Install CA Harvest SCM on Windows
Installing the components is one step in the overall installation process.
CA Harvest SCMcomponents is one step in the overall installation process.
Install the Product
The starting point and steps you use to install
CA Harvest SCMis based on a number of factors, such as whether this is the first time you are installing it, you are upgrading from a previous version, the operating system you have, the database on which the product runs, and so forth. In general, you should use the following steps for a successful installation:
- If you have not already done so, read the Release Information and Readme (if one is provided). Do not start your installation until you have read and understood that information.
- Verify that you have read, and have a basic understanding of, the product components.
- Verify that you have read the installation considerations.
- Verify that you have your installation media (DVD).
- If you are performing anew installation(that is, this is the first time you are installing the product), follow the platform-specific steps to install the server, client, and agent in the appropriate installation article.
- If you areupgradingfrom a previous release, follow the platform-specific steps to upgrade the server, client, and agent in the appropriate upgrade article.An upgrade on any platform means that you install theCA Harvest SCMserver software and then upgrade the database. We recommend that you back up the database before upgrading.
- After you have completed your new installation or product upgrade, configure your installation.
- If you have any custom components (such as SDK components), set up and test the components using the information in the article "Customize the Product."