Download the TIBCO JasperMobile app from the App Store or Google Play. You can log in to this app with your cappm credentials and can view your cappm Advanced Reporting content. cappm basic authentication to JasperMobile provides access to reports, ad-hoc views, and dashboards from your system.
Download the TIBCO JasperMobile app from the App Store or Google Play. You can log in to this app with your
Clarity PPMcredentials and can view your
Clarity PPMAdvanced Reporting content.
Clarity PPMbasic authentication to JasperMobile provides access to reports, ad-hoc views, and dashboards from your system.
After you download the app, perform one of the following connection options:
- Add an account to connect to theClarity PPMserver and access the content
- To connect to the Jaspersoft demo environment and view sample reports, clickTry Demo
: TIBCO develops, maintains, and provides this app. You can leave feedback in the app under Settings. Contact CA Support for any serious issues that you find with the JasperMobile app. If the case is related to an authentication issue, we provide you with direct support. If the case is related to a JasperMobile app issue, we log the case with Jaspersoft. We can also keep you updated when Jaspersoft resolves the issue.
Video: TIBCO Jaspersoft Mobile App
The following third-party video is provided by Rego Consulting. This video is provided by CA Technologies “AS IS” and without warranty.
To play this video in full screen, click the YouTube logo to the right of Settings at the bottom of the video.
Basic User Features
- You can access the Jaspersoft content using theClarity PPMserver URL andClarity PPMcredentials.
- You can access reports, ad-hoc views, and dashboards from your system.
- TheClarity PPMserver handles authentication and authorization for the user credentials that are provided in the app.
- TheClarity PPMserver acts as a proxy for all Jaspersoft requests originating from the JasperMobile Client.
- TheClarity PPMserver internally forwards the requests to the JasperReports server and forwards the response to the JasperMobile Client.
The JasperMobile app only supports basic authentication (logging in using your
Clarity PPMusername and password). JasperMobile does not support single sign-on (SSO).
- Google Android OS 4.0.3 or higher
- Apple iOS 8.0 or higher
- CA PPM on-premise or SaaS 15.1 or newer
- Jaspersoft 6.4.2 or 7.1
- JasperMobile 2.1.2 or newer
Follow these steps:
- Navigate to the App Store or Google Play on your device and download the TIBCO JasperMobile app.
- When the download is complete, you see this icon:
- Tap the TIBCO JasperMobile icon.
- Complete the following information and tap Login
- UsernameTheClarity PPM.
- PasswordThe password to log in toClarity PPM.
- Server URLThe server url that is used to log in to TIBCO JasperMobile.Example: https://<PPM Hostname>/ppm/mobile
- Click the "+" button in Server Profiles to add an account in the mobile app to connect to theClarity PPMserver.Complete the following information and click Save
- Profile nameSpecify the name of your profile. You can specify any profile name that you want.
- Server address
- Organization ID(Not Required)Clarity PPMautomatically identifies this value from the Server URL, Username, and Password provided.
- Automatically extend the session
- Select the added profile and click Login.
After you log in to the app, you can view the report data based on the user role permissions. The home screen displays colored tiles that provide a summary status of the reports. To navigate to the functional area indicated by the tile name, tap the tile.
- LibraryAccess all the reports and dashboards that are based on your user role permissions.
- RepositoryView the list of available Repository Items.
- Recently ViewedView the reports that you have recently viewed from all user devices.
- Saved ItemsSave reports in various formats, like HTML, PDF, or XLS formats.Note:After you run the report, the option to save to different formats is available. Once you save a file, you can view it in the Saved Items tiles. You can view the saved items even when you are offline.
- FavoritesAdd reports and dashboards to Favorites tiles.
- SettingsUpdate the app settings.
Known Issues with the JasperMobile App
Error Messages Are Not Consistent Across Different Platforms
When attempting to log in to the JasperMobile app across different platforms, and in the same error situations, the error messages are not consistent and the wording is different.
Reports Create New Jaspersoft and
Clarity PPMTokens in the Sessions Table
On the Android platform, each report execution creates new Jaspersoft and
Clarity PPMsession tokens.
Touch Sensitivity in Report Chart Data
Because of touch sensitivity issues in Report Chart Data, the user is not able to point out the capacity and allocation value for a particular month.
Actions for Reports/Views in a Dashboard Display in a New Window
If multiple reports/ad-hoc views within a dashboard display, any action for one of the reports/views displays in a new window.
Running Custom Dashboards/Reports Create New Login Requests Multiple Times
When a user in the same session creates different reports and dashboards, a new session is created every time a custom report and dashboard is executed.
Cannot Apply a Filter on a Dashboard or Dashlet
After creating a dashboard with reports and filters, and then executing the dashboard, the user can no longer apply a filter on the dashlet accessed via JasperMobile. On iOS devices, the filter fields do not appear.
As a workaround, do not use the dashboard filter. Instead, tap the native control menu at the top right and select Filters.
Dashboard Does Not Display Filter Fields in One Place
The dashboard does not display filter fields in one place. The user must scroll down the page to see the additional filter fields that are available to filter data.