Add-in: Earned Value Manager (EVM) - End of Life
- A notification has been sent to announce End of Life(EOL) for the NPD, PRINCE2, PMBOK, and EVM Add-ins forClassic PPMandClassic PPMSaaS.
- Add-ins are content offerings, not product functionality; therefore, when we EOL them we do not offer functional alternatives.
- Existing customers may continue to leverage the content, but it will not be available for new customers.
- A new customer installing future releases of the product will not be able to install these add-ins.
- Existing customers upgrading to future releases of the product will not get new versions of these add-ins.
With the release of
Clarityrelease 15.7.1, these Add-ins will no longer be enhanced, and maintenance and technical support will be discontinued effective December 2, 2019. Customers may continue to run and use the
ClarityAdd-in products referenced above in production and non-production environments after the End-of-Life Date. However, after December 2, 2019, CA will no longer provide any fixes, patches, service packs, updates, upgrades, programmatic changes, new features, coverage for updated or new operating systems, databases, browsers, or any additional components.
Use the Earned Value Manager (EVM) add-in (Service Pack 02.0.02) to manage your internal, U.S. federal government contract programs as part of an ANSI-748 compliant earned value management system. This add-in ensures that your IT projects follow earned value principles that are defined in the ANSI/EIA standard 748-A (American National Standards Institute/Electronic Industries Alliance standard).
Earned Value Manager helps to organize your deliverables and track earned value using ANSI-748 compliance constructs. If your organization uses earned value methodology for measuring project performance, you can take advantage of the constructs to track earned value on contract programs.
Classic PPMis one part of the overall earned value management system. You can use other supporting software systems to manage compliance points, such as Microsoft Excel spreadsheets or Word documents.
Using this add-in, you can:
- Define the Contract Work Breakdown Structure (CWBS) that is associated with a contract program.
- Define burdening matrices for indirect cost elements. Together with the product's existing rate matrix, which defines the direct cost structure for a resource, the matrices form a flexible means for costing out fully burdened project resource costs.
- Link work packages with projects and project tasks for reporting earned value on the scheduled work that is delivered by the control account.
- Generate historical earned value metrics for the contract work breakdown structure (CWBS) hierarchy.
- Report on contract performance measurements using industry-standard Contract Performance Reports (CPR) formats 1-5.
Your access rights determine your access to the Earned Value Manager add-in and features. If you do not have the correct privileges, you cannot view and use some of the features, pages, and fields. Your
Classic PPMadministrator assigns you access rights, or your contract program manager can do so for a specific contract. In addition, you require access rights to several other features, such as project management to access the information they contain.
Install the Earned Value Manager (EVM) Add-In
Classic PPMmust be installed before you can install the Earned Value Manager add-in.
Follow these steps:
- Install the add-in.
- Complete these administrative tasks:
- Set up the rate matrices.
- Set up the burdening matrices.
- Set up the earned value reporting periods.
- Set up the responsible OBS structure.
- Set up the performing OBS structure.For more information, see Administration.
- If you are posting actuals using timesheets, set up timesheet options.For more information, see Administration.
- If you are posting actuals using financial transactions, set up your entity and its financial attributes.For more information, see Financial Management.
- Review the project management earned value settings, including the project and the default earned value (EV) calculation method for the project task.For more information, see Project Management.
- Schedule one or more instances of theUpdate Earned Value History - Contractsjob, which is based on the organization earned value reporting periods.For more information, see Administration.
All of the pages, portlets, lookups, and other items that are installed with this add-in are listed on the Add-In Details page in Studio. The following items are installed:
- CWBS Element
- Summary Level Planning Package
- Control Account
- Work Package
- EVM CPR Report Data Generation
- Update Earned Value History Job - Contracts
- Update Earned Value Totals Job - Contracts
- Contract Performance Report (CPR) Format 1 - WBS
- Contract Performance Report (CPR) Format 2 - Organizational Categories
- Contract Performance Report (CPR) Format 3 - Baseline
- Contract Performance Report (CPR) Format 4a - Staffing (BAC)
- Contract Performance Report (CPR) Format 4b - Staffing (EAC)
- Contract Performance Report (CPR) Format 5 - Explanations and Problem Analyses
- Contract Work Breakdown Structure Dictionary
- Contract Work Breakdown Structure Index
- Responsibility Assignment Matrix
This menu item appears in the Administration Tool under the Finance menu.
This setup option appears in the Administration Tool by clicking Setup from the Finance menu.
Project: Properties: Main - EVM Burdening page
This page is available from the project Properties content menu.
Known issues for the EVM add-in are treated as Knowledge Base articles. To find the known issues, go to the Knowledge Base tab of
Classic PPMProduct Support Page and enter the search term
Earned Value Manager XOGs
You can process the following Earned Value Manager data objects or transactions in or out of
Classic PPMusing the XML Open Gateway (XOG):
- ContractThis object includes all of the child objects: contract work breakdown structure (CWBS) elements, summary level planning packages (SLPP), control accounts (CA), and work packages (WP).
- Burdening matrix
- Burdening class
If you process contracts that contain work packages linked to projects or project tasks, the information representing the links are included. Copies of the referenced projects are not included. XOG the referenced projects separately.
The following XOG sample files are included when you install the Earned Value Manager add-in:
The XOG sample files are located in the following directory:
The <extract folder> is the name of the folder containing the extracted .jar file.