Clarity PPM Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERD)
An entity relationship diagram (ERD) includes all relationships with only a few minor exceptions, such as not including simple lookups. Any incoming relationships from tables that are not primarily represented in a diagram are not shown. For example, if table A in the ABC diagram has a column that refers to table X in another diagram, table X is shown in the ABC diagram as an off-screen table. However, if table Y has a column that refers to table A, it is not shown. Instead table A is shown as an off-screen table in the diagram for table Y.
- Table:A box with solid blue borders.
- Off-screen Table:A box with dotted black borders.
- View:A gray box with solid blue borders.
- One to One Relationship:The indicator for a one-to-one relationship.
- Many to One Relationship:The indicator for a many-to-one relationship.
- Join:The join expression (column=column) is used to label the relationship. However, when the ID (or prID) column participates in the join, it is not listed. Many relationships indicate only one column name to describe a column=ID join.
Links and Notes
Organizational Breakdown Structure