XOG: Cost Plan
A cost plan is created for an investment that already exists. Use the Cost Plan XOG object to view inbound and outbound financial cost plans.
Read and Write XML Files
The following XML files are included:
- costPlan_read.xml. Use this file to export cost plans fromClarity PPM.
- costPlan_write.xml. Use this file to import cost plans that were previously exported fromClarity PPM.
Before you use this XOG object, verify the following objects already exist in
- Time periods
- Grouping attributes
Business Rules and Processing
The following business rules and processing apply to this XOG:
- A Cost Plan object is created by configuring the cost plan setup properties.
- Cost plan details (line items) are added to the plan.
- Existing plan detail records are not deleted.
The following explicit read filters are used:
- code. The code for the cost plan.
- name. The name of the cost plan.
- investmentCode. The investment code with which the plan is associated.
When importing or exporting the cost plan, the following errors can be thrown:
- You must have Plan XOG access rights to perform this action.
- Plan code is required.
- Grouping Attribute is missing or invalid.
- Investment Code is missing or invalid.
- Period Type cannot be changed once defined.
- Grouping Attributes cannot be changed once defined.
- Investment must be associated to an Entity before setting up financial plans.
- Benefit plan ID is missing or invalid.
- Period Date is missing or invalid.
- Grouping Attributes in Plan Details do not match Plan Grouping Attributes.
- GL Account is missing or invalid.
- Missing or invalid value for Grouping Attribute.
- Finish time period is invalid.
- Start time period is invalid.
- Grouping Attributes do not match locked plan structure for associated entity.
- Cannot modify plan periods prior to the freeze date.
- Valid Fiscal Period does not exist for start and end dates for plan detail.
The following schema tag names are described.
CostPlan Schema Tag
The Cost Plan tag is part of the schema mapping for the Cost Plan XOG object. This tag has the following attributes:
- benefitPlanCodeDefines the ID of the benefit plan that is associated with the cost plan.Table and Column:BENEFIT_PLAN_IDType:String
- CodeRequired. Defines the unique ID of the cost plan for XOG.Table and Column:CODEType:String
- FinishPeriodRequired. Defines the finish time period name.Table and Column:END_PERIOD_IDType:String
- Investment CodeRequired. Defines the investment code.Table and Column:OBJECT_IDType:String
- Investment TypeDefines the investment type. This is used only in the XOG read result.Type:String
- isPlanOfRecordIndicates if the cost plan is the plan of record. If this is not set and it is the first plan of the investment, then the plan is marked as the plan of record.Table and Column:IS_PLAN_OF_RECORDType:String
- NameRequired. Defines the name of the cost plan.Table and Column:NAMEType:String
- Period TypeRequired. Defines the time period type.Table and Column:PERIOD_TYPE_CODEType:String
- RevisionThis is used only in XOG read result. It represents the revision of the cost plan.Table and Column:REVISIONType:Integer
- StartPeriodRequired. Defines the start time period name.Table and Column:START_PERIOD_IDType:String
Description Schema Tag
This tag is part of the schema mapping for the Cost Plan XOG object. This schema tag is a text node.
- DescriptionDefines the cost plan description.Table and Column: descriptionType: String
Grouping Attributes Schema Tag
This tag is part of the schema mapping for the Cost Plan XOG object. This tag is used to define grouping attributes for a cost plan. The tag includes the following attribute:
- Grouping AttributeSpecifies grouping attributes for a cost plan.Possible Values:charge_code_idrole_idresource_iddepartment_idlocation_idtransaction_class_idresource_class_idinput_type_code_idcost_type_idlov1_idlov2_idTable and Column: The value is stored in the ODF_MULTI_VALUED_ATTRIBUTES table.Type: String
Detail Schema Tag
This tag is part of the schema mapping for the Cost Plan XOG object. This tag defines a cost plan detail row and is composed primarily of schema tags.
The Detail schema tag also has two attributes: glAccountMain and glAccountSub. These attributes define the GL Account that is associated with the Detail schema tag. The attributes map to the GL_ACCOUNT_ID column.
The Detail schema tag includes the following tags:
- CostDefines the cost for specific time period segments.Table and Column: COST
- UnitsDefines the quantity for a specific time period segment.Table and Column: UNITS
- RevenueDefines the revenue for a specific time period segment.Table and Column: REVENUE
- Grouping AttributesDefines the grouping attribute codes and values for the grouping attributes selected for the cost plan. Each Grouping Attribute represents a code and value pair for an attribute.Table and Column: The value is stored in the column corresponding to the groupingAttribute code (for example, location_id, charge_code_id).Type: String
- Custom InformationDefines the field names for the custom information.
Segment Schema Tag
This tag is part of the schema mapping for the Cost Plan XOG object. The Unit, Cost, and Revenue schema tags will include one or more Segment schema tags. This tag has the following attributes:
- startDefines the start period for the unit, cost, or revenue.Type: String
- finishDefines the end period for the unit, cost, or revenue.Type: String
- valueDefines the value for the unit, cost, or revenue.Type: String