Roadmap Timeline Report
The Roadmap Timeline report displays roadmap items for a specific roadmap across time periods. This report displays a graphical timeline by month, quarter, or year for each team roadmap item, grouped by a selected swimlane. You can select up to three (3) numeric metrics during runtime to display with the timeline.
The following image shows a Roadmap Timeline report with Benefit, Capital, and Operating amounts by roadmap item with a schedule bar spanning time periods.
Before you run this report, to display any data, your roadmap must have at least one roadmap item spanning the selected fiscal period.
Name: Roadmap Timeline
Resource ID: CSK_INV_RoadmapTimeline
Description: Investment Management (PMO Accelerator)
Clarity/Reports/Investment Management/Roadmap Timeline
ClarityBean Data Source
Report Parameter Options
The following table lists the report parameter options:
Prompt TextParameter Name
Input Control NameInput Control Resource ID
Single-selectlist of values
Roadmap Item Metrics
list of values
Roadmap Item Metrics
Clip Metrics to Roadmap Dates clipMetricsToRoadmap
Clip Metrics to Roadmap Dates
Parameter Lookup Values
The following values list the lookup values:
Period: Months, Quarters, Years
Swimlane: Type, Status, In Plan
Color By: Type, Status, In Plan
Roadmap Item Metrics: Actual, Actual Operating Cost, Actual Capital Cost, Benefit, Capacity, Capital Cost, IRR, NPV, Operating Cost, Payback Period, Rank, Remaining Capacity, Remaining Capital Cost, Remaining Operating Cost, ROI, Total Actual Cost, Total Cost, Total Remaining Cost
The following list describes the parameters:
- Fiscal Year: Allows you to control roadmap metric amounts that are included in the report.When you select a fiscal year, the selected metrics are not restricted to only the amounts within the fiscal year. Only when you select theClip Metrics to Roadmap Datesparameter are the selected metrics restricted to display the amounts within the fiscal year.
- Period: Allows you to change the type of time periods that display across the columns of the report. This parameter works with the fiscal year parameter to determine the periods that display on the report.
- MonthsThe report displays twelve months.:
- QuartersThe report displays four quarters.:
- YearsThe report displays one year.:
- SwimlanesandColor By: These parameters include three (3) default picklists and any custom picklists that your organization created for all roadmaps.
- Roadmap Item Metrics: Allows you to select up to 3 metrics to display for each roadmap item.
- Clip Metrics to Roadmap Dates: Allows you to adjust your roadmap items to clip the metric values for the number and money attributes to match the roadmap duration. If the roadmap includes items that fall either partially or completely outside the roadmap duration, their metric values are clipped to match the roadmap duration. When the option is unchecked, total values are visible for the metrics in the report timeline.
Report Fields and Calculations
The report displays each roadmap item in the roadmap with up to three (3) metric amounts, grouped by the selected value in the swimlane parameter. If you select more than three metrics, the first three metrics in alphabetical order are selected and the remaining are ignored. The report also includes a timeline bar showing the duration of each roadmap item within the selected periods. Timeline bar colors are calculated based on the Color By report parameter.
The report displays twelve periods or less, starting with the period entered in the Fiscal Year parameter. If the period parameter is
months, the first day of the month in which the fiscal year falls is the first monthly period in the report. If the period parameter is
quarters, the first date of the quarter in which the fiscal year entered falls is the first quarterly period that appears in the report. If the period parameter is
years, the Fiscal Year entered appears as a single period.