Configure a Global Audit Trail
The global audit trail provides a log of all audit records for all objects that are configured for auditing. The log is a record of additions, deletions, and changes for audited objects. The records for an instance of an audited object remain in the global audit trail, even after you delete the instance. In addition, the system keeps a record of the individual who deleted the instance.
You need the
Audit Trail - View - Allaccess right to view the global audit trail.
For more information about setting up an audit trail, see the following topic in the English edition of the documentation:
- Switch to the English documentation.
- Expand theReferencesection.
- Log in to view all content.
- Navigate toClassic PPMStudio Development,Classic PPMStudio Objects and Attributes, Audit an Object.
Follow these steps:
- Open Administration, and from Data Administration, click Audit Trail.
- Search for the object instance that you want to view. You can use any or all of the following parameters (and wildcard characters) as search criteria:
- ObjectSpecifies the object for which audit trail information is requested. For example, Task or Project. Only the objects that are configured for auditing appear in the selection list.We recommend that you select a value for this field to limit the number of objects that are searched and to make your search faster.
- Object IDSpecifies the object ID of the specific instance of the object. For example, a specific project ID or task ID.
- Object NameSpecifies the name of the specific instance of the object. For example, the name of a specific project or a task.
- Changed bySpecifies the name of the user who created the records.
- Date rangeSpecifies a time period for the records you want to view. To select the start and finish dates for the date range, click the Date icon.
- OperationSpecifies the action that was performed on an object.Values:Insert, Update, Delete, or All.
- Click Filter to view the audit records.