Integrate With HPE ALM (GT HPE ALM Service)
is able to connect to instances of HPE Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) within HPE Quality Center (QC), to import Test Cases and Design Steps, Business Process Tests and Components.
Agile Requirements Designeris able to connect to instances of HPE Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) within HPE Quality Center (QC), to import Test Cases and Design Steps, Business Process Tests and Components.
Agile Requirements Designersupports HPE ALM versions 11.5, 11.52, 12, 12.2, 12.5.
We recommend that you connect to your HPE ALM instance using the REST API. It's the simpler method and does not require any configuration or installation. The REST API does not support importing BPTs. For more information, see Integrate With HPE ALM (REST).
If you require to import BPTs, connect through the GT HPE ALM Service as described here. The ALM Service is pre-installed if you have CA TDM installed. You need to install and configure the ALM Service before you can use it with CA ARD.
Install the Service
If you have not installed CA TDM, install the GT HPE ALM service first. For more information, see Install HPE ALM Service.
Connect Through the ALM Service
- SelectConnectors,GT HP ALM Servicefrom the Toolbox.
- Enter the HPE ALM service URL, and the HPE QC User Name and Password.Example: http://alm.mycompany.com:8080/ALMService
- Select a domain and project.
Configure HPE ALM Integration
The user interfaces to configure and use the import and export operations are the same for all lifecycle tool integrations. For more information, see Configure Lifecycle Tool Integration.
Deduplicate Imported Tests
When you import Tests from HPE QC, it is possible that several of the imported blocks are duplicates of one another. In HPE ALM, duplication is inevitable because ALM implements each design step separately in each test case.
Agile Requirements Designerconstructs a complete test plan, and therefore there should be no duplication in the Flow.
Agile Requirements Designercan automatically remove duplicate blocks, and also ensure that all connections are still maintained between blocks. For more information, see Deduplicate Existing Test Cases.
Import from Quality Center into Agile Designer
After you connect and authenticate yourself, you can import objects from HPE ALM, such as BPTs and Test Cases.
- If you import using individual buttons under the Import Actions pane, you can import by selecting individual items and clicking the OK button.
- If you are connecting using the ALM pane itself, in the toolbox, you can drag and drop entire tests straight into the canvas withinAgile Requirements Designer.Agile Requirements Designereither attaches the imported items to the Start and End blocks (each path has a separate Start block) or leaves them as separate items on the existing canvas.
Export from Agile Designer to HPE Quality Center
You can export Flows back into HPE Quality Center.
Follow these steps:
- Open the Path Explorer.
- Click theStore Pathbutton,Store Allbutton, orStore nbutton to export specific paths.
- Go to theStored Paths View.
- Within the Stored Paths view, clickExport Pathsand selectALM Test Cases.A dialog appears.
- Specify into which project you want to store the selected paths.ARD creates or updates the respective items.
When you now log back into QC externally (that is, not through
Agile Requirements Designer), you see the exported test plans in their chosen target location.