XOG: Application and Asset
Use the application or asset XOG objects to view inbound and outbound application or asset object instances.
Read and Write XML Files
The following XML files are included:
- inv_applications_read.xml file. Use this file to export application object instances fromClarity PPM.
- inv_applications_write.xml. Use this file to import application object instances that were previously exported fromClarity PPM.
- inv_assets_read.xml. Use this file to export asset object instances fromClarity PPM.
- inv_assets_write.xml. Use this file to import asset object instances that were previously exported fromClarity PPM.
The prerequisites (if any) are the same as that of other non-project investment objects (NPIO).
Business Rules and Processing
The business rules and processing are the same as that of other NPIOs.
The read filters are the same as that of other NPIOs.
The error handling is the same as that of other NPIOs.
disableTSVUpdateAttribute in XOG Import Files for Projects and Investments
In releases before 15.6, a XOG import (write) file, specifically for a project or non-project investment that included the optional
openForTimeEntryattribute and associated resources who were also being allocated to a team (a special type of resource) through the same XOG import file, would cycle through all the assignments in the investment. This behavior could result in performance issues, especially during attempts to import large numbers of resources (for example, more than 10,000).
- When adding a resource to a team for an investment in the new or classic user interface, the application appends the ETC or actuals to the previously-generated slice curve.
- When adding a resource through the XOG, the existing time-scaled value (TSV) curves are unknown and cannot be accessed; instead, the XOG import causes the application to regenerate all TSV curves for all assignments in the investment.
When you upgrade to Clarity PPM 15.6 or higher, you can improve XOG performance by including the new
- If set totrue, the XOG import does not attempt to process the aggregated TSV values; instead, administrators would run the Investment Allocation job to update the aggregated totals.
- If the attribute is set tofalseor excluded from the import file, the functionality remains the same as the previous release.
Example File: The following file represents a XOG import (write) example for an application and includes the new disableTSVUpdate attribute for 15.6 and newer releases. Remove that attribute before attempting to use this file with previous releases.