Clarity: Track and Edit To Dos
Clarityallows you to create to-do items for a phase, a milestone, for a task to break down the work into smaller activities. The new To Dos page displays all the To Dos assigned to you across various investment types in
Accessing the New To Do’s Page
Clarityhas introduced the following global access rights in this release:
- To Do - Navigate
- To Do - Create - All
- To Do - Delete - All
- To Do - Edit - All
- To Do - View - All
These access rights are assigned to the Viewer license type in
You need to have the To Do - Navigate right to see the new To Dos page. You will then be able to see all the To Do’s that have been assigned to you across all the investments in
Using the Associated Objects Grid on the To Dos Page
The To Dos grid is also referred to as the associated objects grid because, while the grid is primarily associated with viewing and editing To Do's, you can also use it to view information such as tasks and investment details that would help you accurately plan and complete work. You can use the To Do's grid to review common attributes across all investments or specific to individual investments. Let’s consider an example where you have multiple To Dos assigned to you across projects and custom investments. In such as scenario, you can add the following fields to the grid to help you make the right decisions.
- Attributes associated with To Dos such as Name, Due Date, Owner, and Completed.
- Attributes associated with Tasks such as % Complete, ETC
- Attributes associated with the Common Investment object such as Corporate Priority and Manager.
- Attributes associated with all the investments (Projects and Custom Investments) where you have To Dos.
Some of the key actions you can perform by using the grid are:
- Add attributes to the grid by using the column panelThe Column Panel groups attribute under their object type. You can see attributes associated with the To Dos, Task, Common Investment, and investments where you have To Do's under their respective categories. You can select various attributes to add them to the grid. To learn more about using the column panel in the grid, see Common Components.
- Edit Multiple Attributes By Using the Bulk Edit CapabilityYou can edit multiple records on the Grid layout. When you select multiple records and click the Edit button, a bulk edit window will be displayed. The window includes all the fields displayed in the grid. You can update only fields associated with the To Do object and click Save to commit your changes.Follow these steps:
- Log intoClarity.
- Navigate to the To Dos grid and select the records you want to update.
- Select theEditbutton.
- In theBulk Editwindow, make the relevant changes to multiple records.
- ClickSaveto confirm your changes.
- View more information about an investment by using the DETAILS panelYou can view more information about an investment by using the DETAILS panel. The panel is available as a two-column layout, and you can resize it to take up 75% of the screen. The Details layout allows you to include two fields per row. You can horizontally drag any field to occupy one or both columns.Claritywill append the attribute label’s investment type when adding attributes associated with specific investments in the DETAILS panel. To learn more about using the DETAILS panel in the grid, see Common Components.
- Analyze To Dos by using the Filter and Search optionsYou can use the Search and the Filter options to identify various investments based on your requirements. To learn more about using the Filter and Search options, see Common Components.
- Personalize the grid and save your viewClarityallows you to save and modify multiple views that help you achieve your business goals. Some of the key actions you can perform are:
When you save a view, it will not be available across other hierarchies.
- Save an existing configuration in the grid
- Update existing views by using the Quick Save functionality
- Access views saved by other users
- Mark relevant views as favorites so that you can access them easily
- Select default views
- Collapse Related Rows by Grouping AttributesYou can collapse related rows by using the Group By option. The grid allows the grouping of data based on any attribute. You can move the attribute columns can around within their own investment type. Example: You can group all the investments by levels to see the aggregated metrics for each level.
- Export Data to CSVYou can export the common grid data to a CSV file. If your view includes 500 or fewer rows, your new CSV export file is produced immediately. If your view has more than 500 rows, you will see a notification and can download the CSV file in a few minutes. To learn more about using the Export to CSV option, see Common Components.
Some of the key points to remember while using the grid are:
- To Dos are implemented as a Studio Object but cannot be leveraged in Classic PPM.
- The Data Warehouse uses the new To Dos tables.
- To Dos stock attributes are Name, ID, Owner, Due Date, and Completed
- The To Dos ID field supports auto-numbering
- The To Dos object does not support the ability to create Sub-Objects.
- The To Dos Scorecard is not available in this release.
- You can star various To Do's to mark them as a favorite.
- You can create custom attributes for the To Dos object inClarity.
- When you upgrade to this release ofClarity, you will need to assign users the To Do - Navigate and other relevant access rights. In previous versions, users did not need any additional rights to access To Dos.
- The To Dos Object is not enabled for use with BPM processes.
- You cannot create To Dos from this page.
- The To Dos Due Date has no limitations and can fall outside an investment's Start and Finish Dates.
- When a To Dos is copied over from a template,Claritypopulates the To Dos Due Date with whatever is in the Due Date field (e.g., blank or actual) before copy.
- You can secure attributes such as Agile Planned Start associated with the abstract investment object. Since this attribute is that shared between the abstract investment object and concrete investment object (project, custom investments), you need to:
- Secure it as the abstract investment object level (Investment Abstract object and Financial Abstract object)
- Secure it for individual concrete investment objects
Working with Visual Widgets
You can quickly review and summarize the health of various investments in organizations by reviewing the To Dos page. When you navigate to the To Dos page, you need to click the Add Widgets button to add or remove widgets to the module. In this release, the following types of widgets are available on the To Do’s page.
- Progress Ring
- Number Tile
You can click the
Add Widgetbutton and select the widgets that would be available on the page. After adding the widget, you can use the
Filter Widgetsbutton to decide if the filters you have selected for the grid will be applied to the widgets.
Some of the widgets available on the page are given below. You can view a comprehensive list of widgets by clicking the Add Widget button.
Top three To Do owners regardless of the To Dos status
Total number of open To Dos
Total number of completed To Dos
Total number of overdue To Dos
Total number of To Dos
Pie chart of To Dos that are completed or still open
Percentage of To Dos still open
Percentage of To Dos complete
- When you update To Dos the widgets are automatically updated based on your changes.
- You can drag and drop widgets on the ribbon to arrange them based on your preference.
- When you save a view, then your widget preferences are also saved.
- You can configure the color in the pie chart and bar widgets by configuring the attribute display mapping. Colors for the other widgets cannot be configured.
- You can click pie charts and progress rings to switch from percentage to count and vice versa.
Follow these steps:
- In the main menu, clickTo Dos. The To Dos page is displayed.
- ClickShow Widgetsto display the widgets ribbon.
- ClickAdd Widgetsand clickAddto add the relevant widgets to the widgets ribbon.
- Use theFilter Widgetsbutton to determine if the filters you have selected for the grid will be applied to the widgets.
- Click the pie charts and progress bars to switch from percentage to count and vice versa.