Install Clarity PPM
Before you install cappm, plan the installation and all environment details. Repeat the configuration planning process for the pilot, test, QA, training, and production environments.
Before you install
Clarity PPM, plan the installation and all environment details. Repeat the configuration planning process for the pilot, test, QA, training, and production environments.
The following resources help you plan your installation or upgrade:
Use the following checklist to assist you with new installations:
SaaS administrators can skip the hardware-related configuration items that do not apply.
Complete the Pre-Install Steps
The following image shows a sample pre-check results page:
As a SaaS administrator, you do not run the manual checkinstall steps; however, you still need to be aware of options available for your fresh installation.
Complete the CA PPM SaaS Post-Install Steps
- To verify thatClarity PPMis accessible from a browser, connect using the configuredEntry URLvalue for your organization and product instance. The Entry URL is configured for you by CA. If you have multiple application instances, the URL can point to a load balancer. If you have a single-server installation, the URL points to yourClarity PPMapplication server instance. For example, ondemand.ca.com or https://<server_name>.ondemand.ca.com/niku/nu
- Change your default password.
- Identify theClarity PPMviews that require configuration before business users can access them.
- Configure portlets and pages as appropriate to expose or hide any new functionality available in the new release.
- Update access rights for users, groups, or OBS instances with new or updated security rights that are introduced in this release. ClickAdministration,Resourcesand add most if not all global access rights to the admin user.