XOG: Budget Plan
Use the budget plan XOG object to view inbound and outbound budget plans. A budget plan is created for an existing investment. The structure of a budget plan must meet the following criteria:
- When the forceReplace value is true, the budget plan must match the associated source cost plan.
- When the Replace value is false, the budget plan must match the associated source cost plan and the latest approved budget. If there is no latest approved budget, the structure must match the current cost plan of record.
Read and Write XML Files
The following XML files are included:
- budgetPlan_read.xml. Use this file to export budget plans fromClassic PPM.
- budgetPlan_write.xml. Use this file to import budget plans that were previously exported fromClassic PPM.
Before you use this XOG object, verify that the following objects exist in
- Time periods
- Details that are used in the plan
Business Rules and Processing
The following business rules and processing apply to this XOG object:
- A budget plan uses the Cost Plan object internally.
- The budget plan structure must match the cost plan of record structure and potentially the latest approved budget plan structure, depending on the value of the forceReplace attribute.
- Cost plan details (line items) are added to the budget plan.
- Existing plan detail records are not deleted.
The following explicit read filters are used:
- code. The code of the budget plan.
- name. The name of the budget plan.
- investmentCode. The investment code with which the plan is associated.
The following error messages can be thrown:
- You must haveBudget Plan - XOG Access Rightsto perform this action.
- Plan code is required.
- Grouping attribute is missing or invalid.
- Investment code is missing or invalid.
- Period type cannot be changed once defined.
- Grouping attributes cannot be changed once defined.
- Investment must be associated with an entity before setting up financial plans.
- Benefit plan ID is missing or invalid.
- Period date is missing or invalid.
- Grouping attributes in plan details do not match plan grouping attributes.
- GL account is missing or invalid.
- Missing or invalid value for grouping attribute.
- Finish time period is invalid.
- Start time period is invalid.
- Grouping attributes do not match locked plan structure for associated entity.
- Cannot modify plan periods prior to the freeze date.
- Valid fiscal period does not exist for start and end dates for plan detail.
- Submit for Approval requires a cost plan of record.
- A submitted budget already exists.
- You cannot submit a plan for approval whose total cost is zero.
- The structure of the existing budget and the cost plan of record do not match.
Mappings for the following schema tag names are provided.
BudgetPlan Schema Tag
The budgetPlan tag is part of the schema mapping for the Budget Plan XOG object. This tag has the following attributes:
- benefitPlanCodeDefines the ID of the benefit plan that is associated with the budget plan.Table and Column: BENEFIT_PLAN_IDType: String
- codeRequired. Defines the unique code of the cost plan.Table and Column:CODEType:String
- finishPeriodRequired. Defines the finish time period name.Table and Column:END_PERIOD_IDType: String
- forceReplaceRequired. Specifies whether the existing budget structure and period types can be different from the latest approved budget plan. XOG out always uses the value of True.Field:forceReplaceType:BooleanPossible Values:True, False
- investmentCodeRequired. Defines the Investment codeTable and Column:OBJECT_IDType:String
- investmentTypeDefines the investment type. This attribute is used only in the XOG read result.Type: String
- nameDefines the budget plan nameTable and Column:NAMEType:String
- revisionUsed only in XOG read results. Represents the revision of the budget plan.Field Name:REVISIONType:Integer
- periodTypeDefines the time period type.Field Name:PERIOD_TYPE_CODEType:String
- sourceCostPlanCodeDefines the ID of the source cost plan for the submitted budget.Table and Column:SOURCE_COST_PLAN_IDType:String
- startPeriodRequired. Defines the start time period name.Field Name:START_PERIOD_IDType:String
- statusDefines the status of the plan.Possible Values: Submitted, Approved, Rejected.Table and Column:STATUS_CODEType:String
Description Schema Tag
This schema tag is part of the schema mapping for the Budget Plan XOG object. This is a text node. The schema tag includes the following attribute.
- DescriptionDefines the Budget Plan description.Table and Column: descriptionType: String
Grouping Attributes Schema Tag
This tag is part of the schema mapping for the Budget Plan XOG object. This tag is used to define grouping attributes for a budget plan. The grouping attributes for a budget plan must match the grouping attributes of the cost plan of record for the investment.
- Grouping AttributeDefines a grouping of attributes for a budget plan.Possible Values:charge_code_idrole_idresource_iddepartment_idlocation_idtransaction_class_idresource_class_idinput_type_code_idcost_type_idlov1_idlov2_idTable and Column: The value is stored in ODF_MULTI_VALUED_ATTRIBUTES table.Type: String
Detail Schema Tag
This tag is part of the schema mapping for the Budget Plan XOG object. This tag defines a budget plan detail row and is composed primarily of schema tags.
The Detail schema tag also has two attributes: glAccountMain and glAccountSub. These attributes define the GL Account that is associated with the Detail schema tag. The attributes map to the GL_ACCOUNT_ID column.
The Detail schema tag includes the following tags:
- CostDefines the cost for specific time period segments.Table and Column: COST
- UnitsDefines the quantity for a specific time period segment.Table and Column:UNITS
- RevenueDefines the revenue for a specific time period segment.Table and Column: REVENUE
- Grouping AttributesDefines the grouping attribute codes and values for the grouping attributes selected for the cost plan. Each grouping attribute represents a code and value pair for an attribute.Table and Column: The value is stored in the column corresponding to the grouping attribute code. For example, location_id, charge_code_id.Type: String
- Custom InformationDefines the field names for the custom information.
Segment Schema Tag
This tag is part of the schema mapping for the Budget Plan XOG object. The Unit, Cost, and Revenue schema tags will include one or more Segment schema tags. This tag has the following attributes:
- startDefines the start period for the unit, cost, or revenue.Type: String
- finishDefines the end period for the unit, cost, or revenue.Type: String
- valueDefines the value for the unit, cost, or revenue.Type: String