Add-Ins and Integrations
Learn more about how you can extend the functionality of Clarity PPM.
To extend product functionality, you can install optional content add-ins (PMO, APM, EVM, NPD, PMBOK, and PRINCE2) and configure integrations with
CA Agile Central, CA Open Workbench, Microsoft Project, and CA SSO. The CA PPM platform offers a comprehensive set of integration options to work with data from multiple sources. As shown in the following image, you have the flexibility to integrate with the right solution for your business.
You can extend the functionality of CA PPM by installing one or more of the available add-ins that are included with the product. Add-ins are included with the product and are ready to be installed. You do not need to download separate add-in installation image files.
The following image describes how a system administrator installs an add-in.
Clarity PPMcustomers can contact CA Support to install an add-in. CA performs all of the steps for you; however, you can decide which content items to apply to your environment after upgrading an add-in. See the diagram above
Additional licensing and fees may apply to procure additional software.
The Microsoft Project (MSP) and Open Workbench (OWB) documentation appears in the
Project Management. This documentation is available only in English. These optional scheduling programs are available to help you work with projects, tasks, and other work items.
Apply the Add-in Content Items (Upgrades Only)
For upgraded add-ins, you apply the add-in content items after the installation. To apply the add-in, review the add-in items in the product, then select and apply the upgrade ready or uninstalled items.
Follow these steps:
- Log in toClarity PPM.
- ClickAdministration,Studio,Content Add-ins.
- Click the name of the newly installed add-in.
- Review the existing configurations carefully before you apply the new or changed content.Previously configured views are not overwritten during the installation. From this page, you can select which new or updated views to apply. Applying a Studio object overwrites the existing configuration of that Studio object's views.
- Click theItemstab.By default, the items that are new or modified are preselected. Clear the check box for any that you do not want to apply.
- Select the items that are markedUpgrade ReadyorNot Installedthat you want to upgrade to the new version.
- For all active process instances that display theUpgrade Readystatus, cancel and delete the process instances.
- ClickInstall.A confirmation page displays the list of selected and required dependent items.
- ClickYesto apply the add-in items.
If a user previously personalized an item that is listed on the confirmation page, publish the item to push the update to all users.