CA PPM Chart Web Parts
The cappm chart Web Part is based on standard Microsoft Office Excel charting features. You can use chart Web Parts to view pictorial representations from a data provider. You can refresh charts displayed in chart Web Parts periodically to display charts that are based on the updated data in the application.
CA PPMchart Web Part is based on standard Microsoft Office Excel charting features. You can use chart Web Parts to view pictorial representations from a data provider. You can refresh charts displayed in chart Web Parts periodically to display charts that are based on the updated data in the application.
A chart Web Part can represent the following data types:
- Numeric:Attributes of this data type can be plotted along the category and series axes.
- Date:Attributes of this data type can be plotted only along the category axis.
- String:Attributes of this data type can be plotted only along the category axis.
CA PPMchart Web Parts are restricted to displaying charts based on project data. Therefore, chart Web Parts do not have the standard Web Part menu. You cannot use SharePoint features with this Web Part. You can, however, customize the appearance and layout of the Web Part by using the tool pane that is associated with the chart Web Part.
Use the following process to set up Web Parts to connect with Microsoft SharePoint:
Use the following process to manage project information in Microsoft SharePoint sites:
Supported Chart Types
You can configure chart Web Parts to display various types of charts, such as area charts, bar charts, line charts, and pie charts.
Some chart types, such as pie charts and doughnut charts, do not support multiple series. Therefore, select only one series attribute for such chart types. Also, the colors that are used in the charts are system-generated. So, you cannot specify the colors to represent the elements of the chart with.
Configure Chart Web Parts
After adding a chart Web Part to a project site, configure it to create the chart to view. You configure a chart Web Part by using the tool pane that is associated with the Web Part. The Data Provider list in the tool pane displays all the available data providers.
The chart Web Part also displays a legend that identifies each series in the chart.
Note:If two or more records that are retrieved by the project data provider have the same category attribute values, only the first instance is plotted on the chart. For example, if you select Task as the data provider for the chart and the task name as the category attribute. If the same task name appears for multiple tasks, only the first task is included in the chart. Therefore, ensure that the selected attributes display as categories on the chart have unique values. Ensure that the project data provider for retrieving data for display in chart Web Parts contains unique values for the attributes to plot on the horizontal (category) axis. This frequently means a Studio query that does aggregation by the selected category attribute.
Follow these steps:
- In the chart Web Part, click Edit, and then click Modify Shared Web Part.The tool pane appears.
- In theCA PPMsection of the tool pane, do the following:
- CA PPM Data Provider. Specifies the data provider. After you select a data provider from the Data Provider list, the Category Attribute and Series Attributes fields are automatically populated with the attributes contained in the data provider.
- Chart Type. Select the type of chart.
- Chart Title. Enter a title for the chart.
- Category Attribute. Select the attribute for plotting on the category axis.
- Series Attributes. Select the attributes for plotting on the series axis. You can select multiple series attributes. However, certain chart types, such as pie charts and doughnut charts, do not support multiple series attributes.
- Value (Y) Axis Label. Enter a name for the set of series attributes selected.
- (Optional) Customize the Web Part by providing details in the Appearance, Layout, and Advanced sections.For more information about customizing the Web Part, see the Microsoft Windows SharePoint documentation.
- Click OK.The chart Web Part displays the chart.
Refresh the Data in Chart Web Parts
The chart that is displayed in a chart Web Part is based on values of attributes that can change in the application. Refresh the chart periodically so that the chart is based on the latest values in the data provider. When you refresh the chart, the chart is re-created based on the new values.
Follow this step:
Click the Refresh Chart button that is provided above the chart area in the chart Web Part. The chart is refreshed. If the category and series attribute values have changed, they are plotted using the new values.
Without the Design or Full Control permission, the chart appears to refresh because the Web Page refreshes. However, the chart continues to display the graph as last refreshed by a user having Design or Full Control permissions.