CA PPM List Web Parts
Use cappm List Web Parts to view and share lists of project sub-object instances or the results from Studio queries. After you add and configure a list Web Part, you can use Microsoft SharePoint to manage the list that is retrieved from cappm.
CA PPMList Web Parts to view and share lists of project sub-object instances or the results from Studio queries. After you add and configure a list Web Part, you can use Microsoft SharePoint to manage the list that is retrieved from
After you add and configure a Web Part to a project site, you can use the Microsoft SharePoint features that are provided in the Web Part or in the associated list, with the exception of a few features that you use to modify information in the list.
CA PPMlist Web Parts are compatible with the following Microsoft SharePoint features:
- Views: Create and modify views using the Create View and Modify this View commands. You can use the views that the Web Part provides by default, such as Gantt View and Datasheet View, or create your own custom views. Additionally, you can use Web Part features such as Sort, Group By, Style, Totals, and Item Limit.You can Add/Remove columns of the Data in the Web Part using the Modify this View command. For example, you can add a column named Reporting Manager of the Resource for Team Web Part which will not be displayed by default.
- List Settings: Insert/Delete columns of data displayed in the Web Part. You can Delete the List/Data displayed in the Web Part (without deleting the Web Part), and assign permissions for particular users for the displayed Web Part.For more information about creating and managing views, see the Microsoft Windows SharePoint documentation.
- Connect to Outlook: Some project data providers emphasize dates, milestones, and priorities. Items that are retrieved from the data providers can be integrated with Microsoft Outlook 2010. A list Web Part can be specially configured as a list that can be integrated with Outlook by selecting the Task List check box in the Web Part tool pane. A list Web Part that has been configured to enable Outlook integration displays the Connect to Outlook option on the Actions menu.
- Export to Spreadsheet: Export a list to a spreadsheet if you have a Windows SharePoint Services-compatible application installed on your client computer.
- Open with Access:Open the list in theCA PPMList Web Part in Microsoft Access. You can edit the list from Microsoft Access only if you export a copy of the data to Microsoft Access. If you link the exported list to the data in Microsoft SharePoint, you cannot save the changes that you make to the list into the Microsoft Access database.
List Web Part Model
Every List Web Part is associated with the following:
- A tool pane. This pane is a default Web Part feature. Use the tool pane to configure which data provider the List Web Part retrieves data from.
- A SharePoint list. When you add a List Web Part, a new SharePoint list is automatically created in the site to support it. After you configure the List Web Part, the data that is retrieved fromCA PPMis stored in this SharePoint list and displayed in the List Web Part.
Essentially, a List Web Part and the SharePoint list that is automatically created provide the same set of features. The List Web Part acts as a container for the list and provides the features that are available in SharePoint lists. You cannot modify or delete list items or add and delete columns on List Web Parts or their underlying lists. These limitations ensure that data is not lost when you synchronize the list with
When you reconfigure the List Web Part to access a different provider, a new list is not created. When you reconfigure a list Web Part to display information from a different data provider or a data provider on a different server, the associated list is updated with information from the new data provider.
You can use the list that is associated with a Web Part even after you delete the List Web Part; the associated list is not deleted from the site. However, when you delete the List Web Part, the synchronize functionality no longer works on the list.
Configure List Web Parts
Configure the List Web Part to display the list of items that you want to view. You configure the List Web Part to access project data by selecting the appropriate data provider. You can configure a List Web Part by using its tool pane. The Data Provider list in the tool pane displays all the data providers that are available for the configured binding parameters.
Follow these steps:
- Open the Web Part menu of theCA PPMlist Web Part, and from Edit, click Modify Shared Web Part.
- In theCA PPMsection of the tool pane, from the Data Provider list, select the data provider.
- (Optional) To configure this Web Part as a list that can be integrated with Microsoft Outlook, do the following:
- Task List. Select this check box. If you do not select this check box, the Actions menu does not display the Connect to Outlook command, which enables the integration of the list with Microsoft Outlook.
- Start Date Attribute. Select this attribute.Required:No
- Due Date Attribute. Select the finish date attribute.Required:No
- Priority Attribute. Select the attribute that indicates the priority.Required:No
- % Complete Attribute. Select the attribute that indicates the percentage of completion.Required:No
- (Optional) Customize the Web Part by providing details in the Appearance, Layout, and Advanced sections.For more information about customizing the Web Part, see the Microsoft Windows SharePoint documentation.
- Click OK.The List Web Part displays a list of items retrieved from the data provider.
If you do not select the Task List check box, you can reconfigure the CA Clarity List Web Part to integrate the list with Microsoft Outlook. To integrate the list with Outlook, access the tool pane of the CA Clarity List Web Part and select the Task List check box. Optionally, select the start date, due date, priority, and percentage complete attributes to include the fields in Microsoft Outlook.
Modify Columns in List Web Parts
Web Parts display certain columns by default. However, additional columns are retrieved from but are not displayed by default. You can change the columns that are displayed. You can:
- Select the columns for the Web Part to display.
- Hide the columns that the Web Part is not display.
- Specify the order of the columns in the list.
Follow these steps:
- Open the View menu from Web Part.
- Click Modify this View.
- In the Columns section, do the following:
- Column Name. Select the check boxes against the columns for the Web Part to display.
- (Optional) Position from Left. Select the positions for displaying the columns.
- Click OK.The selected columns appear in List Web Part.
Synchronize List Web Parts with
The data that you retrieve from a data provider may undergo periodic changes in the application. Some of the existing items may be deleted or modified, and new items may be added. If you want to update the list in the Web Part to reflect the changes, synchronize the list in the Web Part with the application.
Follow this step:
In the menu bar of the Web Part, click Synchronize with Clarity. The list in the List Web Part is updated with the latest information in
Without the Design or Full Control permission, the list appears to synchronize because the Web page refreshes. However, the list continues to display the information that was retrieved when it was last synchronized by a user having Design or Full Control permissions.