Configure Third-Party Product Integrations
As an administrator, you can configure third-party product integrations with
Clarity PPM. For example, you can configure the product to integrate with third-party systems such as an agile planning system.
If you are new to
Clarity PPM, you can look up any existing integrations that are already defined for your product instance. Use the Integrations page as a one-stop shop to define and maintain all integration information for the product. For example, you can define the following integrations with Rally (CA Agile Central), an agile project planning system:
- Configure an integration from a singleClarity PPMsystem to one or more Rally instances or workspaces.
- Create or update integration instances using the REST APIs. You require the following access rights:
- API – Access
- Administration – Application Setup
REST APIsfor more information about the REST APIs.
Install the Agile add-in before creating an agile system integration such as with Rally. Installing the add-in allows you to save the integration information and populate the default integration values. See
Integrate with Rallyfor more information.
Follow these steps:
- Log in to CA Clarity PPM.
- ClickAdministration,General Settings,Integrations.
- Complete the following fields:
- Areas:Defines the software application or business area of the vendor (for example, Agile).
- Vendor:Defines the company name with which the product is integrating (for example, Rally).
- Supplier:Defines the company name that is implementing the integration (for example, CA Technologies).
- Integration URL:Defines the URL for the integration instance (for example, the Rally instance URL).
- Integration API Key:Defines the username and password combination that is used to access and authorize for the remote system. You can use configure this field to use it as a username field for any custom integration.
- Integration Instance:Defines the integration instance to connect to, for example, the Rally workspace ID.
- ClickSave.A new tab appears next toGeneral.
- Define the integration information specific to the third-party system.
- Save your changes.
Create an Integration
We recommend that you apply the following best practices when creating a custom product integration:
- Use the standard default integration attributes as much as possible.
- Create a subpage on the Integration object for the integration attributes.
- Add a display condition to show the subpage only for the specific Integration instance.
See CA Clarity PPMfor information about how to add object subpages and create display conditions.
Studio Object Viewsin the
The following image shows a subpage for the
CA Agile Central(formerly Rally) integration:
The following image shows the display condition (Vendor=Rally) that is set up to display the Rally subpage:
The following diagram shows a basic integration architecture between CA Clarity PPM SaaS or on-premise and CA Agile Central (Rally) SaaS. Integrations with on-premise editions of Rally are not supported.
An essential component in the integration, the Synchronize Agile Central job runs in the background (you can schedule the job or launch it manually when needed) to access the Clarity PPM API and Agile Central WebService API through HTTP calls.