Add-in: Microsoft SharePoint Connector
You can integrate cappm with Microsoft SharePoint. The cappm Connector for Microsoft SharePoint (Microsoft SharePoint Connector) is available as a cappm add-in.
You can integrate
CA PPMwith Microsoft SharePoint. The
CA PPMConnector for Microsoft SharePoint (Microsoft SharePoint Connector) is available as a
: The End-of-Life (EOL) milestone for the Microsoft SharePoint Connector Add-in for CA PPM and CA PPM SaaS was announced May 22, 2018. The documentation you are reading now will remain available (you can also switch to another release if available). However, this feature will no longer appear in the 15.4 or higher documentation to make room for new features and enhancements. The SharePoint Add-in will no longer be enhanced or maintained as of May 22, 2018. This feature will no longer qualify for any support beyond May 31, 2019. After May 31, 2019, in accordance with our End-of-Life Support Policy, CA Technologies will continue to provide self-service support until the expiration of your current contractual support period.
- ShareCA PPMproject data and use Microsoft SharePoint as a front end for easy access.
- View real-time project information fromCA PPMin Microsoft SharePoint with drill-down capabilities to view more detailed information.
- ViewCA PPMproject information in Microsoft SharePoint and collaborate without being aCA PPMuser.
- PublishCA PPMproject information as Microsoft SharePoint project home pages.
The Microsoft SharePoint Connector includes the following components:
- CA Clarity PPM Project Site: Customized Microsoft SharePoint site templates forCA PPM.
- : ConfigureCA PPMList Web PartsCA PPMList Web Parts to display lists of subobjects forCA PPMprojects or the results of Studio queries. Web Parts can also display custom object instance when the related custom object is created based on the Investment as Master Object, like the team, task, or baseline.
- : ConfigureCA PPMChart Web PartsCA PPMChart Web Parts to display charts that are based onCA PPMproject sub-objects or Studio queries.
Web Partsis the collective term for customized web parts that are included with the add-in. The project data that you display in web parts is read-only, and cannot be edited. However, you can change project information in
CA PPMand use the web parts synchronization features to update the information in Microsoft SharePoint.
: SharePoint Web Parts other than the
CA PPMList Web Part and the
CA PPMChart Web Part are referred to as non-
CA PPMWeb Parts.
Use the following Microsoft SharePoint Connector Release Notes to help your organization plan to use this add-in.
New Features in Connector 3.0
- The user interface has a better look-and-feel.
- This release supports theCA PPM-supported languages.
- This release provides the following two minor usability and user interface behavior improvements:
- When you select Create View in the Gantt and view the list web part, the Gantt view appears.
- Synchronize with Clarityis changed toSync with CA PPMand no longer appears in the same toolbar.
You can download this optional add-in from the CA Support Download Center. This add-in is not included on any product media.
- Before you can install the connector, you must have a certified version ofCA PPM. See the CA PPM Release Notes for the supported SharePoint software and connector versions for your release of CA PPM.
- SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint 2013 web parts are incompatible. Upgrades from prior versions ofCA PPMConnector for Microsoft SharePoint (such as v1.x and v2.x) to v3.0 are not supported.
On the Site Collection Features page, the labels for
CA PPMfeatures appear in English on all non-English versions of the operating system.
For more information about known issues, see the CA Support Knowledge Base.