade has successfully reduced the size of this table. No further action is required. However, as an option, you can retrieve the data if you need it for auditing or troubleshooting purposes. To restore the last 90 days of data from the backup table to the BPM_ERRORS table, run the following query in on-premise environments:
INSERT INTO BPM_ERRORS
SELECT * FROM BPM_ERRORS_BKP WHERE LAST_UPDATED_DATE >= (SELECT (MAX(LAST_UPDATED_DATE)-91) CUTOFF_DATE FROM BPM_ERRORS_BKP) AND NOT EXISTS (SELECT 1 FROM BPM_ERRORS WHERE BPM_ERRORS_BKP.ID = BPM_ERRORS.ID);
CA PPM SaaS administrators can contact CA Support to request restoration of the data.
New CSA Setting for Error Logging
A new CSA setting allows you to configure the level of logging that you want to see for process GEL scripts using <gel:log>. As a default, only errors or fatal logs are persisted in the BPM_ERRORS table. Accordingly, only error messages appear on the user interface. Messages that are not logged in BPM_ERRORS are not visible. You can change the default setting to allow logs for warnings and other informational messages so they also appear.
Upgrade Action: No action is required; however, you have options. After an upgrade, the default logging level for process GEL scripts is set to
Error. Unless an error occurs, nothing gets logged in the BPM_ERRORS table. As a
Clarity PPMadministrator, you can request changes to the default settings in the default security log configuration. For example, to change the value of the Process Engine Persistence Log Level field, contact CA Support. For better performance, we recommend that you the keep the logging level set to
Runtime Rate Matrix
The runtime or
on-the-flyrate matrix is disabled by default after the upgrade.
Upgrade Action: After the upgrade, decide whether to enable this feature or leave it disabled. To use the runtime rate matrix, enable the
On-the-fly RateMatrixsetting on the
Applicationtab of the new system health report. See Health Report, Job Monitor, Governor Settings, and Data Warehouse Audit Dashboard.
Data Warehouse Changes for Release 15.3
Data Warehouse Installation and Configuration Required
Starting with this release, you must deploy the
Clarity PPMdata warehouse. It is now an integrated component of
Upgrade Action: Install and configure the data warehouse before you upgrade. You can configure it for advanced reporting, lookup queries, and trending or even decide not to use it. However, it must be installed and configured in all environments, on-premise or SaaS.
Project To-Do Items are Enabled for the Data Warehouse
Any to-do items that users add to tasks, phases, or milestones and related summary counts for tasks and assignments are now enabled in the data warehouse.
Data Model Changes for Release 15.3
To view a summary of the data model changes for this release including the data warehouse, see
Referencein the English edition of the documentation.
Known Issues for Release 15.3
The following section lists the known issues at the time this release was delivered.
New Project Button Appears for Users Without Create Project Access Right
The NEW PROJECT and + Add New Project buttons appear for users that have access to the Projects page in the
New User Experience. The buttons appear even if the user does not have the access right to create projects. To limit who can create projects, we recommend that you limit the view access of the project templates in Classic
Clarity PPM. Without access to project templates, a user is unable to create projects in the
New User Experience.
SVG Images are Not Rendered when Dragging in Internet Explorer 11 or Microsoft Edge
When dragging and dropping fields and sections in blueprint edit mode, embedded SVG images are not rendered if you are using Internet Explorer 11 or Microsoft Edge. This temporary condition does not prevent users from editing a blueprint. (Note: Internet Explorer 11 is not recommended for use with the
New User Experience. Release 15.4 of the
New User Experienceno longer supports Internet Explorer 11.)
Parameterized Lookup Attributes Not Supported
Parameterized lookup attributes (for example Project Category) are not supported for blueprints.
Cannot Define API Attribute ID on the Investment Object in CA Clarity PPM Studio
When creating custom attributes on the Investment object, configuring an API Attribute ID in
Clarity PPMStudio is not available. As a workaround, you can add the API Attribute ID using XOG. The following example shows the syntax for adding the API Attribute ID using XOG:
customAttribute active="true" apiAlias="corporatePriority" code="obj_align_factor1"
Chrome Unresponsive When Uploading Documents, Attachments, and Avatar Images
The following known issue might occur when using the
New User Experienceon Windows OS with McAfee DLP Endpoint installed. The Google Chrome browser becomes unresponsive intermittently when uploading project documents, attachments in conversations, or avatar images.
Oracle 12c Release 2 Performance
Some performance degradation could be the result of a possible ORDERED hint regression issue in Oracle 12c Release 2 SQL statements.
- For Oracle 12c R1 (18.104.22.168), no action is required.
- For Oracle 12c R2 (22.214.171.124), enable the following parameter and set the optimizer to 126.96.36.199.
To improve performance, database administrators can run the following commands:
sqlplus / as sysdba ALTER SYSTEM SET "_fix_control" = '17800514:0'; ALTER SYSTEM SET OPTIMIZER_FEATURES_ENABLE= '188.8.131.52' SCOPE=BOTH;Exit;
This issue and workaround are subject to change pending further third-party developments.
Status Report Preview and Preview Current Buttons Initially Appear Enabled for Team Members
The Preview and Preview Current buttons are enabled the first time a team member opens the status report on a project. However, these buttons should be disabled for team members. If a team member clicks either button, an error message appears. Afterwards, these buttons are disabled.
Purged Reports Remain in Report Library
After running the Purge Report Output job, users continue to see their report output in their Report Library. They might click the report output and receive the following error:
ERROR DMS-05116: The document you are trying to access does not exist. It may have been removed from the system.
To minimize issues, as an administrator, you can announce when you will be purging reports so users are aware. You might delete the output and still want to keep the Report Library entry to review the other information it contains. To delete all line items from the Report Library, run the Remove Job Logs and Report Library Entries job.
Visual and Module Labels in a Blueprint are Only Available in English
The labels for visuals and modules that you can configure in a project blueprint are visible only in the English language.
JasperReports Server 6.4.2 Missing Input Values and Data When Drilling Back to Original Report
When attempting to drill into a second report from an initial report, some reports might not display your input values. The following message appears:
You must apply input values before the report can be displayed.
For example, you might encounter this known issue when drilling into a second report from one of the following original reports:
- Over/Under Allocation by Resource drilling down to Capacity Vs. Demand by Resource
- Top 50 Project Watchlist drilling down to Project Status
- User License and Activity drilling down to User License and Activity Detail
TIBCO is tracking this issue as JS-33944.
Supported Upgrade Paths for Release 15.3
If you have Release 14.1 or higher installed at the base level with no patches (for example 14.2.0 or 15.2.0.), you can directly upgrade to this release.
If you have installed any patches on your base release version, verify that you applied the latest supported cumulative patch before you upgrade. See the following table:
Supported Patch Level for Upgrade
Upgrade Patch Level Exceptions
How to Download and Install the Patch
Patch 184.108.40.206 on the base version 13.3.0
See the CA Download Center.
Patch 220.127.116.11 on the base version 14.2.0
page in the 14.2 documentation.
Clarity PPM14.2 and Jaspersoft Patches
Patch 18.104.22.168 on the base version 14.3.0
page in the 14.3 documentation.
Clarity PPM14.3 and Jaspersoft Patches
Patch 22.214.171.124 on the base version 14.4.0
14.4 and Jaspersoft Patchespage in the 14.4 documentation.
Patch 126.96.36.199 on the base version 15.1.0
15.1 and Jaspersoft Patchespage in the 15.1 documentation.
Patch 188.8.131.52 on the base version 15.2.0
15.2 and Jaspersoft Patchespage in the 15.2 documentation.
For example, you have
Clarity PPM184.108.40.206. Apply the listed patch level update (220.127.116.11) before you upgrade to the new release.
You might experience issues if you attempt to upgrade from an unsupported patch level. For best results, wait for a supported upgrade path to a later release or patch. To learn more, contact CA Support or your CA Services representative. You can also visit the CA PPM Community to collaborate with other community members about your specific questions.
The installer can backup and upgrade your data from supported older releases. The installer detects how many incremental upgrade paths are required to update your installation to the latest release.
If you are running a version earlier than Release 12.1.1, consider upgrading to 12.1.1, 12.1.2, or 12.1.3 before you upgrade to Release 14.1.0 (as a prerequisite to upgrading to 15.3). Although the 12.1.x upgrade is not required, it simplifies the troubleshooting and restart process if an upgrade step fails.
Review this important information about upgrading installed add-ins, accelerators, and connectors.
- If you are upgrading from Releases 13.3 or 14.x to the current release, the following add-ins are upgraded automatically:
- PMO Accelerator
- Accelerator for the PMBOK
- CA Agile Planning
- If you are upgrading from Release 13.2 or earlier to the current release, also upgrade all installed add-ins.
The CA PPM 15.3 Release Notes provides the required supported add-in versions that are compatible with new installations or upgrades to this release.
: The following change might be perceived by users upgrading from 14.3 or earlier releases; however, it is not new. Starting with Release 14.4, the default
Status Report Statuslookup values changed from
Needs Helpand from
At Risk. The
On Trackvalue remained the same. See the PMO Accelerator Release Notes in the 14.4 edition of the English documentation set.